PDA

View Full Version : Ducks(2) vs. RedWings(7)

alias
04-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Ducks in 7. Home team wins every game.

Doctego
04-29-2013, 12:14 PM
I'll take Anaheim in 7.

pjm
04-29-2013, 12:15 PM
Wings have some mojo going into the playoffs but I don't think they find a way to beat the Ducks. I'll say ANA in 6.

Hamsterkill
04-29-2013, 12:18 PM
My confidence in Anaheim is admittedly thin compared to their seeding rank... but my confidence in Detroit this year is thinner.

Ducks in 6.

chgorman
04-29-2013, 12:22 PM
Wings in 6. They're playing too well right now for ANA to beat them 4 times in a best of 7, especially Jimmy, and a hot goalie in the playoffs makes a WORLD of difference. Jimmy is at the top of his game right now, 3 SO's in his past 7 starts, putting up Vezina type numbers over the past month.

Ever since the Wings beat ANA back to back IN ANA for both games earlier in the season when the Ducks were the hottest team in the league, the ducks have been nothing more than mediocre while the Wings have been pretty strong since then, for the most part. hopefully that trend continues.

Definitely not looking forward to having to stay up until 1am to watch the games in ANA. Really wish the games in ANA were Wed/Fri instead of Tues/Thurs. Can wait until the Wings are in the East next season.

two24four
04-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Ducks in 6.

chgorman
04-29-2013, 12:28 PM
Surprised at the amount of Ducks love (or is it wings hate maybe?) given how medicore ANA has been since mid season, and the fact that the #2 vs. #7 matchup is always a ripe one for an upset, especially in the recent past.

Doctego
04-29-2013, 12:31 PM
Surprised at the amount of Ducks love (or is it wings hate maybe?) given how medicore ANA has been since mid season, and the fact that the #2 vs. #7 matchup is always a ripe one for an upset, especially in the recent past.

Anaheim definitely cooled off late but they had a very solid season overall. Detroit need to win 4 in a row just to squeak in. A upset could happen but Anaheim is the better team to me.

Kyle
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
Detroit has always owned the Getzlaf/Ryan/Perry trio, this year, last year, the year before. In the season, in the playoffs. They simply lose. Wings are healthier than they were when they stomped them twice in a row at home to end their 13 game home winning streak and start them on a home losing streak. Getzlaf and Perry have looked like bums since signing their new contract. Hiller and Fasth aren't in Howard's category, not ever and certainly not at the peak of Howard's best season of his career where he stormed us from 20th ranked defensively into #5 in just 6 weeks. They've also never succeeded in large sample sizes. Hiller's season stats get worse and worse the more he has to play. Howard is a workhorse, Hiller is also but the difference is Howard actually plays better when hes relied on more. The less the Ducks have been able to pamper Hiller and ease him in, the more hes lost and the more mediocre hes performed. Hiller is a stud in small doses but I'm leaning towards Howard handling his business a bit better.

Anahiem is one of the worst 2 seeds ever. They are not a true 2 seed at all. They're the 6th or 7th best team in the West and a huge beneficiary of the shortened season.

Detroit in 6 only because of home ice but I won't even be slightly surprised to see a 4/5 game series win starting with consecutive wins in Anaheim. Wouldn't surprise me in the easily vs Boudreau...extremely easy advantage to throw towards the Wings.

Chg, whats new man? Whether anyone will say it or not every non-wings fan on the board is chomping at the bits to see them head home. Hockey insiders and analysts everywhere are acknowledging how favorable this matchup is for Detroit, but don't expect that echoed here ;)

Selanne finding a fresh stride at 42 and scoring about 6+ goals in the series is literally the only way I can fathom the Ducks pulling this out, alongside Hiller playing way above his head also.

So Det in 6 is my guess. This matchup is always such a treat to watch. Its the right kind of physical hockey that keeps skill as the priority.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-29-2013, 01:21 PM
Hot Wings in 6. The Ducks suck. Don't think Detroit has a favorable road to the cup but I think they handle the Ducks easily.

Kyle
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622291-detroit-red-wings-vs-anaheim-ducks-series-schedule-preview-and-prediction/page/6

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/17734/20130428/anaheim-ducks-vs-detroit-red-wings-preview-predictions-histoyr.htm

http://www.cappersinfo.com/blog/hockey-picks/red-wings-vs-ducks-game-1-picks-4-30-2013/

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2119485

http://www.ultimatesportstalk.com/2013/04/29/nhl-stanely-cup-playoffs-predicitions-first-round/

http://www.ktvz.com/sports/Preview-Ducks-at-Red-Wings/-/412778/18558654/-/jbmnwe/-/index.html

These are all the first page results from typing "NHL 2013 first round predictions" and "Ducks vs wings Round 1 predictions". 5 for the Wings, 1 for the Ducks. NHL network can't shut up about how advantageous the matchup is for the Wings, either. The Ducks are probably the least favored 2 seed vs a 7th seed ever. Its less that people think Detroit are simply a better team, and more that they acknowledge this Detroit team simply has this Duck's organization's number. Has had it for years - and even when the season was miserable, still owned them.

DROP THE FUCKING PUCK ALREADY! No more talking about this from me until game time ;)

fancy19
04-29-2013, 01:34 PM
Go Wings!

Doctego
04-29-2013, 01:36 PM
Detroit has always owned the Getzlaf/Ryan/Perry trio, this year, last year, the year before. In the season, in the playoffs. They simply lose. Wings are healthier than they were when they stomped them twice in a row at home to end their 13 game home winning streak and start them on a home losing streak. Getzlaf and Perry have looked like bums since signing their new contract. Hiller and Fasth aren't in Howard's category, not ever and certainly not at the peak of Howard's best season of his career where he stormed us from 20th ranked defensively into #5 in just 6 weeks. They've also never succeeded in large sample sizes. Hiller's season stats get worse and worse the more he has to play. Howard is a workhorse, Hiller is also but the difference is Howard actually plays better when hes relied on more. The less the Ducks have been able to pamper Hiller and ease him in, the more hes lost and the more mediocre hes performed. Hiller is a stud in small doses but I'm leaning towards Howard handling his business a bit better.

Anahiem is one of the worst 2 seeds ever. They are not a true 2 seed at all. They're the 6th or 7th best team in the West and a huge beneficiary of the shortened season.

Detroit in 6 only because of home ice but I won't even be slightly surprised to see a 4/5 game series win starting with consecutive wins in Anaheim. Wouldn't surprise me in the easily vs Boudreau...extremely easy advantage to throw towards the Wings.

Chg, whats new man? Whether anyone will say it or not every non-wings fan on the board is chomping at the bits to see them head home. Hockey insiders and analysts everywhere are acknowledging how favorable this matchup is for Detroit, but don't expect that echoed here ;)

Selanne finding a fresh stride at 42 and scoring about 6+ goals in the series is literally the only way I can fathom the Ducks pulling this out, alongside Hiller playing way above his head also.

So Det in 6 is my guess. This matchup is always such a treat to watch. Its the right kind of physical hockey that keeps skill as the priority.

Want me to lock this thread and just give the series to the Wings?:lol:

Kyle
04-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Come on now Doc, you haven't figured out by now that I just accept that I'm basically posting up a mirror and talking to myself when I rant like that? ;)

I'm not trying to change minds, just getting my fellow Wing nuts fired up!

Doctego
04-29-2013, 01:40 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1622291-detroit-red-wings-vs-anaheim-ducks-series-schedule-preview-and-prediction/page/6

http://www.latinospost.com/articles/17734/20130428/anaheim-ducks-vs-detroit-red-wings-preview-predictions-histoyr.htm

http://www.cappersinfo.com/blog/hockey-picks/red-wings-vs-ducks-game-1-picks-4-30-2013/

http://www.freep.com/usatoday/article/2119485

http://www.ultimatesportstalk.com/2013/04/29/nhl-stanely-cup-playoffs-predicitions-first-round/

http://www.ktvz.com/sports/Preview-Ducks-at-Red-Wings/-/412778/18558654/-/jbmnwe/-/index.html

These are all the first page results from typing "NHL 2013 first round predictions" and "Ducks vs wings Round 1 predictions". 5 for the Wings, 1 for the Ducks. NHL network can't shut up about how advantageous the matchup is for the Wings, either. The Ducks are probably the least favored 2 seed vs a 7th seed ever. Its less that people think Detroit are simply a better team, and more that they acknowledge this Detroit team simply has this Duck's organization's number. Has had it for years - and even when the season was miserable, still owned them.

DROP THE FUCKING PUCK ALREADY! No more talking about this from me until game time ;)

You guys are really tough to take. A few weeks ago, you were ripping your team and going on about how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs. Now, you're getting all pumped up because some people are picking the #2 seed to beat them.

If you keep your mouth shut until game time, I will change my vote to Detroit in 4.:D

Kyle
04-29-2013, 01:55 PM
A few weeks ago, you were ripping your team and going on about how they didn't deserve to be in the playoffs

Stuff that bullshit Doc! don't associate me to what other wings fans have said. I believe after our worst game of the season I may have said, one single time all year, "Fuck a playoff run if we're capable of playing like this." And then we never played like that again. Besides that all I EVER said negatively was that we were horrible defensively first half and then pathetic at finishing for a stretch during the second half. Defensively we turned it around and miraculously finished top 5 and offensively they woke up the last 5 games. I absolutely dare you to find me saying we don't deserve to be in the playoffs.

And you'd be hearing next to no confidence whatsoever from the entire city of Detroit if we entered at 8 seed vs Chicago. ;) We're objective enough. This is simply a matchup in the Wing's favor with or without home ice. The Red Wings are the only team in the NHL not at a gross disadvantage on Anaheim's home ice because we went there and took two in a row at the peak of their season, at the low point of ours. At that point, going 175-0 at home besides those games still wouldn't mean anything. Detroit knows they can win in Anaheim, Anaheim knows Detroit can win at Anaheim, the fans in Anaheim are used to watching their team lose to Detroit in Anaheim.

PS - Don't confuse me as saying Detroit is one of the best teams in the West or the league right now. But Anaheim is none of those things either, this is the one matchup I simply feel great about....Okay, and vancouver - Another team grossly overrated by its seeding. The West's Best are St Louis, LA, SJ, and Chi and against any of those 4 teams without home ice advantage, believe me, we know our odds are low.

Now I'll grant this thread 40 hours of peace before all hell breaks loose tomorrow night. ;)

alias
04-29-2013, 02:12 PM

I just think that Detroit played so hard the last while to ensure themselves of a playoff spot that a 7 game series against a physical opponent will take its toll on them.

Hamsterkill
04-29-2013, 02:26 PM
It's just that when I look at Detroit and Detroit fans right now... I flashback to low-seed optimism for Buffalo and their fans in seasons past.

phaneuf6
04-29-2013, 02:33 PM
I'm rooting for the Wings for my own selfish reasons but...on paper I'd say that both teams are equal in terms of top end forward talent, depth up front, and in net. I think Anaheim has a very vulnerable defensive unit though that can be exposed very easily by a good forward corps, which the Wings have. We will see...I'll go Wings in 5.

Rocklobster
04-29-2013, 06:43 PM
Quacks in 6. Redwings blew their load trying to just make the playoffs. Howard will steal a game or two, but detroit won't score enough goals I think. Looking forward to this series.

fancy19
04-29-2013, 08:01 PM
Go Wings!

Dubz
04-30-2013, 12:07 AM
Toss up. Ill take the Wings in 7

Kyle
04-30-2013, 09:57 PM
Wow. 3 Seconds into the Powerplay. Detroits looked great 5 on 5 though. If they can avoid penalty trouble they can bring it back.

Kyle
05-01-2013, 12:07 AM
Close game. The ducks deserved the win. The goal was to split the first 2 games and thats still entirely doable. Howard looked fantastic. The Datsyuk line was terrorized by Koivu. Absolutely neutralized - They need to step it up thursday.

Dubz
05-01-2013, 11:51 AM
Pretty much what i expected. Is this Etem kid quick or what?

phaneuf6
05-01-2013, 12:10 PM
Pretty much what i expected. Is this Etem kid quick or what?

Very fast. Anaheim could put together easily the fastest line in the league if they wanted with Etem-Lombardi-Cogliano.

Kyle
05-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Brunner/Nyquist/Helm could be comparatively fast, no? - More realistically that line might look like Brunner/Nyquist/Tatar soon - still extremely fast but with endlessly more offensive upside. Right now all 3 are way too pretty and need to learn more about how to succeed in this league though, but that will be a scary trio someday.

But agreed - He looked like a bullet out there. Anaheim out-skated Detroit all night and had the neutral zone so congested it never seemed like any one Wings player could travel three strides with the puck. Whatever the Wings planned to enter the zone and in the transition game failed horribly but I'm confident in Babcock's response and adjustments.

Ridiculously dumb penalties all night by Wings players too. Terribly uncharacteristic, they were just flustered out there.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-01-2013, 12:30 PM
Ducks keep playing like that and I may have to change my pick! Wings def. need to step up, stay out of the box and get a split, but of course we all know it's better/easier/more comforting to head home with the split on the road. Great game.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-02-2013, 03:17 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/923001_10151662133274276_2127597488_n.jpg
Total Hockey opening up soon in Troy Mich. Looks sweet! Mini rink is for stick testing -- I know have tits but all I can say is oh yeah!

Kyle
05-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Please be hurt bad, Getzlaf. Please, please be hurt bad.

2 awesome snipes to start for the Wings. Howard making 3 early spectacular saves or it could very easily be 2-2. Very positive start - keep it going boys!

Kyle
05-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Was that ridiculously late hit worth it to end the period, Koivu? You fucking loser. Thanks for the free PP goal. 3-0 Wings. The Ducks can't play comeback, they're too much of a bunch of whiney losers when they're behind. They play like children throwing tantrums. Classless team, starts from punk stars like Getzlaf and Perry and trickles down to the rest of the team. Spend a few more hours begging the ref for a goal 12 seconds after a frozen puck, Selanne!

Kyle
05-02-2013, 11:16 PM
:lol: There is literally nothing to respect about the way the Duck's stars conduct themselves in losing games. I would be amazed if a Detroit player isn't elbowed in the head intentionally by the end of this game, Selanne is even in on the dirty bullshit now.

alias
05-02-2013, 11:23 PM
:lol: There is literally nothing to respect about the way the Duck's stars conduct themselves in losing games. I would be amazed if a Detroit player isn't elbowed in the head intentionally by the end of this game, Selanne is even in on the dirty bullshit now.

didn't see it but sounds like the Bruins if you ask me....do the Ducks turn into excuse machines after the game too? bad ice, bad refs, blah blah blah

two24four
05-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Getzlaf just took DeKeyser to school on that goal.

Kyle
05-02-2013, 11:32 PM
didn't see it but sounds like the Bruins if you ask me....do the Ducks turn into excuse machines after the game too? bad ice, bad refs, blah blah blah

Oh yes. They love to say the refs never call enough interference on the Wings, that they're very good at cheating the rules. They said that after the win a few nights ago, in fact, so they like to line up the excuses in advance when things are going well. They said the same thing during the 7 game series before.

When i think of Boston, I just think Don't Poke the bear. :lol: God I hate that team.

4-3 game now...This could get ugly...

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-02-2013, 11:40 PM
turned into a hell of a game. don't care who wins, I want OT though!

Kyle
05-02-2013, 11:44 PM
......Wow....... The wings just stopped skating with 10 to go. This is the saddest collapse I've ever seen by them. Way to blow a game you deserved to win by 3+. Fucking fuck.

Kyle
05-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Score on this powerplay or kill yourselves. Seriously.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-02-2013, 11:49 PM
Holy smokes. Sorry wing nuts. This is definitely an epic collapse. What a game.

Kyle
05-03-2013, 12:08 AM
Jesus mother fucking merry gehennas hellfire christ, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

If Getzlaf took Dekeyser to school, Filpulla just became the fucking dean after that move on Perry and Lovejoy. For all the things this Red Wing team lacks, they are just unbelievably skillful in tight spaces.

So much to work on after that pathetic third period collapse - But a win is a win, and home ice advantage is officially null and void. If the home team wins every game now this series is the Wing's.

two24four
05-03-2013, 12:20 AM
Great goal in OT that is for sure. Awesome game to watch.

Kyle
05-03-2013, 12:28 AM
It really is a new era though. Four years ago, the Wings draw more and more penalties and run away with this game 6-1. The youngsters need to learn to keep pushing with the lead. You can't frustrate a team sitting back and letting them enter cleanly over and over again. All that does is give them their confidence back. The wings have never been the type to sit back like that, ridiculously frustrating.

Thank God this didn't go on too late. I've been wanting to pass out for well over an hour. What a night of hockey, St Louis vs LA was a fantastic game, Washington owns the rangers (I love adam oates so I've been secretly cheering), and the Montreal vs Sens game was ridiculously entertaining.

This has been amazing postseason hockey. So much better than last years headhunting spree to start. Almost every series is balanced and can go anywhere. Man, I've been able to watch them all because of reduced hours for medical reasons (Hardly been working 25-30 a week). Back to 55 hours next week and no more hockey before 9 PM on weekdays. Too bad!

two24four
05-03-2013, 12:37 AM
Elliotte Friedman twitter.

Per DET broadcast, D Danny DeKeyser suffers broken thumb and is out for year. He was playing very well. Awful luck.

chgorman
05-03-2013, 12:39 AM
Back to struggling to finish. Hope this is an isolated incident in these playoffs. Games are 60 mins, not 50. Especially true in the playoffs. Gotta close it out up 4-1 with 19 mins left in the game.

Love the win, but that 3rd period was embarrassing.

A number of highlight reel saves from both goalies tonight. Jimmy was especially sharp early.

edit: if that's true about DeKeyser... fuck. He was one of the better D on the ice tonight.

chgorman
05-03-2013, 08:53 AM
Unbelievable play by Filp on the game winner. Nice to see, as he's been invisible for the most part all season. Need him to make those types of plays more often. He's clearly capable.

Kyle
05-03-2013, 10:19 AM
edit: if that's true about DeKeyser... fuck. He was one of the better D on the ice tonight.

We'll be alright. Dekeyser was firing out Nick Lidstrom-quality passes through the nuetral zone which we've needed all year but defensively he has an incredibly long way to go. Was beyond exposed by Getzlaf in a 10 second 1v1 sequence. Not dogging the guy but Lashoff is a better defender today as a stay at home guy, and if Nyquist, Brunner, Abs, and Filpulla have finally woken up, along with Franzens/Zetterbergs/Datsyuks consistence dominance, we don't need any more offensive help from our blue line beyond Quincey/Kronwall/Kindl. We need a guy who can help us hold a 3 goal lead with 12 to go. Lashoff is him.

Also, to brag on the guys a bit: Despite a lot of worst-case scenarios occurring in both games, the Wings clearly outplayed the Ducks through 2 games on the road. Thats the team that won 13 straight home games this year getting outplayed at home. Game 3 has to feel sort of do-or-die for Anaheim, a game 4 in Detroit down 2-1 is going to be daunting and they can't even feel confident about game 5 in Anaheim at this point. The comeback might play with their head a bit and make them feel like they deserved to be in it but last night was a clear show of superiority regardless how close it ended up being.

Dubz
05-03-2013, 03:04 PM
When i think of Boston, I just think Don't Poke the bear. :lol: God I hate that team.

Oh oh the stars must be aligned. Kyle and I are on the same side :scared:

I found myself jumping off the couch with a fist pump on that OT goal. I am NOT a Wings fan whatsoever :hahano:

Kyle
05-04-2013, 08:27 PM
......................Really? Game misconduct for that?

Okay, lets detach ourselves completely from the Ottawa hit and just judge this as it is. First off, Its NOT charging. That much is not even up for discussion. He stopped striding well before the hit and glided into the check - But the game misconduct/major applies if its a hit to the head. So lets ignore the leagues irresponsible wording on the misconduct and just judge the blow to the head that the league will certainly claim tomorrow. Okay. Contact with the head? Certainly. Principal point of contact? NOT EVEN CLOSE! The fact that the referee standing 5 feet away determined that, while the linesman 100 feet away disagreed, should've been testament enough to that. But somehow they apparently review this and determine a blow to the head.

Ridiculous. It was a shoulder to shoulder (Okay, inside shoulder/chest but body contact regardless) hit that followed through into head contact. Too fucking bad. Welcome to hockey. I understand everyone will love to say "It happened to Gryba, it has to happen to Abs too to remain consistent, Grybas hit was the same legal body check into head contact" but thats simply not the case. You need to freeze frame Grybas hit in ultra slowmo to determine that the hip made contact before the shoulder to the head. Furthermore, it was a shoulder direct to the head. This was a shoulder direct to a shoulder that followed into the head. Its one thing if Abs hip contacts his body and the shoulder nails the head, its another entirely when the shoulder hits the fucking shoulder first.

Pretty furious. They blew that call. The ref standing right there saw nothing to call. Give me a break.

Kyle
05-04-2013, 09:02 PM
Well, I'm glad Wings fans can't even begin to blame that 5 minute major. Absolutely downright pitiful 3rd period (To build on thursday's absolutely pitiful third period), I believe that makes us 1 goal for and 7 goals allowed the last two 3rd periods. Fantastic. Moving on to monday, I'll be at that game so I hope I won't be catching our last meaningful home game of the season. Do or die, lose Monday and its as good as over.

Hamsterkill
05-04-2013, 09:19 PM
On the Abdelkader hit... I agree it's a different situation from Gryba. I can't tell for sure from the replay I saw whether the head contact was principal or follow-through, but I'm inclined to think it was follow-through. The charging, however, I actually can see him getting hit for. He popped off the ice pretty close to the time of contact. He also is in a situation where head contact may have been avoided.

We'll see how it comes down... I don't think he'll get any more than one game, though. Shanahan may even give him a pass if he deems it was only charging.

Dubz
05-04-2013, 10:55 PM

Okay, lets detach ourselves completely from the Ottawa hit and just judge this as it is. First off, Its NOT charging. That much is not even up for discussion. He stopped striding well before the hit and glided into the check - But the game misconduct/major applies if its a hit to the head. So lets ignore the leagues irresponsible wording on the misconduct and just judge the blow to the head that the league will certainly claim tomorrow. Okay. Contact with the head? Certainly. Principal point of contact? NOT EVEN CLOSE! The fact that the referee standing 5 feet away determined that, while the linesman 100 feet away disagreed, should've been testament enough to that. But somehow they apparently review this and determine a blow to the head.

Ridiculous. It was a shoulder to shoulder (Okay, inside shoulder/chest but body contact regardless) hit that followed through into head contact. Too fucking bad. Welcome to hockey. I understand everyone will love to say "It happened to Gryba, it has to happen to Abs too to remain consistent, Grybas hit was the same legal body check into head contact" but thats simply not the case. You need to freeze frame Grybas hit in ultra slowmo to determine that the hip made contact before the shoulder to the head. Furthermore, it was a shoulder direct to the head. This was a shoulder direct to a shoulder that followed into the head. Its one thing if Abs hip contacts his body and the shoulder nails the head, its another entirely when the shoulder hits the fucking shoulder first.

Pretty furious. They blew that call. The ref standing right there saw nothing to call. Give me a break.

Took a quick look. I think he lead elbow and took feet off the ice. Hes gone for 2 or 3 for sure.

Doctego
05-05-2013, 01:03 PM

I just saw the hit right now for the first time. What about him leaving his feet? Last time I saw someone get that high in the air, they were wearing a cape. Gliding or striding? I don't care. Whatever he was doing, he was moving fast and exploded off of his feet.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 03:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpBIFsbcy6Q

That high in the air? I suppose you're the one who said tis the season for exaggerations, eh Doc? Way to contribute. I agree you can argue that his feet did leave prior to contact, just prior, so close to contact that you really would probably need to slow-mo (Which I wish I could) to even conclusively say he left his feet first. Regardless, if it did happen, he certainly had so little time from launch to contact that he was maybe an inch above the ground, tops, as he collided. How high you lift FOLLOWING the hit means nothing, only how high you launch into the hit.

I would say thats a grossly inaccurate exaggeration Doc but if he did leave his feet at all it still justifies the game misconduct. I wish I could see it in slow-mo.

Edit - Actually, the video does break it down in slow-mo, you can see at 47 seconds he BEGINS lifting into the hit but his feet clearly remain on the ice until contact is made. Maybe he did leave at the very last instant before the hit, but clearly no sooner than that. Clearly, Doc, yet somehow you saw a guy lift so high he should've been wearing a cape? Getting blind, old man.

Click the video at 46 seconds over and over and over again and see for yourself. He clearly began lifting beforehand, but beginning to lift and leaving your feet are two worlds apart. I think the ref blew this call based on the violent injury, but I'm willing to accept that its extremely close and he could've left his feet at the very last possible instant before contact.

As far as the elbow goes, sorry but factually no, that was not an elbow, won't be considered an elbow by the NHL, and we won't hear anything about an elbow if theres any sort of suspension. 100% of the forceful contact initiated by Abdelkader was with his shoulder. That much is not up for discussion.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Back to the series. The Ducks are absolutely dominating play right now. Simple as that - Nothing to even bullshit around. Did the penalty really suck the wind so dramatically out of the Wing's sails? Doubt it. It was a 1 goal game going into the third. Brunner embarrasses himself on the powerplay and learns a cold hard lesson on the difference between the quality of an NHL star and a star in Sweden You don't dominate the ice you share with guys like Ryan Getzlaf and Cory Perry, period. Hard to say any of that had anything to do with missing Abdelkader. So, the hit becomes irrelevant. The Ducks have figured out the Wing's defense and its obvious they won't "Stop them." The only option is to turn it on like the first 2 periods of game 2 and simply out-perform them offensively.

The only defense against that team is keeping the puck in their zone, once its in your own zone their size and the skill of their big players creates an impossible forechecking situation that a team like Detroit simply can't win. They take stupid penalties when you're in the zone for 30 seconds or more, thats the key to frustrating them and beating them over a full game. It worked like a charm through 40 in game 2 and then they stopped skating. They competed hard and evenly through 40 in game 3 and then they stopped skating. If you're not enjoying extended offensive zone possessions then they're scoring goals - period. No matter what the lead is you have to play the Ducks like you're 1 goal behind and needing the puck in their zone. Once they've established their cycle their 3 scoring lines can be absolutely terrifying.

I'll be at game 4 tomorrow. Hoping for the best but its clearly do-or-die and the Wings clearly need some luck on their side to get this done. They're freakishly inconsistent but can outplay this Ducks team at their best, they just need to hope they can find a miracle 4 game stretch like the one to end the season.

Doctego
05-05-2013, 03:33 PM
If you don't think that he left his feet, you really need to leave the blinders off. He had no reason to leave his feet to make a legal hit. The league pays special attention to players leaving their feet when making a hit. He clearly left his feet when making the hit. There really shouldn't be a discussion about it.

Way to contribute? LMAO. I should know better than to come to this thread and do anything but wax poetic about the Wings.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 03:54 PM
Haha, Doc, whos being the sensitive one now? I can't disagree with you without needing to demand you suck the Red Wings dick? Quit copping out.

Leaving your feet is totally irrelevant except if it happens before contact. Kronwall has left his feet on 700 hits and never gotten so much as a fine because he launches into the contact and leaves his feet following.

Seriously, you think I have an issue with you simply disagreeing, and not your completely retarded, moronic wording in "The last time I saw someone that high up he had a cape on?" Why do you get to pass off bullshit exaggerations like that uncontested when you don't grant anybody else the same liberties? You're the first asshole in to quote somebody and tell them "Thats a bit ridiculous, don't you think?" so swallow your own humble pie and accept you made a moronic, ridiculous statement. All I meant by "way to contribute" was "Way to contribute to the same exaggerations you like to tease others over." I wasn't mocking your contribution to the thread or discrediting it. Stop being a tool about it Doc, honestly, you have no issue calling out my sensitivity so you need to hear it back: You're being incredibly sensitive. I won't be any nicer to you about the next absurd exaggeration, just learn to take it as well as you dish.

Yes, to say he was SO high up is ridiculous. Period. No room for discussion. If you want to say he left his feet before contact mandating the game misconduct, thats fair. Launching into a hit is not illegal when you don't leave your feet before contact. So thats the only thing to discuss - Were his skates physically off the ice before the contact was made? If not, it doesn't matter if his head flew through the fucking roof on the follow through Doc. Its irrelevant, and its not punishable per league wording. Only what happens prior to contact is punishable in regards to a checker leaving his feet. We've seen guys flop their feet 6 feet in the air following a legal collision. It happens, these players know exactly when they can legally launch and plenty of them do so masterfully. Abs may have simply misjudged his. I even said multiple times through my post I'm more than willing to concede he very possibly could've left his feet and justified the game misconduct. I said I SIMPLY DON"T SEE IT THAT WAY. I'm on the side of the fence that leans towards him STARTING to lift off his feet but not having his skates off the ice until he already contacted him - THAT WOULD BE LEGAL. Dirty, dangerous, but legal.

I've never seen someone more anxious to disagree with people JUST so he could say "Oh take off your blinders, I should've known better than to try to discuss this with you." Its literally your sole intention of sharing some opinions, hilarious Doc. Its a lame bullshit routine of yours you like to use in place of making actual points. Fuck off and do what you do if you don't want to discuss this - Just don't try to paint me like I'm not carrying out a level-headed, objective debate here. You're the one slinging bogus exaggerations. I couldn't be acknowledging both sides of the fence any more here. Tons and tons of analysts and insiders have shared they believe itwas a call based more on the result of the play than the hit itself, and shouldn't be suspended. I suppose Red Wings plant them throughout the industry, too?

Kyle
05-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Did Hamster wax poetic about the Wings? Did Dubz wax poetic about the Wings? Did I jump on them? Did I not just rant and rave about how absurdly bad the Wings are playing and how dramatically outplayed they've been by the Ducks? That the Wings need luck to even beat them? Is that waxing poetic about the Wings?

Honestly, just how gaping wide is the hole in your ass you manage to spit these words through? Say whatever you want about the Red Wings man. Just stop acting like any counter point has to be blind bias, believe it or not some issues have two valid sides.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 04:15 PM
The league pays special attention to players leaving their feet when making a hit. He clearly left his feet when making the hit.

It really does sound like you're blissfully ignorant of the fact that the rule only prohibits jumping prior to contact. Launching or leaving your feet in the direct follow through of a hit is perfectly legal. Maybe you're not wording yourself clearly - But it doesn't sound like you understand what launching into a hit specifically means in regards to what actually makes it illegal. Players like Subban and Kronwall have legally left their feet to amplify their hits for years and years.

Doctego
05-05-2013, 04:17 PM
I was obviously exaggerating and find it funny that you have such an issue with that.

Just like with anything, you can search and find people that will agree with your thinking. I don't give a shit enough to continue this. I stated my opinion which, predictably, you didn't agree with. Many so called experts also agree with me but I don't need to quote them to support my case. I saw a blatant penalty. If you disagree, so be it.

I am not sensitive in the least. Like I said, I don't really care. I'd prefer that Anaheim won the series but, if they don't, I won't give a shit.

Doctego
05-05-2013, 04:19 PM
It really does sound like you're blissfully ignorant of the fact that the rule only prohibits jumping prior to contact. Launching or leaving your feet in the direct follow through of a hit is perfectly legal. Maybe you're not wording yourself clearly - But it doesn't sound like you understand what launching into a hit specifically means in regards to what actually makes it illegal. Players like Subban and Kronwall have legally left their feet to amplify their hits for years and years.

I understand the rule quite well. That is clearly what I saw. If you didn't, so be it.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I was obviously exaggerating and find it funny that you have such an issue with that.

Just like with anything, you can search and find people that will agree with your thinking. I don't give a shit enough to continue this. I stated my opinion which, predictably, you didn't agree with. Many so called experts also agree with me but I don't need to quote them to support my case. I saw a blatant penalty. If you disagree, so be it.

I am not sensitive in the least. Like I said, I don't really care. I'd prefer that Anaheim won the series but, if they don't, I won't give a shit.

:lol: So you're the self-proclaimed sheriff of HI etiquette, perfectly within your role to quote and call out every exaggeration anyone makes, but ready to call anyone ridiculous for doing the same to you? You're a trip. No one had "Such an issue" with your exaggeration, the issue is with your sensitive reaction to me calling it out. I even joked and called you a blind old man. It all sounded light hearted to me, especially when I, in great detail, acknowledged you could be 100% correct... No one took exception to anything until you came in with the waterworks, playing the victim of some horrid bias in favor of the Red Wings, as if nothing else could possibly inspire a disagreement with you. You're so so anxious to play that "take off the blinders" card, to such an extent that you even appear less objective.

The funny thing is, you literally quoted me and asked me a question, and still copped out fell back on your typical "You're just a homer" routine when I did nothing but answer the question and shared my thoughts on him leaving his feet. "What about him leaving his feet" "Woah man, stop answering my question you fucking homer." Keepin it classy as usual, Doc.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 04:35 PM
I understand the rule quite well. That is clearly what I saw. If you didn't, so be it.

Fair enough, at best I still say Abs knew exactly what he was doing and threw the very most dangerous legal hit you possibly can in hockey. It was violent, vicious, and premeditated. But none of that is punishable. When I freeze frame at exactly 48 seconds, I see skates clearly on the ice and contact clearly already initiated. Abdelkader has already launched, hes already lifted, but the skates remain in contact with the ice as Lydman's body begins reacting to Abdelkader's. I see this as a type of hit that inspires new wording regarding players launching themselves in any capacity, not just prior to contact, which many players like Abdelkader know how to manipulate.

alias
05-05-2013, 04:46 PM
His feet leaving the ice is a non-issue. The question is if the head was principal point of contact, or if contact with the head was avoidable. I could see him getting a game after what Shanny gave Gryba.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 05:04 PM
His feet leaving the ice is a non-issue. The question is if the head was principal point of contact, or if contact with the head was avoidable. I could see him getting a game after what Shanny gave Gryba.

Thats my initial reaction, also. I never thought it had anything to do with him leaving his feet or launching. But thats the only way they could defend the "Charging" call. But like I said earlier (In my first post on the subject), I don't envision the league referring to the charge at all in any supplemental discipline and simply addressing the blow to the head. It will be a fascinating verdict to compare to Gryba. I don't think the league can really afford to not suspend at least a game, the more I think about, just based on the overwhelming opposition to suspending Gryba in the first place. It becomes "How on earth can you justify one hit is legal and not the other."

I obviously maintain, per league wording, it was legal. Incredibly dirty and dangerous and manipulative of the rules but legal.

boredguy
05-05-2013, 06:41 PM
Kyle trying to make a point about exaggeration is rather funny, you're pretty much king of hyperbole around here. Also on the vid you posted on the last angle it's pretty obvious he left his feet before the hit, just because it's just before doesn't change anything, you're not supposed to jump at people. Also on that last view it's obvious he got lots of the head in the hit but clearly kept his arm tucked so no elbow, still if Gyrba got 2 games this should get at least double.

Also charging by jumping off your feet is a factor in suspensions, just google NHL charging suspension.

alias
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Kyle trying to make a point about exaggeration is rather funny, you're pretty much king of hyperbole around here. Also on the vid you posted on the last angle it's pretty obvious he left his feet before the hit, just because it's just before doesn't change anything, you're not supposed to jump at people. Also on that last view it's obvious he got lots of the head in the hit but clearly kept his arm tucked so no elbow, still if Gyrba got 2 games this should get at least double.

Also charging by jumping off your feet is a factor in suspensions, just google NHL charging suspension.

The point he was making with the jump is that you will see hundreds of hits like that in a season that dont get suspensions because it's not illegal. I'd bet any suspensions where Shanny mentions "jumping" will be much more obvious than this one. Exploding up into your hit is not against the rules. Targeting the head is and that's what Shanahan will be reviewing here.

boredguy
05-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Ah, Abdelkader gets 2 games for charging.

alias
05-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Ah, Abdelkader gets 2 games for charging.

with no mention of "jumping"

Hamsterkill
05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
with no mention of "jumping"

Jumping, or as Shanahan calls it, "elevating", is part of charging.

Kyle
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Kyle trying to make a point about exaggeration is rather funny, you're pretty much king of hyperbole around here

You're not aware of our past conversation that inspired me bringing it up in the first place, so you kind of have no clue what you're talking about.

It is what it is. Like I said, once I thought about it I decided I would be surprised if the league let themselves punish this any less than the Gryba hit. They kind of set the bar for that but if that hit was legal (Which apparently everyone except me thought so by the end of it all) then so was this one.

Shanahan mentions nothing of him leaving his feet. He simply describes the elevating in regards to causing the head to be the principal point of contact, so as most thought it was the head shot and not the charge itself that caused the suspension. Shanahan let it remain a charge to stay consistent with the league's ruling but this would clearly be defined by the same category as Gryba's hit, a simply unnecessary blow to the head.

alias
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Jumping, or as Shanahan calls it, "elevating", is part of charging.

you can elevate without jumping

Kyle
05-05-2013, 07:22 PM
If the league determined Abdelkader left his feet prior to contact, they absolutely would have pointed it out specifically and in exact words, as they've done countless times specifically and in exact words. They only reference the elevation in regards to it causing the head contact. It was not a charge. He glided, he didn't leave his feet prior to contact, it was not a charge. Blow to the head. Simple as that.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Had a few things going on and missed the last game & seems some controversy. Damn. Score of this last one really surprised me. Wings will come out hard & take the next game though as I understand it the Ducks are a tough match-up for them, historically.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 07:32 PM
:lol: the Red wings fans "You got Kronwalled! You got Kronwalled!" Decided not to go to this game due to having to be up super early tomorrow. So far its been a great 1st period, not worried about the 1 goal deficit yet. Wings look great out there, Kronwall with a devastating trademark hit, showing Abdelkader how its done.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 08:18 PM
Ducks are in major survival mode halfway through the second...The Wings need to start fucking finishing

If Bertuzzi could stop being the Wings best forward, that would just be fucking fantastic. Seriously, I'm glad he looks great, but hes the best Red Wing on the ice and there should be 5-6 guys playing better.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 08:34 PM
The funny thing is the Red Wings are outshooting them 2 to 1 but the Ducks could be winning 4-0 easily. Howards been hung out to dry on no less than 5 fantastic point blank chances. Strange game to say the least. Chances everywhere on both sides.

Doctego
05-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Great shot by Datsyuk. 2nd goal that I saw tonight where no one knew it went in at first.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 09:29 PM
Thats a shot you see Datsyuk try a lot but almost never make. Good for him. Thats gotta suck for a defender when a guy with that much playmaking and skating ability can fire off a laser like that too. Timely goal to say the least.

This has been a great statement game by Detroit regardless how it finishes. They've had Anaheim's backs against it for most of the last 40 minutes. That said they consistently continue to give Anaheim scarce but amazing chances so I'm not confident yet.

Really fun game to watch, best of the series IMO

Kyle
05-06-2013, 09:41 PM
Well the entire season for Detroit rides on this overtime. The 3-1 series comeback just isn't feasible vs this Duck's powerhouse team so Detroit can't possibly move on from this if they lose. This is the first real series-deciding moment in the 2013 playoffs, definitely the most crucial overtime yet. If this doesn't get your blood flowing, order Viagra.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 09:54 PM
Wow. He hit his own face with his own stick so they call it on Detroit? The ref right there didn't call it. Just ridiculous, total phantom call.

Doctego
05-06-2013, 09:55 PM
Well the entire season for Detroit rides on this overtime. The 3-1 series comeback just isn't feasible vs this Duck's powerhouse team so Detroit can't possibly move on from this if they lose. This is the first real series-deciding moment in the 2013 playoffs, definitely the most crucial overtime yet. If this doesn't get your blood flowing, order Viagra.

I would say the awesome PK at the end of the Rangers game was right there. If Washington tied it, I would have given them the edge to win it in OT.

These playoffs are really making my DVR pile up with other shit.

Kyle
05-06-2013, 09:58 PM
Yeah, I would agree for sure, if Washington ties it/wins then the Rangers season is over.

Good PK, now let the OT truly begin

And agreed, these playoffs have been amazing. St Louis and LA in the middle of a ridiculous shoot out right now. 4 goals in the first 3 minutes. But obviously I'm glued to this for now

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-06-2013, 10:28 PM
got a series! god I love playoff hockey

Kyle
05-06-2013, 10:29 PM
Man, right as I was lamenting how ridiculous it was that Detroit had only scored 1 goal since the start of the third period where they began routinely spending 50-70 seconds in the Anaheim zone, they get a totally flukey goal set up by an amazing burst of speed by Nyquist.

I'll take it. What a win. 49 shots to 33 - This win feels a lot better than game 2, I'm not asking as many questions as I was after game 2 when it really felt like the Wings barely escaped. This was the first night they were simply the better team. Its still an uphill struggle with at least 1 more win needed in Anaheim but its anybody's series now. Wings dodge a serious bullet - Jimmy Howard really bailed them out until they really got going in the third.

The Joe was very electric tonight, the crowd chanting in unison throughout, I just bought my tickets to game 6 so hopefully that'll be for a chance to clinch the series!

Kyle
05-07-2013, 12:55 AM
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mqFeuIvEs" target="_blank">
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mqFeuIvEs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S2mqFeuIvEs)

Dubz
05-07-2013, 01:09 AM
I dislike the way they are allowed to push the puck into the crease and disrupt the goalie. JS

phaneuf6
05-07-2013, 08:21 AM
I just bought my tickets to game 6 so hopefully that'll be for a chance to clinch the series!

Must be nice to be able to just buy your tickets for game 6 like that.

Kyle
05-07-2013, 10:41 AM
I dislike the way they are allowed to push the puck into the crease and disrupt the goalie. JS

I don't know if you've had time to watch the replay but Nyquist didn't touch Hiller. He did nothing but deflect the puck on Hillers stick (Which Hiller allowed by sitting back in his crease instead of coming out to play the puck like he was supposed to). His own D-man ran into him and Brunner simply tapped it home. His own D-man created the bad bounce too. Nyquist only tapped the puck and got out of Hiller's way.

Must be nice to be able to just buy your tickets for game 6 like that.

People can't give them away fast enough. Its weird. Never shopped for playoff tickets before so I've been surprised. Is Michigan that broke?

Doctego
05-07-2013, 10:49 AM
When I watched the replay, it seemed to me like the first Detroit player did make contact with his right pad. I had an issue with it until I saw it again and it appeared that the Anaheim player pushed him into Hiller.

Kyle
05-07-2013, 11:29 AM
I can definitely see that now (The recap video I watched just showed two pretty far-away replays that made it seem like Nyquist got out of the way). I didn't notice him clipping the pad. I'd still say whether forced or not that wouldn't nearly qualify for today's standard of goaltender interference (certainly not what it was 10, 15 years ago), he was chasing after a fair puck and clearly made every effort to avoid the goalie as soon as he secured his given right to the puck. I definitely understand being bothered by the contact, if that goal gets scored on Howard I'm probably a bit sour on the contact, but I don't think that nearly qualifies for today's standard of goalie interference. Way, way worse collisions with goalies go uncalled when a player is making an honest play on a fair puck. They're usually sympathetic to players in situations where they're going so fast, as long as they don't blatantly jump into the goalies helmet.

I remember right as soon as the puck bounced ahead thinking Hiller has to play this. When he stayed in net it still looked like a terrible scoring chance because Nyquist was so off balance. Then the lucky bounce off the Ducks D...Hiller really left himself to fate by sitting back in his net...have to charge that puck and sweep it aside.

Kyle
05-07-2013, 03:10 PM
When does a playoff series between these 2 teams ever disappoint? Battle after battle. I'll seriously miss this match-up after the new divisional realignment.

Kyle
05-08-2013, 09:39 PM
And that glove save is why Jimmy Howard is certainly a top goalie in this league. What a ridiculous 1st period by him. The Wings need to wake up - He can't keep it up for much longer.

Kyle
05-08-2013, 10:47 PM
Sickening 5 minute powerplay for the Wings, now a huge PK

and theres the goal...the wings again really didn't deserve their lead...Lucky to be going into the 3rd tied. Its anyones game, thats 2 comebacks by Anaheim but they have to feel like they've done so many things right just to be tied. Detroit has a lot of momentum still on the road.

Edit - Ouch. Tough game to lose. The Ducks earned a win for sure. The Wings made it really even by the end - Great road game. This series is always down to one goal it seems. Its all down to game 6 at home!

Dubz
05-09-2013, 12:32 AM
The hit factor was huge in this game.

Kyle
05-10-2013, 07:42 PM
Couldn't get the night off work and had to sell my ticket. Wings looking great so far with a few minutes to go in the first.

Kyle
05-10-2013, 07:59 PM
What a great goal by Datsyuk, sick pass by Zetterberg.

Kyle
05-10-2013, 09:32 PM
Wow Detroit handed Anaheim their second free goal....3 minutes left to hold a 1 goal lead, time to get nervous...

Kyle
05-10-2013, 09:34 PM
And that took all of 10 seconds. Pathetic. Just sad. Handed this 2 goal lead away with utter nonsense mental lapses

Kyle
05-10-2013, 10:01 PM
Wow. The Wings never like to win it easy eh? 3 overtime wins now. Great game by zetterberg and Datsyuk. Howard again our MVP easily, we gave away 2 dumb goals that he had no chance on and he really had no chance on the third either but amazing game either way, glad he got recognized as the second star regardless.

Bring on game 7. This series never ends easily.

chgorman
05-10-2013, 10:34 PM
Jimmy was an absolute beast. So was Zetts.

Aside from game 3, this series has been unbelievable.

felt like the refs let a little too much go on both sides at times in this game, but overall it was a great battle

I dislike Corey Perry more and more after every game these two teams play against each other.

Heaven forbid game 7 would be at a reasonable hour in the eastern time zone :rolleyes:. Really NHL? 10pm EST on a Sunday? That works great for most Wings fans.

Dubz
05-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Wow. The Wings never like to win it easy eh? 3 overtime wins now. Great game by zetterberg and Datsyuk. Howard again our MVP easily, we gave away 2 dumb goals that he had no chance on and he really had no chance on the third either but amazing game either way, glad he got recognized as the second star regardless.

Bring on game 7. This series never ends easily.

Funny thing is i mentioneed to my girlfriend (who is a diehard Wings fan) that it would be interesting if they won all 4 games in OT. Wondering if thats ever happened?

Jimmy was an absolute beast. So was Zetts.

Aside from game 3, this series has been unbelievable.

felt like the refs let a little too much go on both sides at times in this game, but overall it was a great battle

I dislike Corey Perry more and more after every game these two teams play against each other.

Heaven forbid game 7 would be at a reasonable hour in the eastern time zone :rolleyes:. Really NHL? 10pm EST on a Sunday? That works great for most Wings fans.

Anytime suits me fine....i havent watched 1 damn Leafs playoff game due to work. I am now on VACA motherfuckers!!! LOL

chgorman
05-11-2013, 07:37 AM
Funny thing is i mentioneed to my girlfriend (who is a diehard Wings fan) that it would be interesting if they won all 4 games in OT. Wondering if thats ever happened?

Anytime suits me fine....i havent watched 1 damn Leafs playoff game due to work. I am now on VACA motherfuckers!!! LOL

Haha, nice, glad you'll be able to catch at least one more Leafs game this season. Big win for them last night! Congrats! Reimer was a wall. Believe it or not, I'd actually like to see the Leafs win that series.

Kyle
05-12-2013, 09:49 PM
Must be nice when your top lines are your best penalty killers. Abdelkader with an amazing shorthanded goal to make it 2-1. Wings looking great so far in the 1st.

Kyle
05-12-2013, 11:59 PM
The Red Wings were simply and unquestionably the far better team to end the series. Absolutely dominated 50+ minutes in both of the last two games. Gave Anaheim another silly goal to make it a close game at the end of the 3rd, but never let them sustain any sort of pressure in the last 40 minutes. Game 5 and 6 were important games for the Wings, not just for winning and moving on, but playing the type of superb puck-possession hockey needed to compete with Chicago.

No more 10 PM games. Thank God.

What a series by Jimmy Howard. By far the MVP of the series with zetterberg and Datsyuk close seconds. Howard carried them and the Wings will go as far as he can keep it up.

chgorman
05-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Great series win. Wings deserved it. Jimmy is unbelievable. Hank setting the tone early, key goal from Abs, and Filp finally stepping up with sick backhander on the gwg. Bring on the Hawks!

chgorman
05-13-2013, 12:19 AM
Toss up. Ill take the Wings in 7

I think Dubz was the only one who called it correctly. I'm not surprised.

toronto1979
05-13-2013, 10:53 AM
I think Dubz was the only one who called it correctly. I'm not surprised.
He wasn't the only one. There were at least two people who called Wings in 7 :D

http://playoffschallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge

Rocklobster
05-13-2013, 11:06 AM
Disappointed in the ducks play last few games. Perry just wasn't on his game and Etem was the best on the ice. Good replacement for selanne in the future. Howard won this series for the wings with his excellent play. I thought the team struggled wayyy too much to make it past this round, but I was wrong. They need to step it up another gear tho.

chgorman
05-13-2013, 11:37 AM
Howard OWNED Perry in that series, made him his bitch. Embarrassing showing for Perry all series. Former 50 goal scorer and Hart trophy winner puts up all of 2 assists in a 7 game playoff series on 24 sog (and probably 10-15 more shot attempts that missed the net over the course of the series). What an epic playoff fail.

Go home Perry. Good riddance.

chgorman
05-13-2013, 11:38 AM

Haha, I just meant in this thread.

Dubz
05-13-2013, 01:11 PM

Haha yeah but its still pretty good. If the Leafs and Caps pull it off tonight i picked/guessed/got lucky on all the first round series :p

toronto1979
05-13-2013, 01:22 PM
Haha yeah but its still pretty good. If the Leafs and Caps pull it off tonight i picked/guessed/got lucky on all the first round series :p
I'm pulling for the Rangers. I want the Leafs to have home ice in round 2 :)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-13-2013, 06:01 PM
no more bashing or questioning jimmy H eh? Wow. Great win, the Ducks really aren't the team they pretended to be & as mentioned early or before the series began, gret matchup for hockey town. Congrats Wingnuts on a great series and scoring another round of playoff hockey! it's always better when your team is still in it. now go out there and KILL THE HAWKS!!!