PDA

View Full Version : keepers

Roy Hinske
03-23-2013, 09:35 AM
who would you keep in standard H to H with regular stats? Keep 2. CC Sabathia, Halladay or Shields or keep all 3 and look to drop a bat.

rico3994
03-23-2013, 08:59 PM
I think Halladay and Shields are close for this year, but I can't see you wanting to keep Halladay next year. What are your offensive options? I could see only keeping CC

CayugaPosse
03-24-2013, 08:37 AM
I'd also like to see your options offensively, but assuming there's nothing there...leave Halladay at the door.

I don't know if you've been paying attention this spring, but his velocity has fallen off a cliff(92mph average fastball for most of his career became 90 last year and is now 86 through spring), he's getting blasted in spring training(his last start was against the Jays AAA team in Buffalo, and he threw 81 pitches and managed to get swings and misses on exactly 3 of them. He's about the furthest thing from a keeper there is right now...he's like goddamn plutonium, likely best to just steer clear of him altogether.

Both of those guys appear to be MUCH better options right now.

two24four
03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
Yeah I agree on Halladay. One more thing on him. Pat Gillick was on PTS this week (he still works for the Phillies) he said Halladay has dropped his arm slot even further down which is not helping him at all. He's almost throwing side arm.

Roy Hinske
03-26-2013, 11:06 AM
Looks like we only keep 7. Here are the options Carlos Gonzales, Fielder, Tulowitski, R. Zimmerman, Hill, Granderson, Sabathia, Shields, Halladay, Minor, Bailey