PDA

View Full Version : Calling Bullsh*t on Melky Cabrera

King_Killah
09-26-2012, 05:55 PM
You know...... when Melky Cabrera announced he wanted out of eligibility to win a batting title because he got busted and suspended for 50, I was thinking...wow, that's owning up to it. I actually applauded him for a minute. But the one comment he made, which is bugging me...and has since taken my applaud away is this:

I have no wish to win an award that would be tainted.
With that said........ here is the question of the day, week, month.........

If Melky Cabrera did NOT get busted for high levels of testosterone and subsequently suspended for 50 games AND he ended up winning the batting race, WOULD he have accepted the award?

I am calling bullsh*t on Melky Cabrera and stating that he would have fully accepted the award contradicting his own comments of a tainted win.

ih8music
09-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Yeah, there's no way he would have outed himself had he won it.

Seems pretty clear that the award would have been tainted in his eyes because he got caught and embarrassed and let his team down, not the cheating in the first place.

Doctego
09-26-2012, 10:25 PM
You must have a lot of down time right now. Who knows what he actually meant? Maybe tainted in the eyes of the fans, voters, etc. Either way, I'm glad that he did more than most probably would have done.