PDA

View Full Version : Waiver wire Torrey Smith

habsfan1
09-14-2012, 08:10 PM
Should I use my #2 waiver on Torrey Smith?

I could drop Helu (9th round pick) or Kendall Wright(12th round pick).

The only other thing is we are allowed to keep up to 3 players per year two rounds above where they were picked the year before, meaning I can keep Wright in the 10th round next year, 8th round the year after.

Other potential keepers next year include:

Luck in the 8th
Des Bryant in the 6th (keeper this year)
Demaryius Thomas in the 4th

FlyGuy78
09-14-2012, 09:59 PM
The answer is yes but I would need to see your whole roster in order to know who to drop.

habsfan1
09-14-2012, 10:35 PM
QB Vick (don't judge me)
QB Luck
WR Jennings
WR Bryant
WR Thomas
WR Jones GB (can't drop right now because he played this week, not until Monday, Smith comes off waivers tomorrow)
WR Wright
RB Rice
RB McFadden
RB Helu
TE Finley
D Sea
K Gould (can't drop see above)

12 team league

FlyGuy78
09-15-2012, 06:35 AM
Drop Wright for Smith. And when possible drop Jones for another RB. I personally would also drop SEA for a different defense. I think they beat the Cowgirls in SEA this weekend, but there are plenty of better options at defense.

habsfan1
09-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Rb's available

Ingram
Royster
K Hunter
F Jones
J Rodgers
R Brown

FlyGuy78
09-15-2012, 09:14 AM
Rodgers, Hunter, Royster.

habsfan1
09-15-2012, 10:25 AM
Thx, that's how I had them too.

King_Killah
09-15-2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah, I would drop Wright also for Smith. As for the dropping Jones thing... Eh... Not really sure ANY of those guys will outproduce Jones right now. Jennings or not.... Royster is in the midst of too many hands in the Washington's RB cookie jar. Rodgers is fine. Hunter will be a must have if Gore goes down. I guess if you can stash him, go ahead and can Jones and stash Hunter or Rodgers. But I wouldn't be too upset if you held onto Jones, either.

FlyGuy78
09-15-2012, 05:59 PM
Yeah, I would drop Wright also for Smith. As for the dropping Jones thing... Eh... Not really sure ANY of those guys will outproduce Jones right now. Jennings or not.... Royster is in the midst of too many hands in the Washington's RB cookie jar. Rodgers is fine. Hunter will be a must have if Gore goes down. I guess if you can stash him, go ahead and can Jones and stash Hunter or Rodgers. But I wouldn't be too upset if you held onto Jones, either.

He only has 3 RB on his team though, he needs more depth. No point in having all those WR.

habsfan1
09-15-2012, 07:00 PM
He only has 3 RB on his team though, he needs more depth. No point in having all those WR.

You're right, I think with Bryant, Thomas, Jennings, and Smith; Jones will never play.

habsfan1
09-15-2012, 10:58 PM
Drop Wright for Smith. And when possible drop Jones for another RB. I personally would also drop SEA for a different defense. I think they beat the Cowgirls in SEA this weekend, but there are plenty of better options at defense.

Thanks for the advice on def, swapped them out for Cincy this week, hoping for a few Weeden picks this week.

King_Killah
09-18-2012, 06:32 PM
See....... Here is where Fly is old school and hasn't adapted...... You may have (had) only three RBs, but none of what is on the FA would start over Rice or McFadden (until McFadden gets hurt). None of what's in the FA pool is worth an ant hill of ant crap and none will outproduce Jones regardless of whether Jennings is healthy and playing or not. I would rather have the bigger producer on the bench then some slop that is just taking up bench space. Having Helu to play the bye-weeks your starters is enough. I mean, I don't hate the move per se, but I don't think it is necessary at this point... As for Fly......... Terrible advice in dropping Seattle. Their defense isn't that bad, and I am guessing if you went Cincy off of the waiver wire, the defenses left aren't that great. What defenses are out there??? I wouldn't go back to Seattle for this week since they'll have to deal with Green Bay, but Cincy will get rolled up on against Washington.

FlyGuy78
09-18-2012, 09:09 PM
See....... Here is where Fly is old school and hasn't adapted...... You may have (had) only three RBs, but none of what is on the FA would start over Rice or McFadden (until McFadden gets hurt). None of what's in the FA pool is worth an ant hill of ant crap and none will outproduce Jones regardless of whether Jennings is healthy and playing or not. I would rather have the bigger producer on the bench then some slop that is just taking up bench space. Having Helu to play the bye-weeks your starters is enough. I mean, I don't hate the move per se, but I don't think it is necessary at this point... As for Fly......... Terrible advice in dropping Seattle. Their defense isn't that bad, and I am guessing if you went Cincy off of the waiver wire, the defenses left aren't that great. What defenses are out there??? I wouldn't go back to Seattle for this week since they'll have to deal with Green Bay, but Cincy will get rolled up on against Washington.

I knew the Cowgirls were going to lose in Seattle, but I thought Cinncy defense (which is supposed to be a lot better this year, but is not), could of shut down Cleveland a little better than they did. I personally wouldn't roll with Seattle or Cinncy as my every week defense, I was just playing the better matchup for the week.

And don't listen to King, you need RB depth since you never know when you are going to need it. Having 5 WR is pointless if one of them will never play. I would pick up Rodgers since Turner just landed his ass in jail and will most likely be seeing a suspension. Plus, he sucks.

habsfan1
09-18-2012, 09:59 PM
No suspension for Turner.

I will hold on to my waiver at the moment in case a back gets hurt (we work on a waiver system every week, so owners can't pick up anyone they want after a player has a big game). However it is easy to move up the waiver wire as owners are quite active. Right now I can roll with Rice and McFadden and 3 wr's until bye weeks.

I will play the match-ups on def, which is tougher this week, FA's include: Arizona, Indy, Jax, Dallas, Buffalo, Giants, and Dallas.

FlyGuy78
09-18-2012, 10:09 PM

No, but he could be punished by his team for 1 game and that's all it could take for Rodgers to take over. Turner is over the hill anyway and is not suited for this high tempo offense that ATL is going with.

King_Killah
09-22-2012, 06:15 PM

I will hold on to my waiver at the moment in case a back gets hurt (we work on a waiver system every week, so owners can't pick up anyone they want after a player has a big game). However it is easy to move up the waiver wire as owners are quite active. Right now I can roll with Rice and McFadden and 3 wr's until bye weeks.

I will play the match-ups on def, which is tougher this week, FA's include: Arizona, Indy, Jax, Dallas, Buffalo, Giants, and Dallas.

Wow, Dallas got two teams!!! HAHAHA... If you didn't get the Giants in there, I like Buffalo of these choices.

King_Killah
09-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I knew the Cowgirls were going to lose in Seattle, but I thought Cinncy defense (which is supposed to be a lot better this year, but is not), could of shut down Cleveland a little better than they did. I personally wouldn't roll with Seattle or Cinncy as my every week defense, I was just playing the better matchup for the week.

And don't listen to King, you need RB depth since you never know when you are going to need it. Having 5 WR is pointless if one of them will never play. I would pick up Rodgers since Turner just landed his ass in jail and will most likely be seeing a suspension. Plus, he sucks.

No dummy..... WRs are almost always going to outscore RBs in most formats, especially when we are talking about waiver wire guys.... Doesn't matter if one of the WRs will never play because the RB that he would pick up would never play also. If a RB goes down, then scour the WW.