PDA

View Full Version : Waivers

jeffoule
09-05-2012, 10:24 AM
As you might have seen in the other thread, I drafted yesterday and now I am looking at the waivers to see if there is any upgrades here and there...

My team:
QB : T.Romo, J.Locker
RB : M.Forte, B.Green-Ellis, D.Martin, R.Mendenhall
WR : P.Harvin, R.Wayne, T.Young, A.Boldin
TE : B.Pettigrew
K : Cundiff
D : Jets

Waivers options...

QB:
Freeman
Dalton
Wilson
Fitzpatrick
Tebow/Sanchez

RB:
F.Jones
D.Thomas
B.Scott
M.Tolbert
J.Dwyer
Starks
R.Brown

WR:
M.Manningham
R.Randle
L.Robinson
L.Hankerson
K.Wright (rookie to steal the job?)

TE:
B.Celek
Keller

K:
Hanson
Keading

DEF:
Packers
Bills
Cowboys

Cheers!

Rocklobster
09-05-2012, 10:54 AM
nothing for RB as you're pretty set there. you're weak at WR but nothing is better on waivers. I do like Freeman as a QB but i'm not sure if he's an upgrade over locker, i don't know much about JL.

D i hear the bills D is a lot better this year but what you have is good enough.

jeffoule
09-05-2012, 12:42 PM
Great, thanks for the feedbacks.

With my 2nd and 3rd back-to-back picks, I wanted to pick one RB and one WR, but didnt pick my 2nd in time (90 sec per pick) so auto-pick was activated and the system picked Green-Ellis automatically (who was in my queue). Not that I dont like BGE, but I wouldnt have picked 3 RBs in a row :/ I tried to catch up with the WRs, but the dammage was done.

Winger72
09-05-2012, 05:23 PM
Stay where you are for right now. I'd keep an eye on Freeman, but remember that TB and Dallas have the same bye week (Wk 5).

chgorman
09-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Agreed, I don't see any notable upgrades there.

jeffoule
09-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Stay where you are for right now. I'd keep an eye on Freeman, but remember that TB and Dallas have the same bye week (Wk 5).

lol didnt even realize that... thx!

King_Killah
09-07-2012, 10:14 PM
Looking at your squad........

I would consider peeking at Andy Dalton, Ryan Wilson, and TEEEEEEEBow! Reasons... Dalton, mark my words...you heard it hear first, will be a top 10 QB by season's end. Ryan Wilson has impressed in the pre-season, but I still believe the Seahawks are FRAUDS, and Tebow will lead the Jets in rushing TDs, however, that won't help you since I wouldn't play him over Romo, except for the Romo bye-week.

That RB list, at this point with looking at what you have, the only names that I would entertain are Dwyer and Starks. I wouldn't say you are "set" at that spot just yet. You have Forte. Should be a monster. But if he should slip, or get hurt, or if the coaching staff just wants to preserve him, Bush is there and Bush is a solid RB that could/will steal touches. BJGE... should be good. Martin. He's a Bucc. Not buying ANYTHING Buccaneer at this point. ANYTHING. Mendenhall, is he healthy, is he not? Will he last?

That WR list after peeping your core... Kendall Wright without a doubt needs a spot on your roster. Reuben Randle, will be solid. Laurent Robinson should be good. Manningham could even be an upgrade. I love that you have Percy Harvin. Reggie Wayne says he's rejuvenated. Is he? Titus Young I think will surprise a few people. Teams will double and triple Calvin, so Titus will get his. Anquan.....I could do without him. In fact, I would straight up drop Boldin for Kendall Wright, right now without even thinking twice about it.

TEs... Surprised that Celek went so late in many leagues or not at all in your case. I think he will produce. Not more than Pettigrew though.

Kickers... You got one right? He has a job still right?

Defenses... F*ck the damn J-E-T-S, Jets, Jets, Jets defense..... Packers are easily the #2 defense behind San Francisco this year. Bank on that. I also like Buffalo to surprise a few. Dallas showed that they have improved, but of the three...... and if you wanna include your Jets, I would have the 'boys 4th.

Names on that list that I would not even consider are JOSH FREEMAN...... He is TERRIBLE. No, the addition of Vincent Jackson won't help him. Ronnie Brown.... wow, he is still in the NFL?

As you might have seen in the other thread, I drafted yesterday and now I am looking at the waivers to see if there is any upgrades here and there...

My team:
QB : T.Romo, J.Locker
RB : M.Forte, B.Green-Ellis, D.Martin, R.Mendenhall
WR : P.Harvin, R.Wayne, T.Young, A.Boldin
TE : B.Pettigrew
K : Cundiff
D : Jets

Waivers options...

QB:
Freeman
Dalton
Wilson
Fitzpatrick
Tebow/Sanchez

RB:
F.Jones
D.Thomas
B.Scott
M.Tolbert
J.Dwyer
Starks
R.Brown

WR:
M.Manningham
R.Randle
L.Robinson
L.Hankerson
K.Wright (rookie to steal the job?)

TE:
B.Celek
Keller

K:
Hanson
Keading

DEF:
Packers
Bills
Cowboys

Cheers!

habsfan1
09-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Wilson over Locker, everything else is fine.

jeffoule
09-09-2012, 04:23 PM
That WR list after peeping your core... Kendall Wright without a doubt needs a spot on your roster. Reuben Randle, will be solid. Laurent Robinson should be good. Manningham could even be an upgrade. I love that you have Percy Harvin. Reggie Wayne says he's rejuvenated. Is he? Titus Young I think will surprise a few people. Teams will double and triple Calvin, so Titus will get his. Anquan.....I could do without him. In fact, I would straight up drop Boldin for Kendall Wright, right now without even thinking twice about it.

Thanks for the feedbacks :beer:

Yeah Wright over Boldin seems to be a good move. I am also considering Leonard Hankerson and/or Stephen Hill.

King_Killah
09-10-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the feedbacks :beer:

Yeah Wright over Boldin seems to be a good move. I am also considering Leonard Hankerson and/or Stephen Hill.

Be careful with this one.... by that, I mean not to get suckered into making a move based off of this week 1 performance. That said, I did pick Hill up in a league, actually I think two...but in both of those leagues, Hill will NOT start for me except on a bye-week or in injury occurs. Basically they were just grabs to "cockblock" because the leagues always seem to make pick ups of whoever the best players of the week were, and I just so happened to get online....Example: Alfred Morris was picked up everywhere. So, someone no doubt will want Hill based on his week 1. I'll trade him for another guy who won't play or a draft pick or something. Or, ultimately just dump him. Who knows!

But if you are comparing Wright to Hankerson and Hill, Wright is still the way to go.