PDA

View Full Version : keeper help

bearcats
08-22-2012, 08:32 PM
I had 4 goalies rostered at the end of last year as I snagged Holtby from FA late in the season, I am really thinking Holtby will win the number 1 job... we keep 10 players and I have some tough decisions to make...What are your thoughts about keeping Holtby over kipper....whom shall I keep? I am thinking this;

My team who I may keep is in red

H. Sedin
Chara
Selanne
Pavelski
Pomminville
Doughty
Smith
Halak
Holtby
Koivu
Marleu
Kipper
Boyle
PA Parenteau
Filpulla
Ennis
M Richards
Goligoski

really have lots of options...where does Parenteau fit in Colorado? Filpulla had a great year last year...How can I not keep Marleau?

Raja
08-22-2012, 08:57 PM
H. Sedin
Chara
Pavelski
Pomminville
Doughty
Smith
Koivu
Marleau
Kipper
Boyle

I wouldn't keep Halak or Holtby, at best they're seeing 50 starts barring injury. Go for the proven 65+ guy, especially works out so you don't need to draft a #3 too early. You get an extra skater in Marleau, and I subbed Boyle for Selanne since he's likely done this year, and I don't think Selanne will beat last years output unless Ryan gets moved for a #2C. Probably much easier to re-draft as well.

Rocklobster
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM
H. Sedin
Chara
Pavelski
Pomminville
Doughty
Smith
Halak
Koivu
Marleau
Kipper

i'd keep halak over boyle or pominville. selanne is hard to let go, but is a huge risk to keep.

bearcats
08-22-2012, 11:24 PM
good thoughts folks...I like that neither of you balked at Koivu, I think he is set for a big year with the addition of Parise and Suter...if I kept boyle my D would be stud solid which IMO was one of the reasons I won last year...the more I think about it...keeping chara/doughty/boyle is likely better than keeping 3 of kipper/holtby/halak/smith...Selanne vs Marleau really seems like a question for me...

jeffoule
08-23-2012, 08:11 AM
H. Sedin
Chara
Selanne
Pavelski
Pomminville
Doughty
Smith
Halak
Holtby
Koivu
Marleu
Kipper
Boyle
PA Parenteau
Filpulla
Ennis
M Richards
Goligoski

I wouldnt keep 3 def, especially since you only roster 4. With two 60+ games starters, Halak is expendable (and redraftable), so I took M.Richards over him because of all the peripherals that he brings. He had strong playoffs.

Rocklobster
08-23-2012, 09:44 AM
i dunno mike richards seems more re-draftable to me than halak boyle or goligoski.

I would also keep marleau over selanne only because I feel patty can hit 30 G's and could be a keeper for you next year too.

This is selanne's last year, how much left does he have to give? I would try and redraft him though.

Roy Hinske
08-23-2012, 11:16 AM
H. Sedin
Chara
Selanne
Pavelski
Pomminville
Doughty
Smith
Halak
Holtby
Koivu
Marleu
Kipper
Boyle
PA Parenteau
Filpulla
Ennis
M Richards
Goligoski

This for me as well

bearcats
08-23-2012, 05:04 PM
nobody concerned about Smith not duplicating what he did last year (if the season starts)...

Raja
08-23-2012, 08:54 PM
Their D is better than last year. Scoring will be an issue even if they sign doan, but peripherals will be solid regardless.

jeffoule
08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
I'd be concerned personally, but I think PHO has a good system and a good D core with OEL, Yandle, etc. and now Rundblad

bearcats
08-24-2012, 09:10 AM
so I am leaning towards this

sedin
chara
doughtly
pavelski
marleau
pomminville
koivu
smith
kipper

and either boyle or halak.......mike richards is certainly going to be easier to redraft IMO than halak and likely boyle...thinking halak cause just how many more years is Kipper a Keeper?

Rocklobster
08-24-2012, 10:50 AM
yeah that sounds good. now that you have your goalies wrapped up you can focus on forwards. good luck

bearcats
08-24-2012, 01:27 PM
yeah that sounds good. now that you have your goalies wrapped up you can focus on forwards. good luck

yes that is another reason for it......keeping halak, smith, kipper, chara and doughty means that I can draft forwards for a long ways into the draft before I have to concern my self with a 3rd dman unless a studish guy is hanging around way too long....I was the champ last year so I have back to back picks all the way through the draft....I like that...