PDA

View Full Version : Keepers, trade offer and thoughts ...

jeffoule
08-16-2012, 08:27 AM
Hi guys!

I have received an offer for my St-Louis: his 5th round pick :/

That makes me think of my keepers that need to be submitted in about two weeks, because I don't think St-Louis will be a keeper... I have bolded in my team below my keepers from what I think.

KEEPER - 9 teams - ESPN Roto League (KEEP 7 + 1 rookie*)
G, A, Points, PPG, PPA, HITS ; GAA, SV%
3C : Stamkos, Kopitar, M.Richards, Desharnais
3LW : Ovechkin, Skinner, Ott, Filppula
3RW : Neal, St-Louis, Doan, Ryder, Vrbata, Reaves*
5D : Karlsson, Green, J.Johnson, Hamhuis, Ekman-Larsson, Gudbranson*, Hedman
2G : Rinne, Fleury, Schneider*

If I stick with these keepers that leaves these players off my team that are IMO keepers worthy:
- St-Louis
- Skinner
- Green
- M.Richards

My only concern with these keepers is that 3/8 of my keepers are goalies while I only have 2/8 goalies categories (SV% and GAA). Is Fleury worthy keepīng over either St-Louis or Skinner even if WINS is NOT a category? If yes, I might accept the 5th round pick offer or counter with a 3rd or something...

Thanks!!
JF

Raja
08-16-2012, 09:29 AM
Try to trade Fleury or dump him for Skinner if you can't. Wins is his strong point, gaa/sv% have been below average almost his entire career. I'd try for an earlier pick for St.Louis, he'll definitely go before the 5th round, but I guess I'd settle for it if I had to get something for him. I think Green/M. Richards will be much easier to redraft.

Rocklobster
08-16-2012, 09:36 AM
seems like you have a good problem to have. not keeping MSL is tough because he brings a lot of A's, points and ppa. If you traded him for a 5th rounder, what kind of guys are going to be available? I think I would try and get at least a 3rd for him and would settle for a 4th rounder.

IMO M.richards isn't keeper worthy and certainly redraftable. losing skinner hurts though as he is young and is only going to get better. the canes are looking pretty good after some trades.

I'm a huge pens fan but fleury's #'s aren't the greatest, sure he gets lots of wins but you don't count them. with the low amount of goalie cats I think I would cut him and add either MSL or Skinner, depending on what kind of draft pick you can get. Hopefully you can get a decent goalie in the first few rounds. MSL is getting close to the end of his career, how long can he keep producing? I think I'd keep skinner cut fleury and try and get a 3rd or 4th rounder for MSL.

Stamkos
OV
Kopitar
Neal
Karlsson
Rinne
Schneider*
Skinner

alias
08-16-2012, 01:24 PM
cut fleury, add skinner, try to trade MSL and take whatever you can get otherwise you'll lose him for nothing.

jeffoule
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Humm ... interesting: Skinner > MSL > Fleury in my system. I'll look around what I can do trade wise and let you know once I get some answers... Thanks!

alias
08-17-2012, 07:23 PM
Humm ... interesting: Skinner > MSL > Fleury in my system. I'll look around what I can do trade wise and let you know once I get some answers... Thanks!

not when you dont count wins and when MSL is 37 years old in a keeper. Skinner has much more long term value.