PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Trade

Winger72
07-27-2012, 08:43 PM
I'm in a 14 team Dynasty, H2H league and another owner is asking what I would want for my QB Locker (Ten). I need RB help and I already have Schaub and Cutler, so Locker is expendable for the right price.

The other owner's RBs are Foster (Hou), Best (Det), Redman (Pit), Bush (Mia), LeShoure (Det), Mendenhall (Pit), and Tate (Hou).

I'm thinking of asking for his 2012 1st Rd Pick (1:14) and one of his RBs, but I'm not sure which RB. Foster is obviously out of the question, so who should I ask for of the remaining?

FlyGuy78
07-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Locker is not even the starting QB! If he gives you his 1st round pick and a RB take it and run as fast as you can. The most I would give you would be Tate, Bush, or Redman and a low pick like round 9-10 or I would give you just a pick at around Round 6-7. Locker is not worth that much IMO.

rico3994
07-29-2012, 09:02 PM
Agreed. If I were him I would not deal most of those RBs for Locker. Forget the fact that Locker is unproven and not guaranteed to be the starter, but he has the RB situation of Hou, Pit, Det all but locked up. If you can get Bush, or either Detroit's or Pit's tandem I would call it a huge win.

King_Killah
08-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Dynasty league........ I wouldn't count Locker out. As you all know, I shitted on hASSelbeck when he was with Seattle, and I continue to shit on him today. I would give Hasselbeck about half the season, before we start seeing Locker on a more regular basis. Unless, there is an injury then we can see him sooner OR if for some reason Tennessee starts to blow up. I am still a believer in Kenny Britt. I think he can be healthy and stay out of trouble. Huge weapon for Locker. That tandem can be huge in a DYNASTY setting. So, I would push for a bigger deal. Arian Foster is out of the question. I would look at trying to snag his back-up though. See if you can break up his squad. I would start at that... go for the pick and Tate. If he says no, you have wiggle room and can come down a little bit.

King_Killah
08-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Locker is not even the starting QB! If he gives you his 1st round pick and a RB take it and run as fast as you can. The most I would give you would be Tate, Bush, or Redman and a low pick like round 9-10 or I would give you just a pick at around Round 6-7. Locker is not worth that much IMO.

Fly......doesn't matter if Locker is the starting QB or not now. We are talking a dynasty set up. This ups Locker's value because he can have a solid NFL career in the right setting. I am not saying Locker will amount to anything much this season, but its not just this season that has to be taken into consideration.

FlyGuy78
08-04-2012, 04:23 PM
Fly......doesn't matter if Locker is the starting QB or not now. We are talking a dynasty set up. This ups Locker's value because he can have a solid NFL career in the right setting. I am not saying Locker will amount to anything much this season, but its not just this season that has to be taken into consideration.

Like I said though, he's not worth a 1st round pick plus a back. If that gives him that much take the deal and run, but just know you're playing with noobs!

King_Killah
08-04-2012, 08:21 PM
Like I said though, he's not worth a 1st round pick plus a back. If that gives him that much take the deal and run, but just know you're playing with noobs!

You don't know what the other guy's squad looks like. He may be hurting for a QB. He may have QBs on their last legs and needs something for the future. I can see giving up a 1st round pick. Being that its a dynasty set up, the only picks are entering NFLers, rookies. He'd be getting the 14th overall pick. How many QBs or skill position guys go in an NFL 1st round? He won't get Foster. I can see him getting that pick plus one of those other guys in the format his league is. If it were a standard keeper league, then no. But in a dynasty, it could happen. One of the two dynasty leagues I am in had Locker move. It was Locker and a 5th round pick (we only draft 5 rounds - most of the 5th rounders end up getting cut) for a 2nd and Mike Goodson (which equates to the 13th overall pick plus a back). The dude gaining Locker has Peyton Manning and Matt Flynn as his QBs. The dude gaining Goodson has McFadden and wanted the handcuff.

Doctego
08-05-2012, 01:05 AM
This is where I refuse to get a hardon for a player just because of his age. I didn't love Locker as an NFL prospect coming in and nothing has changed that for me. I wouldn't trade for him in any format because I'm confident that similar talent can be had quite readily.

Winger72
08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
The other owner was looking for QB depth. Beyond his starter Brees, he has Garrard and Gabbert. By the time we talked he had already traded away his 1st Rd pick (Rookie Draft) and Bush, so he wanted to keep his remaining RBs and only had 1 draft pick left that he needed.

Since the first post generate so much discussion, here's another offer that I just received (same league, different owner).

I would trade RB F. Jackson for WR Britt, RB P. Thomas, and WR Hartline.

I'm struggling to decide if Britt is worth the trouble, especially as I would lose one of my starting RBs. I have the RB depth, Hillman and Turbin, but I'm not sure if their ready to be everyday starters for me yet. I'm leaning towards no because what I'd lose isn't worth what I'd be getting. Thoughts?

My Offense :

QB - Matt Schaub (Hou - QB)
WR - Percy Harvin (Min - WR)
WR - Sidney Rice (Sea - WR)
WR - Reggie Wayne (Ind - WR)
RB - Fred Jackson (Buf - RB)
RB - Michael Turner (Atl - RB)
TE - Vernon Davis (SF - TE)
W/R/T - Mario Manningham (SF - WR)
BN - Cedric Benson (? - RB) NA
BN - Jay Cutler (Chi - QB)
BN - Jacquizz Rodgers (Atl - RB)
BN - Jake Locker (Ten - QB)
BN - Leon Washington (Sea - RB)
BN - Ronnie Hillman (Den - RB)
BN - Robert Turbin (Sea - RB)
BN - Marvin McNutt (Phi - WR)

rico3994
08-10-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't think you can do that deal...you just don't have the RB depth. Britt still might be suspended (unless the decision just happened) and even if he isn't, if you did this deal you would be benching a viable WR and you would have to start a backup RB. Don't see the reason to take this deal.