PDA

View Full Version : Keepers

Dubz
07-13-2012, 10:32 AM
Alright we keep 5. Dez are Romo are in. That leaves 3 slots. Thanks for your opinions in advance.

WR

Dez
Crabtree

RB

BGE
Hillis
Mendenhall
Moreno
Jacobs

QB

Romo

FlyGuy78
07-14-2012, 02:30 AM
I wouldn't keep anyone other than Dez and Romo. BGE maybe only since he will most likely be the starter, but I never liked the guy. Crabtree has more competition now with Moss and Manningham. Hillis very well could be the backup in KC with Charles back this season. Mendenhall might start the season on the PUP list. Moreno is now backing up McGahee in DEN. Jacobs I might keep also only because I think Gore's best days are behind him.

If I had to choose 5, I would say Dez, Romo, BGE, Jacobs, and Hillis/Crabtree depending on the settings of the league. That's some shitty ass keepers though.

King_Killah
07-14-2012, 09:50 AM
Without question I'd keep Brandon Jacobs of the bunch. He has a newly found motivation. I think he is going to fit in well in San Fran. Also remember that he will now face the likes of Arizona, Seattle, and St. Louis twice.....so that's at least six weeks of what should be solid output/production as his divisional opponents dont possess the best of defenses - not saying they're bad, just saying... That said, he does open with three straight NFC north games, two on the road which could be rough, but as Fly said... Gore's best days are behind him. By season's end, I expect Jacobs to see more touches, at least 50-50 with Gore due to various reasons, i.e. production, injury, etc.

As far as two more keeps.....I'd probably go Green-Ellis and.... I liked Hillis. I bought into the Hillis hype, but he turned out to be a bitch. Sure blame injury. He was a bitch. He is definitely behind Jamaal Charles and if Charles stays healthy, Hillis isn't going to see alot of touches. Possibly the goal line stuff, but with Charles's explosiveness, he may just run it in from 15-20 yards out each time. I liked Moreno, too...a lot, as you might recall from past seasons. But he is too much of a injury concern and he is behind McGahee who is a horse. The one benefit that Moreno can have is that teams are going to focus on Peyton Manning, so the run game in Denver (which is always solid) will produce even more. I just see enough there right now to keep him. You will definitely have a shot to re-draft him. Crabtree. He is another guy that I liked coming out of college, just haven't really seen his game translate to the NFL. Now he has Moss and Manningham. He might benefit if Moss still has the "it factor" and draws attention, but I don't buy that right now. Leaving Mendenhall. At this point, I haven't seen anything to believe that he won't be there, starting week 1. Everything that I have read on/about Mendenhall is that his knee injury has recovered nicely and that he looks to be in great shape. Not sure when your keeps are due in, but if you have some time, I'd hang on and watch the Mendenhall status. He is supposed to be evaluated by team and team doctors in the coming week or so. So to recap.... Dez, Romo, Jacobs, Green-Ellis with the last spot occupied by Mendenhall or Crabtree.

Dubz
07-14-2012, 06:23 PM
Yeah ive never had a good draft in this league. Im leaning towards Romo, Dez, Hillis, Moreno and BGE but maybe i should swap one for Jacobs? I guess Mendenhall is a definite no show.

Dubz
07-14-2012, 06:31 PM
I wouldn't keep anyone other than Dez and Romo. BGE maybe only since he will most likely be the starter, but I never liked the guy. Crabtree has more competition now with Moss and Manningham. Hillis very well could be the backup in KC with Charles back this season. Mendenhall might start the season on the PUP list. Moreno is now backing up McGahee in DEN. Jacobs I might keep also only because I think Gore's best days are behind him.

If I had to choose 5, I would say Dez, Romo, BGE, Jacobs, and Hillis/Crabtree depending on the settings of the league. That's some shitty ass keepers though.

Thanks Fly your the one that hosed me with mendenhall :p Thats ok i have your first 2 picks ;)

FlyGuy78
07-14-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks Fly your the one that hosed me with mendenhall :p Thats ok i have your first 2 picks ;)

Right I forgot....I traded you Mendy, a 1st and 2nd for S.Smith, R.Helu, a 3rd and last round pick.

Dubz
08-05-2012, 05:31 PM
Soo my team has been tweaked via trades. Heres who i have now:

Vincent Jackson
Micheal Crabtree
Reggie Wayne
Dez Bryant
Santonio Holmes
Titus Young

BGE
Rashard Mendenfumble
Roy Helu
Knowshon Moreno
Brandon Jacobs

Peyton Manning

So i have 5 keepers highlighted. Should i make any changes?