PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty Team Feedback

Winger72
07-04-2012, 09:42 PM
Just took over a team in an existing dynasty league and I'm looking for some feedback on the roster.

League is 12 teams, H2H, and the stats are G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, W, GAA, SV%, and SHO. There's also a farm team of up to 10 players who've played in less than 82 regular season games. Roster and draft picks are below.

Active Roster
1. Evgeni Malkin
2. Steve Ott
3. Patrick Marleau
4. Logan Couture
5. Alexander Semin
6. Wayne Simmonds
7. Dan Boyle
8. Dennis Seidenberg
9. Nicklas Lidstrom - Retired
10. Zdeno Chara
11. Jamie Benn
12. Patrick Kane
13. Joffrey Lupul
14. Brad Boyes
15. Marc-Andre Bergeron
16. Brian Elliot
17. Tomas Vokoun
18. Corey Crawford
19. Chris Pronger

Farm
1. Eddie Lack
2. Gustav Nyquist
3. Samu Perhonen
4. Jonathon Blum
5. Evgeny Grachev
6. Andrei Loktionov

Draft picks
Round 1-#3
Round 2-#15, #23
Round 3-#27
Round 4-#39
Round 5-#51

alias
07-04-2012, 11:17 PM
pretty good roster for a 12 teamer. goaltending & prospects are where I'd look to improve first.

Doctego
07-05-2012, 05:55 AM
That team is pretty damn stacked for a 12 teamer. Your biggest problem is that you could lose 3 quality players at 1 time in Lidstrom, Pronger, and Semin. That said, your remaining D would still be decent. I would focus on improving your goaltending.

Winger72
08-01-2012, 12:15 AM
Just got offered picks #11 (first round), #26 (third round), #38 (fourth round) and G Gustavsson (Det) for my #3 (first round pick). The other owner also has picks #1 and #2 in the first round. I wanted to get a second opinion before I decided, but I'm thinking of saying no.

Gustavsson would be another backup goalie, and I'm not sure how much he would play behind Howard barring injury. I already have a backup behind a strong starter in Vokoun, so I'm not sure I want another. If Vancouver trades a goalie, Eddie Lack would be promoted from my farm team to my regular. While he would be playing for Detroit, I don't think Gustavsson would help me enough to warrant giving up on a top prospect at the #3 pick.

Am I wrong to turn this down? Did I miss something?

jeffoule
08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
There is usually a huge gap from #3 to #11, but it depends on what will be available. Only new rookies or good proven talent also?

At first sight I would not do it.

Raja
08-01-2012, 09:57 AM
I wouldn't move that far down while only getting picks and no worthwhile players either. I think Gustavsson will have a solid season and start around 20, but not close to the gap between 3 and 11.

Winger72
08-01-2012, 12:21 PM
Pretty much what I was thinking, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't short changing myself. The draft is for anyone who is available but there really isn't any NHL proven talent available. It's mostly players who were just drafted or are playing in one of the minor leagues. I'm thinking of taking Alex Galchenyuk or Ryan Murray.

Are there any sites that give an in-depth look at players in the minors? I'm trying to learn more about my farm team and all I can find are quick notes if anything.

Dubz
08-01-2012, 12:41 PM
hockeysfuture for prospects but a google search may net more in depth info especially on euros and the goalie site for depth charts

Winger72
08-19-2012, 01:23 PM
I keep flipping back and forth on who take with my 1st pick (#3 overall)... I'm looking at D Ryan Murray (CBJ) or LW/RW Filip Forsberg (Was). I had considered C Mikhail Grigorenko (Buf), but I already have enough centers.

Murray seems ready to play now and would provide D depth, but Forsberg is a interesting prospect and I don't have a lot of depth for my wings on my farm team.

Who should I grab, the NHL ready D-man or the prospect winger?

alias
08-19-2012, 07:28 PM
I keep flipping back and forth on who take with my 1st pick (#3 overall)... I'm looking at D Ryan Murray (CBJ) or LW/RW Filip Forsberg (Was). I had considered C Mikhail Grigorenko (Buf), but I already have enough centers.

Murray seems ready to play now and would provide D depth, but Forsberg is a interesting prospect and I don't have a lot of depth for my wings on my farm team.

Who should I grab, the NHL ready D-man or the prospect winger?

my ranking would go

grigorenko
forsberg
murray

Raja
08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
can't go wrong with either grigorenko or forsberg, but i'd go with grig. don't draft murray. he's top of the list in terms of defense/nhl readiness, but i'd put him at least past rielly and dumba in terms of offense, maybe past a couple others too.

Winger72
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
Grigorenko it is. Thanks guys.

jeffoule
08-23-2012, 08:18 AM
I also prefer Grigo to Forsberg