PDA

View Full Version : KK's League 2

King_Killah
06-24-2012, 10:32 AM
Just as in League 1, its time to start get rollin' on getting the league together. In this league, we have 10 of the 12 teams already confirmed coming back.

Here is where we are as of now:

Rico - in
Boredguys - in
O/6 Bleacher Dogs - in
King Killah - in
Steel Banditos - in
Buckeye - in
Raider Nation - in
mkmayers - in
Twilight Zone - in
suckerpuncher - in
Bonger - in
Redneck - in

I'll give a few more days for the missing fellas to hop in or not then, I'll open it to first come, first served. Keeper league. No values. I'll post the open teams/rosters in a few days. Keeper date is set but tentative, can be adjsuted. The only other obstacle we'll need to discuss/vote on is keeping it offline or moving it to live. I know with all the time differences (as in League 1) we have fans and haters of the offline. I am setting up a remedy for the moments where the offline drags and slows up due to missed picks or just taking a lot of time to get picks in due to work, summer vacations, etc. ...and as I have admitted in League 1, I am a culprit of slow picks at times as well. I do believe my remedy will combat the slow periods and will keep the draft flowing.

So first up... the return of Snipes and Kibbles? Then filling the void.

Buckeye
06-27-2012, 10:41 AM
How many keepers are we allowed?

FlyGuy78
06-27-2012, 07:13 PM
Must keep 5!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
06-28-2012, 10:58 PM
I'm interested in snatching up a team if you have any managers who don't come back, let me know!

FlyGuy78
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
We need to get this league rollin' especially if we are doing an offline draft.

King_Killah
07-10-2012, 06:13 PM
We're almost there. Patience my friend, patience... I am getting antsy myself though!

Dubz
07-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I need picks and players. Just in case anybody wants to give some up. Thanks

b_illin
07-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Is anybody (else) interested in doing an online draft this year?

FlyGuy78
07-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Is anybody (else) interested in doing an online draft this year?

I would not be against an online draft. The only problem we ever had with that is getting a date and time that most people could be there. I think a Sunday night would be the best time.

suckerpuncher
07-11-2012, 01:25 PM
If the time is right I'm down with an online draft.

Dubz
07-11-2012, 11:06 PM
I prefer offline but wont care all that much as long as i can make the live draft.

King_Killah
07-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Alright, alright....... Welcome Sponge Bong to League 2! The Bonger will be taking over Snipes team.

King_Killah
07-12-2012, 05:51 PM
One remaining team open to first come, first served.

Keeper league...
5 keepers

12 teamer

IDPs

.....any other ?'s please ask!

redneck hockey fan
07-14-2012, 10:56 AM
I'll take it

One remaining team open to first come, first served.

Keeper league...
5 keepers

12 teamer

IDPs

.....any other ?'s please ask!

King_Killah
07-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Redneck the final spot is yours. Just PM me your email address so I can get that Yahoo invite over.

King_Killah
07-15-2012, 10:40 AM
Once Redneck is officially in the league....... I'll ask for keepers. Of course if you have them already, you should be able to submit them in the league or you can PM me here or submit them to the Yahoo Groups page. Bonger, I'll send you the Groups page info.

FlyGuy78
07-16-2012, 02:37 PM
I have Peyton Manning, Roy Helu, and Reggie Wayne available to trade as keepers for picks. Let me know if you are interested.

King_Killah
07-18-2012, 04:59 PM
I have keepers date still set for July 31st. If we can get those in before then, we'll have a better idea of when to take care of the draft. For this league, I am still opting for online. I will try to accommodate as many as possible. I understand, we have east coast, west coast, and overseas all to take into consideration. I'll shoot for a weekend if I can.

FlyGuy78
07-20-2012, 02:16 PM
Dubz (Twilight) and I made a trade:

Twilight gets Wayne, Manning, Helu, his 3rd round pick back and my 8th round pick.

I get his 2nd (his 2nd round pick, not mine back from last year trade), 7th and 9th round picks.

Dubz
07-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks Fly

FlyGuy78
07-20-2012, 03:24 PM
Thanks Fly

Thanks for making it painless :)

So at the end of it all (trade from last and this trade) the picks are as follows:

Twilight gets Flyguys - 1st, 2nd, and 8th (while retaining his 3rd)
Flyguy gets Twilights - 2nd, 7th, 9th, and last round (not sure the number)

b_illin
07-20-2012, 04:47 PM
Why are we submitting keepers so early. Can we not pick a date a week before the draft (which I assume will be in late August?

(i also have extra keeper types available...will list when I get the chance)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
07-21-2012, 12:12 AM
Looking to upgrade my RB position so if anyone is willing to talk trades let me know. Took over snipes old team and looks like I got some work to do!

b_illin
07-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I have RB's - reggie bush, demarco murray, shonn greene

b_illin
07-25-2012, 11:19 AM
Ok, so I figure my 5 keepers (if I had to choose right now), 4 of them would be:

Gronk
AP
Stafford
Megatron

Then I have a slew of options for the 5th keeper. So, clearly if I can upgrade on one of these guys and/or acquire some picks, I'm game.

These guys are:

Shonn Greene
Reggie Bush
Brandon Marshall
DeMarco Murray
Hakeem Nicks

I'm not sure if the 31st is the deadline or not (again, why so early?), but PM me if you're interested in any of these guys that I listed as available.

King_Killah
07-25-2012, 05:56 PM
Nope.....can't do it as is. (if we do it online) Yahoo won't allow it.... Every team needs the same number of draft picks, so while Dubz is sending three picks, he's only receiving two even though he is getting a slew of players.

Now if we do this thing offline, which I am actually trying to avoid do to time constraints and my availability schedule to update everything in a timely manner (Unless someone is volunteering to help)....... But if we do this thing offline, then I can let that trade go through as is and then adjustments will be made at the end of the draft before teams are loaded in case someone has too many players.

King_Killah
07-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Why are we submitting keepers so early. Can we not pick a date a week before the draft (which I assume will be in late August?

(i also have extra keeper types available...will list when I get the chance)

Keeper date is based on having to do the draft offline... Have we voted to make this thing online? Officially? I know we've talked about it.

FlyGuy78
07-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Nope.....can't do it as is. (if we do it online) Yahoo won't allow it.... Every team needs the same number of draft picks, so while Dubz is sending three picks, he's only receiving two even though he is getting a slew of players.

Now if we do this thing offline, which I am actually trying to avoid do to time constraints and my availability schedule to update everything in a timely manner (Unless someone is volunteering to help)....... But if we do this thing offline, then I can let that trade go through as is and then adjustments will be made at the end of the draft before teams are loaded in case someone has too many players.

The trade can still happen. If we do an online draft, we will just draft the player that the other one wants. So for example, when my 1st round pick comes up, since I traded that to Dubz last year, he will post in the chat box who I should select. We will do the same for all traded picks. When the draft is over we will trade the players to each other. Easy as that. No reason to cancel the trade.

b_illin
07-26-2012, 09:05 AM
Only one person replied for offline...everyone else voted online

Dubz
07-26-2012, 01:49 PM
The trade can still happen. If we do an online draft, we will just draft the player that the other one wants. So for example, when my 1st round pick comes up, since I traded that to Dubz last year, he will post in the chat box who I should select. We will do the same for all traded picks. When the draft is over we will trade the players to each other. Easy as that. No reason to cancel the trade.

You can appointed/trade draft picks in a draft as long as each team has the same # of picks in order to draft a complete roster. Wheres Sucker....that guy knows everything about Y! LOL.

Anyways Ive got a few guys id like to trade for a pick upgrade as well. Im not sure what QB to roll with and ill listen to offers on both. I also am not sure what other guys ill be keeping so dont be afraid to lowball me!!! I need to gamble with this roster;)

Micheal Crabtree
Reggie Wayne
Dez Bryant
Santonio Holmes
Titus Young

BGE
Peyton Hillis
Rashard Mendenfumble
Roy Helu
Knowshon Moreno
Brandon Jacobs

Tony Romo
Peyton Manning

rico3994
07-26-2012, 04:29 PM
Use doodle.com to figure out the best draft date for everyone. Its used a bunch for online drafts for HI leagues and it works great.

As for the above trade, just throw one guy's last round draft pick to the other guy. It should work out fine then since everyone will have the same number of players after the draft. I also had to do this for the baseball league.

Dubz
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Thanks for making it painless :)

So at the end of it all (trade from last and this trade) the picks are as follows:

Twilight gets Flyguys - 1st, 2nd, and 8th (while retaining his 3rd)
Flyguy gets Twilights - 2nd, 7th, 9th, and last round (not sure the number)

I dont think you can have my last pick because it wont be even. If you insist ill have to draft that guy for you. Either way its cool....i just need to know.

FlyGuy78
07-27-2012, 03:31 PM
I dont think you can have my last pick because it wont be even. If you insist ill have to draft that guy for you. Either way its cool....i just need to know.

To make things easier you can have your last pick back.

rico3994
07-27-2012, 04:31 PM
I'll take it!

Dubz and I have a trade to announce:
I get Romo, Hillis and his last round pick
Dubz gets VJax and my 3rd round pick.

FlyGuy78
07-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I'll take it!

Dubz and I have a trade to announce:
I get Romo, Hillis and his last round pick
Dubz gets VJax and my 3rd round pick.

Wow Dubz you now have two 1st, two 2nd, and two 3rd round picks!! :)

Dubz
07-27-2012, 06:09 PM
To make things easier you can have your last pick back.

Wow Dubz you now have two 1st, two 2nd, and two 3rd round picks!! :)

You have my second rounder Fly....i have yours because you wanted to be one pick in front of me remember?!!:lol: And thanks for the last pick back....Rico can have it and an online draft is easily possible as all picks equal out.

I have My 1st, Flys 1st, Flys 2nd, My 3rd, Ricos 3rd, Flys 8th.

I lost my 2nd, 7th and 9th to Fly. And my last pick to Rico.

My updated roster (in case anyone wants to deal still):

Vincent Jackson
Micheal Crabtree
Reggie Wayne
Dez Bryant
Santonio Holmes
Titus Young

BGE
Rashard Mendenfumble
Roy Helu
Knowshon Moreno
Brandon Jacobs

Peyton Manning

King_Killah
07-27-2012, 06:30 PM
So............... All picks work out so each team is even... Cool. Draft date set for August 26th at 1pm. Its a Sunday. I know we have peeps from different areas. Keepers will be due on August 19th. You should be able to submit them right into Yahoo.

b_illin
07-28-2012, 11:59 AM
So............... All picks work out so each team is even... Cool. Draft date set for August 26th at 1pm. Its a Sunday. I know we have peeps from different areas. Keepers will be due on August 19th. You should be able to submit them right into Yahoo.

Awesome, thx KK

Dubz
07-28-2012, 12:44 PM
Draft time and date works for me.

rico3994
07-29-2012, 08:57 PM
I'm looking to deal one of Gates, Greg Jennings or Jordy Nelson. Anyone looking for a keeper?

b_illin
07-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Have had a couple offers/inquiries for the guys listed below. To give context, according to the yahoo rankings:

Shonn Greene - 22nd ranked RB
Reggie Bush - 18th ranked RB
Brandon Marshall - 8th ranked WR
DeMarco Murray - 11th ranked RB
Hakeem Nicks - 11th ranked WR

Clearly I have some top talent (Murray/Nicks/Marshall) and some very good talent (Bush/Greene).

I am open to dealing any of them and/or choosing one of them to keep. Who's interested?

Buckeye
08-02-2012, 10:40 AM
Submitted my keepers on Yahoo. I really like this new feature!

FlyGuy78
08-02-2012, 10:53 AM
My keepers are also set.

King Killah, you have to trade the players manually for us since it does not allow us to make trades yet so that traded players can be kept by other owners.

b_illin
08-02-2012, 11:01 AM
Why set your keepers so early? (or can you change them up til the deadline?)

Lots of time for wheeling and dealing folks!

FlyGuy78
08-02-2012, 12:15 PM
Why set your keepers so early? (or can you change them up til the deadline?)

Lots of time for wheeling and dealing folks!

You can change them up until the deadline. Also, some people might be done trading or don't wish to trade at all so you can set them now so you don't forget. Can always change them later if you have to.

jeffoule
08-06-2012, 01:51 PM
If you need a replacement GM, I am interested.

Thanks!

b_illin
08-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Have had a couple offers/inquiries for the guys listed below. To give context, according to the yahoo rankings:

Shonn Greene - 22nd ranked RB
Reggie Bush - 18th ranked RB
Brandon Marshall - 8th ranked WR
DeMarco Murray - 11th ranked RB
Hakeem Nicks - 11th ranked WR

Clearly I have some top talent (Murray/Nicks/Marshall) and some very good talent (Bush/Greene).

I am open to dealing any of them and/or choosing one of them to keep. Who's interested?

Getting close to last call...

rico3994
08-09-2012, 09:15 PM
KK, have you set the draft order? I'm drafting 11th for some reason and I finished 5th last year.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Okay B_illin & I have struck a deal;

I give my 3rd rounder and 5th rounder
Bill gives Hakeem Nicks and Reggie Bush.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-09-2012, 10:23 PM
Notable guys from my team who are now on the block

WR Dwayne Bowe
QB Michael Vick
TE Jermichael Finley
TE Aaron Hernandez

Looking for some draft picks in return. Willing to swing a 2 for 1 for an upgrade at QB or just get some draft picks in return. Send me a PM & let me know if there is any interest. I am pretty easy to bargain with.

b_illin
08-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Okay B_illin & I have struck a deal;

I give my 3rd rounder and 5th rounder
Bill gives Hakeem Nicks and Reggie Bush.

Confirmed (and I'll include my last two picks to make the draft work)

b_illin
08-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Still looking to deal guys, namely DeMarco Murray and/or Brandon Marshall. Bother are rated top-10 at their respective positions so a great chance to improve your keepers.

Dubz
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
Im sending B_illin the 3rd round pick i got from Rico for Brandon Marshall and his third last pick. Hopefully my WR kick some ass this year!!

On another note. Im willing to give up picks for a franchise RB. If you got one on your cut list, let me know.

b_illin
08-16-2012, 09:25 AM
^ confirmed.

Still have some players I can deal if anyone if interested.

King_Killah
08-19-2012, 08:17 AM
Alright........... So here is where we stand. At the moment, Yahoo is NOT allowing me to move the PLAYERS traded. I can adjust the keepers when keepers are submitted. If the players you traded for are being kept, double check the keepers you have selected, if you have them already selected, and then PM me with any changes. I went through all of the commissioner options that I could find and didn't see anything that would allow me to move Romo to Rico for example. That being said..... I rolled through all the trades that I have found between here and the league message board. This is what I have so far:

B_Illin(Steel Banditos) gets Rico's 3rd, Bonger's 3rd, Bonger's 5th

Dubz(Twilight Zone) gets Bandito's 19th, Fly's 1st, Fly's 2nd, Fly's 8th, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson

Bonger gets Hakeem Nicks, Reggie Bush

Fly gets Dubz 2nd, Dubz 7th, Dubz 9th

Rico gets Dubz 21st, Tony Romo, Peyton Hillis, KK's 3rd

KK gets Jordy Nelson, pick 21.8 (Rico's 2nd 21st round pick to balance out picks in Yahoo)

With these trades.....we come across a snag. I have been able to move the draft picks to where the need to be. The issue Yahoo is having is Bonger now has 19 picks while B_Illin has 23 picks. Yahoo is requiring every team to have equal picks. I moved the final two picks for B_Illin to Bonger to even it out. Is everyone is cool with that?

King_Killah
08-19-2012, 08:20 AM
As far as draft order goes........

King Killah
Victorious Secret
Redneck Hockey Fan
MKMayers
O/6
Raider Nation
Twilight Zone
Rico
Buckeye
BG
Suckerpuncher
Steel Banditos

I updated the draft order in the league with winner and runner-up taking the last and second to last spot then the remainder falls in order of standings.

King_Killah
08-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Keepers note...

I have keepers for the following:

5/5 for KK (barring last minute trade)
5/5 for Raider Nation
5/5 for Suckerpuncher
5/5 for O/6 Bleacher Dogs
5/5 for Buckeye
5/5 for Twilight Zone
5/5 for Rico
5/5 for Steel Banditos
0/5 for MKMayers
5/5 for Boredguys
0/5 for Victorious Secret
5/5 for Redneck Hockey Fan

Keepers are scheduled to be in today...... Again, I understand that some trades have been made. I am unable to move players from team to team, so you can post keepers here for traded players.

b_illin
08-19-2012, 10:40 AM
I should not be giving dubz a 3rd.

Bong gets bush, nicks and my last two picks and I get her 3rd + 5th picks.

Dubz get marshall and my third last pick and I get rico's 3rd from dubz.

rico3994
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
One more trade to announce

KK get Jordy Nelson and whatever my last pick is

Rico gets KK's 3rd round pick.

rico3994
08-19-2012, 11:16 AM
I'll keep Romo that I got in the deal with Dubz, but not Hillis. I'll use Yahoo to post the other 4 keepers

King_Killah
08-19-2012, 11:25 AM
One more trade to announce

KK get Jordy Nelson and whatever my last pick is

Rico gets KK's 3rd round pick.

I am in

King_Killah
08-19-2012, 11:26 AM
I should not be giving dubz a 3rd.

Bong gets bush, nicks and my last two picks and I get her 3rd + 5th picks.

Dubz get marshall and my third last pick and I get rico's 3rd from dubz.

than I assume that "my third last pick" is 3rd FROM last...making that a 19th round pick.

b_illin
08-19-2012, 11:31 AM
than I assume that "my third last pick" is 3rd FROM last...making that a 19th round pick.

That is corrrect. (you had written 'Dubz(Twilight Zone) gets Bandito's 3rd, Fly's 1st, Fly's 2nd, Fly's 8th, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson')

Also, I just tried to submit my keepers but yahoo will not allow. I will PM them to you shortly KK.

Buckeye
08-22-2012, 09:24 AM
Any chance we could push the draft to 2pm EDT?

Dubz
08-22-2012, 12:19 PM
any chnce we could push the draft to 12 noon? :D

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-26-2012, 06:25 PM
My dad was taken to the hosp this am so I missed the draft, sorry for the autopicks holding things up. My apologies. Dad is okay, bastard held me up over kidney stones, :hahano: Didn't really even have time to set my picks. What a shitty draft! Oh well. Here's to a fun season guys.

King_Killah
08-26-2012, 06:50 PM
My dad was taken to the hosp this am so I missed the draft, sorry for the autopicks holding things up. My apologies. Dad is okay, bastard held me up over kidney stones, :hahano: Didn't really even have time to set my picks. What a shitty draft! Oh well. Here's to a fun season guys.

Sorry to hear your pop was hospitalized, but I am glad he is doing OK! I had that scare once...my pop was rushed to the hospital for kidney stones. I was much younger. The autodraft actually didn't hold up the draft too much, 10 seconds. I think we'll both be in the "consolation" bracket....but that said, let those "stacked" teams "look ahead" and they'll pay!

b_illin
08-26-2012, 10:14 PM
Feel bad for him! (apparently it's incredibly painful!!)

I have lots of RB's/WR's + clark & palmer who I'd move (edit: I'd trade one of my LB/DB's too)