PDA

View Full Version : Round 1: Detroit (5) VS Nashville (4)

canuckthug
04-07-2012, 09:23 PM
This will be another interesting match-up. I think both of these teams have the ability to go deep in the playoffs but obviously only 1 team can advance. Will post schedule as soon as it comes available. Playoffs start April 11th.

Game 1: Detroit at Nashville
Game 2: Detroit at Nashville
Game 3: Nashville at Detroit
Game 4: Nashville at Detroit
*Game 5: Detroit at Nashville
*Game 6: Nashville at Detroit
*Game 7: Detroit at Nashville

*if necessary

Wednesday, April 11, 2012
8 p.m.
Detroit at Nashville
CNBC, CBC

Friday, April 13, 2012
7:30 p.m.
Detroit at Nashville
CNBC, CBC

Sunday, April 15, 2012
Noon
Nashville at Detroit
NBC, CBC

Tuesday, April 17, 2012
7:30 p.m.
Nashville at Detroit
NBC Sports Network, CBC

*Friday, April 20, 2012
8 p.m.
Detroit at Nashville
CNBC, CBC

*Sunday, April 22, 2012
TBD
Nashville at Detroit
TBD

*Tuesday, April 24, 2012
TBD
Detroit at Nashville
TBD

Kyle
04-08-2012, 02:26 AM
Hahaha, come on, on hockey informers of all places is the "if necessary," well, necessary? :lol:

Looking forward to this one. Whats the bet going to be? Nothing to do with avatars, God knows the first Avatar I use on this website won't be dedicated to you. ;) But have your way with user titles/signatures and whatever else you can think of.

canuckthug
04-08-2012, 03:09 AM
Avatar bet needs to happen (may have to compromise on the sig) + The loser of the bet buys a $20.00 PS3 gift card (or $50.00) and PM's the access code. We're both gamers and im sure we could find use for the extra $$ in the PS3 wallet. I think it will work and you can buy them at any Wal-Mart or Best Buy and this avoids any personal $$ exchange via paypal or such. We got till Wednesday to decide. Im not backing in anyway. Im fully confident in the Predators.

Kyle
04-08-2012, 02:26 PM
Sounds fine. If we're changing sigs and handing over 20 bucs, we don't need the avatar. 20 dollar PS3 card because I truly don't even know what I'd do with 50 bucs on downloadable games and DLC. We can bet 20 more on Wings whooping your Nucks later on ;)

If you want to do 50 I won't seem like that guy, so you make the call on that. I'd just prefer to put the extra 30 towards an actual cash bet over this series instead of forcing myself to buy 7 arcade games ;)

canuckthug
04-08-2012, 02:36 PM
Done and Done. $20.00 PS3 gift card and a sig of our choice.

Dubz
04-08-2012, 03:16 PM
keep that shit in the PMs guys:lol:

Kyle
04-08-2012, 03:23 PM
Haha, really, this isn't entertaining to you? Where the hells your spirit!? This is good times! I want every bet going down between members of this forum fully publicized for our viewing pleasure

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
This series and Philly Pitt series all we care about? Lol. No love for the other series yet. I will take Nashville in this one but only for the sake of some new blood going deep. It won't surprise me at all to see the Wings take this one

Snipes16
04-08-2012, 10:30 PM
No conviction on the winner of this one other than a likely 7 game series..

Gun to the head says Rinne over Howard if I had to choose.

Roy Hinske
04-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Close one I think but Rhinne steals it for the Preds.

chgorman
04-09-2012, 08:13 AM
I have confidence that the Wings can win this series despite not having home ice adv, but they're really going to have to take it to the next level and step it up a notch or two - especially on the road - in order to do so, as they haven't looked great the past few weeks. Gonna hafta hit more, improve on the PK and PP, and have to at least match - if not surpass - NSH's level of intensity in all areas.

Should be a GREAT series, regardless of how it turns out! I'll say Wings take the series in game 6 at the Joe, but I could definitely see this one going 7 and I don't like DET's chances in a game 7 on the road, at least based on how poorly they've played on the road in big gms this season.

phaneuf6
04-09-2012, 11:37 AM
I like Nashville here. I think Radulov puts them over the top.

keyboard
04-09-2012, 12:06 PM
Haha, really, this isn't entertaining to you? Where the hells your spirit!? This is good times! I want every bet going down between members of this forum fully publicized for our viewing pleasure
It would have been entertaining if anything meaningful was on the line. $20? Signature rights? Boring. You should of wagered posting rights, loser doesn't get to post on the forum for the duration of the playoffs. Now that's funny.

keyboard
04-09-2012, 03:43 PM
NSH open as -120 favourites, DET as +109 underdogs. I might have to put some money on DET, I think too much is being made of NSH's home ice advantage. It's NSH, country music isn't going to bother a team like DET with so much playoff experience.

Kyle
04-09-2012, 05:21 PM
I think Detroits record this year is more an enigma than an indication of how well they really play on the road. We've always been a strong road team. Expecting it to improve come playoff time.

20 dollars on some silly forum nonsense that spawned over an argument is plenty more than what most people should've hoped for... What did Fly bet over, an avatar? yawn!

pjm
04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Eh I hate to say it but I think DET will take this one. Would love to see a NSH series win, though.

Dubz
04-10-2012, 12:27 AM
DET will win handily. Ill give Nashville and that puke Radulov a couple games because Rinne will steal them. Wings in 6.

Kyle fwiw Flyguy and i have had the same bet going for yars. Its not an argumentive thing. Its a friendly/gentlemenly thing. Hes a fan of the shittiest team in the league and im a fan of the second shittiest team in the league. Nobody ever really wins. LOL

Kyle
04-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Wow, of course the Wings are the most dominant 5 on 5 team in the league so we'll take four penalties and hand out a fucking 5-3 in the 1st period. Let the boys fuckin play ref

keyboard
04-11-2012, 08:13 PM
A couple of bad calls but 3 of them were legit. DET looks fukking awful out there. Unfortunate goal they gave up but the team as a whole looks slow and confused. Their PP is going to cost them huge if it doesn't change fast.

Kyle
04-11-2012, 08:51 PM
Nashville hasn't looked any better through two periods, at all really. Their second goal was as fluky as it possibly gets in the NHL. Both teams are far far off their paces through 40, its simply been a bad game that keeps getting broken up and interrupted by penalties. Its anyone's to grab in the 3rd

Edit - Both goalies have been awesome

keyboard
04-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Funny I mention how bad their PP looks and both goals come on it. In trying to score on the empty net NSH foolishly ices the puck when they didn`t need to. Let's see if it bites them in the ass.

Kyle
04-11-2012, 09:42 PM
I like our first game on the road. Good chance we can take the next 1 and stealing a split on the road is pretty much the best any Wings fan could hope for anyway. Good game in the end, great third period.

keyboard
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
Am I the only one reminded about the NO fiasco when Weber punched Zetterberg in the back of the head with the game over? It's embarrassing the disrespect players have for each other. You don't punch a superstar like Zetterberg like that, you fucking goon.

thelaughingtree
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Ok - good game on both sides. Although Wings lost, they held in there alright for being on the road. I don't like the Weber cheap shot at the end on Zetterberg... That could have been really bad & is deserving of disciplinary action. As much as I am a Wings fan & would love to see Weber out for a few games, this is the playoffs & if I were Shanny, I'd hand Weber a hefty fine for that as opposed to suspension. (hoping for a suspension)

phaneuf6
04-11-2012, 09:47 PM
Love what Nashville did this game and especially at the end. I don't buy the disrespect thing, it's a 7 games series, they're just sending a message. Love it.

chgorman
04-11-2012, 10:00 PM
Love what Nashville did this game and especially at the end. I don't buy the disrespect thing, it's a 7 games series, they're just sending a message. Love it.

Can't believe you're endorsing those types of actions. That's not sending a message, that's intent to injure. Can't believe you endorse that. You sure don't have much respect for the game if that's the way you honestly feel.

TheMasterUnit
04-11-2012, 10:14 PM
weber is a dick. i'm sure all those fair weathers in nashville loved it. he'll regret awaking a sleeping giant.

thelaughingtree
04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
Weber aside, I'm a bit more concerned about Helm. Dang... He just got back.

keyboard
04-11-2012, 10:23 PM
That's retarded, man. Hockey is becoming a joke with all the injuries from cheap shots and you think it has nothing to do with respect? Give me a break.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Always been a fan of Weber but he just went down a notch in my respect book. I know emotions get the better of guys at times but there really is no place for this type of shit

Kyle
04-11-2012, 10:39 PM
Yeah, not gonna pile up a shit ton of nonsense, it was a shitty disrespectful move. Makes the Crosby, Malkin, Anahiem incidents of years past seem like childs play. I understand when emotions make you crosscheck someone or force them into a bit of a fight like the above have done but cheap shot punches are always bullshit.

boredguy
04-11-2012, 10:40 PM
If Weber had left it at a punch it's a cheap shot but not to big of a deal. Grabbing Zetterberg's head and slamming it into the boards should definitely be suspendable.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-11-2012, 10:41 PM
Yeah, not gonna pile up a shit ton of nonsense, it was a shitty disrespectful move. Makes the Crosby, Malkin, Anahiem incidents of years past seem like childs play.

I was thinking about those when I saw the Weber BS happen. I don't quite remember the entire Geno/Zetts incident in its entirety but I don't recall that it was this bad.

Kyle
04-11-2012, 10:59 PM
I was thinking about those when I saw the Weber BS happen. I don't quite remember the entire Geno/Zetts incident in its entirety but I don't recall that it was this bad.

Nah, wasn't even close. There was no chance any of that was ever going to be fined or suspended. Malkin was being a hothead and saw Zetterberg push his teammate and intentionally made too much of it but players do that all the time to force fights in the playoffs. Zetterberg is just such a small guy to drag around the ice and force to fight but it wasn't illegal or dirty, unlike this nonsense. "Driving someone's head" is a statement I haven't heard since the Bertuzzi incident. I'm not even comparing the incidents somewhat, just saying, its simply disgusting when someone knowingly grabs a head and forces it into any object in hockey. Zetterberg was very shaken up and had he had a concussion history you bet your ass that was the type of force that could aggravate it. Its just a stupid stupid play.

thelaughingtree
04-11-2012, 11:30 PM
"Driving someone's head" is a statement I haven't heard since the Bertuzzi incident.

I didn't want to compare the two either, but it is what came to my mind initially. Zetts is ok, but it could have been pretty bad. Every fight & cheap shot on any level all falls into the category of 'heat of the moment', so that can't be used as an excuse. Weber lost control.

Dubz
04-11-2012, 11:31 PM
Shit,,,havent seen the replay but i really like Weber.

fancy19
04-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Not impressed either, ref was right there watching too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyJB42HY_J0&feature=player_embedded

chgorman
04-12-2012, 08:01 AM
Glad I'm not the only one disgusted by phaneuf's comments. You stay classy phaneuf :rolleyes:

phaneuf6
04-12-2012, 09:27 AM
Glad I'm not the only one disgusted by phaneuf's comments. You stay classy phaneuf :rolleyes:

Oh gimme a break. I never said it was a clean play but it sends a message. Too bad Detroit doesn't have anyone to protect their stars and hold guys accountable, you wouldn't see this stuff happening then.

keyboard
04-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Oh gimme a break. I never said it was a clean play but it sends a message. Too bad Detroit doesn't have anyone to protect their stars and hold guys accountable, you wouldn't see this stuff happening then.
It's idiotic logic like what you're spewing that is ruining the game of hockey.

chgorman
04-12-2012, 11:07 AM
It's idiotic logic like what you're spewing that is ruining the game of hockey.

Agreed. DET shouldn't be required to hold the opposing players accountable, that's THE LEAGUE'S job, more specifically Shanny. This neanderthal, old skool attitude that the players should police each other and hold each other accountable is absolute BS, old fashioned, out of touch with reality and clearly doesn't work... not that the league is doing a much better job IMO, but that's beside the point.

The amount of disrespect shown between players in the league these days is sickening, and the fact that phaneuf supports this lack of respect among players is equally apalling.

keyboard
04-12-2012, 11:27 AM
I'm just surprised he's defending the actions since he's played hockey. I can't imagine if someone elbowed him in the head like Cooke on Savard that he'd be okay with it because he understands his teammates couldn't defend him so the guy had every right to hit him that way.

"What're you going to do about it?" is playground bullying, not something you'd expect in professional sports as legitimate reasoning to cheap shots.

But like I said earlier I'm really wondering if what we heard recorded in that NO dressing room about "targeting the head" isn't happening everywhere.

Kyle
04-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Wow Phaneuf, I even wanted to say "disgusted" is a bit much from Chg, but you wen't and justified him word for word in your response.

There is absolutely no place on a hockey team for a retaliatory fighter. No one has to drop the glove anymore. You don't avoid this dangerous play out of "fear of fighting." You can always avoid a fight in this league and if a guy insists too much he removes himself from the game and takes a penalty. Its not the reason you avoid this. Penguins cheap shot Brier at the end of the game - What do Flyers do? Zero, zilch. Its not the way the NHL works anymore. No more Darren McCarty to Kris Draper's rescue, the NHL wants absolutely nothing to do with a repeat of any of that bullshit regardless how much we liked it.

We know you're a hockey purist but don't be a fool. Get with the times. Welcome to the NHL in 2012. Zetterberg's head getting smashed was going to be done when he engaged Weber along the boards, irrelevant of anybody on the Wing's roster. You do realize that you clearly stated your thoughts here are "Its the Red Wing's fault Weber smashed Zetterberg's head, if they put a retaliatory bruiser on their roster it wouldn't have happened." Like it or not, thats the exact thought you just shared and it rivals the dumbest stated in this website's history. Come on now...

I agree, it does send a message, that Weber is a cowardly little pussyshit who can't send a real message the proper way, with a clean hit within the context of the game (The only violence the NHL wants to see in its sport, not this Weber bullshit). But thats okay, we have the league's greatest source of proper, legal, clean "messages" in Nicklas Kronwall and I hope he sneaks in a few leaps off of his feet and smashes some Predators this round. Weber's lucky hes not a right wing, whoever is on Nashville better keep their heads up skating past their blue line!

You said "I said it sent a message, not that it was clean." But earlier you said "I love what Weber did here," how can you acknowledge an illegal head smash into the boards and precede it with "I love what this guy did here." I know you're borderline heartless in your approach to this sport (I see you take the "Youre being too sensitive, its not a big deal" approach basically every single time an incident like this occurs) and want those playing it to be the men they're supposed to be, but you can't turn it into a fucking streetfight.

Kyle
04-12-2012, 11:35 AM
To get back to hockey, as solid as Jimmy Howard was, Pikke Rinne lives up to the hype and clearly steals this game for the Preds. But, blatantly outplaying them on the road in game 1 was nearly a best-case scenario for us, and if we can steal a split on the road we become overwhelming favorites going into the final 5 games just having to win 3 at home. Our penalty kill was phenomenal and our powerplay was buzzing, and the special teams advantage was Nashville's only real ace in the hole this series (Best special teams in Nashville vs best 5 on 5 team in Detroit). If Detroit stays on par with special teams (Or better like in game 1, optimistically) Nashville simply doesn't have the 12 forwards to stay on par with 5 on 5 play. Howard also played great and shouldn't let those two lucky goals phase him.

Losing Darren Helm so early was a fucking killer too. Hopefully it was just a bad cut that'll be fine by next game.

I guess I'm as confident as a fan could be looking at a 0-1 deficit. The Wings had to travel expecting to fly home 1-1 best case and now they have that chance, with the knowledge that they can outplay these guys on the road. Is it friday yet?

fancy19
04-12-2012, 11:50 AM
I really hope Kronwall flattens some of those guys too haha

Spartan
04-12-2012, 11:58 AM
Weber fined $2500.

chgorman
04-12-2012, 11:59 AM
Helm out for the rest of the playoffs.

$2500 fine for Weber, no suspension. Reasoning was Zetts wasn't hurt, so no suspension :rolleyes:. What an epic fail by the NHL. This would've been the perfect opportunity to set an example for the rest of the playoffs and get this kind of gutless BS out of the game, and they failed miserably. Fuck Shanny, Fuck the NHL, Fuck Weber. So pissed right now...

fancy19
04-12-2012, 12:02 PM
thats bull

Kyle
04-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Eh, its shitty, but it could be worse.

"This play and the fine that addressed it will be significant factors in assessing any incidents involving Shea Weber throughout the remainder of the playoffs."

At least they're making it clear that anything he does from here is a "second" offense and should get him suspended. This was an easy suspension in the regular season though, for sure.

canuckthug
04-12-2012, 12:28 PM
But thats okay, we have the league's greatest source of proper, legal, clean "messages" in Nicklas Kronwall and I hope he sneaks in a few leaps off of his feet and smashes some Predators this round.

The leagues greatest source of clean??! :eek::lol: Nope, no homerism here!! You've clearly contradicted yourself and as much as you like seeing Kronwall's unorthodox hitting style, he does leave his feet just prior to the hit which is illegal.

Kyle
04-12-2012, 12:34 PM
Your broken reading comprehension doesn't make a good point, it just makes you look dumb.

I didn't say Kronwall leaves his feet. I said I hope he does because its the time of the year that kind of dirty stuff is excused and I want to see the Predators hurting over this nonsense. Rather obvious where I was going with that. I'm not here to take some high road, I would like the Predators subjected to the same danger they're inflicting upon the Wings if the league is going to look the other way and only slap on a 2,500 dollar fine. They deemed Webber simply retaliated a bit harsh so I'd like to see Kronwall get harsh too. Simple.

Kronwall has never been suspended. I don't believe hes ever even been fined in 50+ incidents of these exact same hits (Not that 1 fine would prove anything, it would take numerous to make a point but if he hasn't been fined even one time that makes a MUCH stronger point).

Sorry, but at this point calling Kronwall an illegal, dirty hitter falls under the category of "You're factually wrong, totally misguided, and as a matter of fact don't understand the rules of legal hitting in hockey."

Leaving your feet on the follow through of a hit = Totally legal. This is what Kronwall does and has always done. Sorry, he is by far the leagues best, hardest, clean hitter. Go worry about the characteristically classless assholes on the Canucks who already likely tagged the dirtiest play of the post season with that head shot by Bitz.

No homerism at all, if someone has thrown better clean legal hits more than Kronwall the last 3-5 years, please start showing me and establish why I'm a homer for saying he is the league's top checker.

canuckthug
04-12-2012, 12:42 PM
Im never said hes the dirtiest player in the game. Get a grip. All i said is, he often leaves his feet on those big hits, which isn't clean and you said they were clean. This is from a few years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCMSqYLeILs&feature=related

Kyle
04-12-2012, 01:08 PM
Oh please, you're being a fucking clown if you think that proves something! A few years ago, huh? Sorry, my memory is limited to only his last 75 consecutive clean hits over the last 2-3 seasons. Don't give a fuck about last decade's business!

Kronwall is the NHL's current top legal, clean hitter. I don't care what he did 3 years ago. Is Stamkos the 22 goal scorer he was 3 years ago? No, now hes the top sniper in the league. Get with the times! You posted a video from when he was coming into his form and was extremely borderline. He still was never disciplined so don't be a jackass and act like he was ever a "dirty" player. There was possibly a time when he left his feet regularly, that time is far in the past. He found his form, perfected his craft, and avoids any possible reason to discipline him now. Within the rules of the game, his hits are perfectly legal and the best representative of the type of legal violence the NHL still supports in it's game.

911, we get it dude, you're still sour grapes about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX4dzE1wles

And you probably still can't admit he didn't leave his feet until after the contact was made with Kesler. Thats okay, that was possibly the hit of the year (I think 8 of the top 10 hits of the year are Kronwall's anyway this season, if the voting was fair at least), and thats all I want to see happen to Nashville for the rest of the series. ;)

Tell Kesler we're not in colonial America anymore, people reload much quicker now ;)

Cornholio
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
i can't believe weber gets away with 2500$, thats redicilous!!!
on the one hand, i'd like to see abby, ericsson, bertuzzi beat him up, but i think i'd rather like to see a glorious victory instead...

definetely BS cheap shot, a guy like weber doesn't need to do stuff like that, especially not after his team just WON a playoff game - pussy!!!

Dubz
04-12-2012, 01:30 PM
Zetts hits him in the number to start the whole thing. I suppose if Weber just dropped the gloves and punched him in the face that would be ok? Instigator and a game? Using the boards as a weapon was over the top imo. Shoulda got a game at least. The refs coulda handed that infraction out right there on the spot, no? Maybe Weber used the Lucic defence......it seems to work on Shanny:lol:

Dubz
04-12-2012, 01:36 PM
Holy shit really? Ive accepted Kronwall as a borderline dirty hitter years ago. Hes a feared man (should be....right, Vorocek?) on the ice for this very reason. Its nothing to argue about....hes not out there trying "not" to injure guys. Its sports....theres millions of reasons to win at any cost. I wish some of you fkers would quit powder coating the violence involved....its why we watch, right Phaneuf;)

Kyle
04-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Haha Weber probably told Shanny there was a fly on Zetterberg's forehead.

"I was very satisfied with his explaination." :lol:

poor Shanny, turned into a total clown.

fancy19
04-12-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.nhlwheelofjustice.com/

zhmen
04-12-2012, 11:47 PM
Shanny, shame :(

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-13-2012, 02:10 AM
seriously - what a joke. what a fucking joke.

chgorman
04-13-2012, 08:01 AM
TSN guys worked it out yesterday - based on his 2011/12 salary, avg ice time per game and avg number of shifts per game, Weber makes roughly $2500 per shift. So he made enough to cover his fine just by being on the ice for a minute or so this season.

Read in an article this morning that after practice yesterday, NSH players were reportedly joking about the so-called 'disciplinary action' and offering to take up a collection amongst themselves to help pay Weber's fine for him.

No wonder so many people - especially in the States - think the NHL is a joke and a bush league. I'm starting to agree with them. It's absolutely retarded that the rule book and disciplinary practices change (i.e. become more relaxed) come playoffs. You would NEVER see that in any of the other top professional leagues in North America. If anything, the rulebook becomes MORE stringent come playoffs in other leagues. Not in the NHL though... what a joke.

Shanny really dropped the ball on this one. Woulda been the perfect opportunity to set the disciplinary tone for the rest of the playoffs, but he let it slip through his fingers with less than a slap on the wrist. This is barely even a tap on the shoulder.

Anyways, all ranting about that aside, still pretty excited for tonight's game. Looking for the Wings to come out angry and really step it up in all facets of the game tonight. Need to figure out a way to be more physical than last game (within the rules of course), but yet take fewer penalties than last game. Really hoping Nyquist and Abdelkader can step up offensively (Nyquist) and physically (Abby) in Helms absence. Losing him for the entire playoffs is a huge blow to the team, but I still have confidence that they have enough talent to overcome the loss of him.

two24four
04-13-2012, 09:29 AM
I have yet to say anything on this, and keep in mind Iam a huge Weber fan, I would even say he's my fav d-man in the league now that Pronger may or may not have played his last NHL game. (hope he can come back) I also picked NSH to win in 7. Anyways with saying all that Weber should have at least got 2-3 games though, what he did was uncalled for, you don't do that in hockey, not sure what he was thinking.

Dubz
04-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I have yet to say anything on this, and keep in mind Iam a huge Weber fan, I would even say he's my fav d-man in the league now that Pronger may or may not have played his last NHL game. (hope he can come back) I also picked NSH to win in 7. Anyways with saying all that Weber should have at least got 2-3 games though, what he did was uncalled for, you don't do that in hockey, not sure what he was thinking.

Haha yeah....you dont do it in the UFC either!!!

Kyle
04-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Haha yeah....you dont do it in the UFC either!!!

Weber probably just got done watching the curbstomp in American History X and had some leftover adrenaline. These things happen;)

Kyle
04-13-2012, 01:45 PM

Nice to hear even Weber faithful find this messed up. Not that I'm saying anyone should denounce him as their favorite player. Hes awesome, but yeah this was a ridiculous hotheaded decision. But it really does need to disappear and be buried with game 1, new game new storyline, time for the Wings to move on.

Chg, I agree that its classless to crack those jokes, but I think thats unfortunately normal in the locker room setting and I don't think it reflects how Weber might actually feel about what happened. Weber isn't a piece of shit, I don't expect him to have the mindset that he did nothing wrong. Jokes or not I'm sure we're not seeing that side of him anymore this postseason.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-13-2012, 03:17 PM
do the wings come out with some retaliatory shenanigans of their own? I never thought it was their style but seeing as the NHL has basically done nothing to discipline Weber. Somebody at least tries to drop the gloves with Weber, right ?

keyboard
04-13-2012, 04:45 PM
Shanahan is a clown. Has been all season. Him and those stupid explanatory videos. Fucking idiot.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-13-2012, 05:18 PM
Was only a matter of time. Webering has gone viral. Good job Shanny!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/webering-goes-viral-tebowing-only-more-shea-weber-193309964.html

Kyle
04-13-2012, 09:12 PM
Hahhaa, thats awesome Sponge.

Key, I agree, hes made a mockery of himself this year.

Fuck the Preds! Home ice advantage is ours now. Bring on sunday, a nice noon game for the oldtimers on the Wings. Gives them time for bingo later!

fancy19
04-14-2012, 12:14 PM
haha, we've been called oldtimers for years and years now, guess we know what works.

Kyle
04-14-2012, 03:07 PM
Absolutely loved the answer by Bertuzzi last night. No one is going to beat up Weber in today's NHL, but Bert landed a shot or two and made his point. Good fight.

We need to steal back the massive momentum they grabbed in that third period early at home and put this series away with a 3-1 lead going back to Nashville.

Kyle
04-15-2012, 01:30 PM
32-18 shots so far...I hate losing because they missed 12 open nets. And then scored .2 seconds too late in the 2nd! Get it done Wings!

Kyle
04-15-2012, 01:54 PM
Indescribably pissed after that nonsense. Exactly like the fucking Wings always do, dominate 15 minutes of play and give out some weakass oddman rush goal on the only chance allowed in the entire freaking period. Lucky fucking Preds were hardly in our league, bring on game 4!

Kyle
04-15-2012, 02:04 PM
I hate Rinne. Wings prefer to shoot low, hes impossible to score on low. Every fucking shot that beats him needs to be so perfect.

chgorman
04-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Yup, he definitely held them in the game. Tough loss. Wings were clearly the better team today for 95% of the game. If they can keep the same intensity and find a way to beat Rinne, I'm confident they can take the series, but those are some major 'ifs'.

dw13
04-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Indescribably pissed after that nonsense. Exactly like the fucking Wings always do, dominate 15 minutes of play and give out some weakass oddman rush goal on the only chance allowed in the entire freaking period. Lucky fucking Preds were hardly in our league, bring on game 4!

And you didn't even use the word 'fluke'.

I'm proud :p

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-16-2012, 03:01 PM
Rinne is a beast and will be a big part of the reason the Preds advance. (obvious statement of the day, lol)

Kyle
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
This series sure has disappeared among all the BS going on. Weber should smash a few heads and put us back on the map

Kyle
04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Rinne is a beast and will be a big part of the reason the Preds advance. (obvious statement of the day, lol)

Judging by the way its looking so far, he'll be the only damn reason!!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 05:45 PM
This series sure has disappeared among all the BS going on. Weber should smash a few heads and put us back on the map

:lol:

fancy19
04-17-2012, 06:18 PM
go wings tonight! my oven is warming up for the nachos!

Kyle
04-17-2012, 07:41 PM
We blew at least 3 goals in that first period. Lets see if that comes back to haunt us.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Wow highway robbery on that no goal early in the 3rd. Huge break for the Wings

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Way to respond as Nashville pots one a few seconds later.

I just tuned in. Crowd seems awfully quiet. Tempo of the game seems kind of slow. Where is all the fighting and cheap shots and shenanigans that I am used to seeing in 2012 playoff hockey? lol. :$

Kyle
04-17-2012, 08:47 PM
Well there goes the good luck right back their way. Shots are 29-11, this is set to be another fucking disaster. Get to work boys.

Goddamn I hate Rinne. This upcoming powerplay is crucial.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 08:50 PM
1-1

Looks like I tuned in at the right time. Good game/3rd period ahead!

Kyle
04-17-2012, 08:52 PM
Agreed, this is going to be good!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 09:27 PM
Or not....

Kyle
04-17-2012, 09:28 PM
I guess if I had to pick how I want to lose a playoff series, a monster goaltender performance would be number one. Wings doing everything right except fucking lady luck properly because shes obviously not on our side here.

Hudler hitting the post on the open net resulting in a Nashville goal 10 seconds later basically ended our season. Shame.

If we keep dominating play we can drag this to 7 games but winning 2 out of 3 in Nashville is fucking daunting.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-17-2012, 09:31 PM
No shame in that at all. Same thing might be happening to San Jose with Halak and Elliot in St.Louis. The West is just turned upside down this year. In fact my entire playoff viewing experience so far feels upside down and backwards. Startin to piss me off! lol

Kyle
04-17-2012, 09:40 PM
I agree, it seems to be culminating into a final four I'm going to be -very- uninterested in!

chgorman
04-18-2012, 10:13 AM
I think Rinne is in the Wings players' heads now. Nothing seems to be working. Throwing the puck at the net and going after rebounds isn't working as he's not giving any rebounds or the D in front of him is doing a great job of clearing the rebounds. Trying be cute and set up the perfect play isn't working as NSH's D is too good and is blocking passing lanes, shots and clearing rebounds really well. I was at the game last night, the wings tried both those tactics at various points and neither were working. they gotta be frustrated beyond belief, 'cuz I was incredibly frustrated watching it.

It's not over, but they've got a huge mountain to climb and gotta figure out a way to get the puck past the mountain of Rinne. NSH had no business being in that game last night, similar to Sunday's game, but they're finding a way while the wings aren't. If NSH was clearly outplaying DET, these loses would be much easier for me to handle, but that's clearly not the case right now, Rinne, and to a lesser extent Weber and Klein are basically winning this series for NSH on their own. Having horrible flashbacks to '03 Giguere and '06 Rolo.

P.S. Hudler can go suck a fat dick. I know he got credit for the Wings only goal, but otherwise, he was complete shit last night. I don't think I've ever seen lazier play by an NHL player in my life. no help whatsoever in the defensive zone, contributed nothing defensively or physically (even though he had the opportunity to hit guys a few times, or at least wrap them up), had a bunch of TERRIBLE giveaways (not just one or two, but a bunch), had a wide open net a couple times that he couldn't bury on, basically looked like he was out there for an optional morning skate prior to the first game of the season, not a goddamn playoff game. He needs to go away, head back to the KHL or something. Give Nyquist his spot on the 2nd line. At least Nyquist looks like he gives a shit out there.

Spartan
04-18-2012, 12:29 PM
I don't understand having Nyquist on the 4th line either. It makes no sense and they are asking him to do something that is not in his game. The Helm loss is paramount right now, our 3rd and 4th lines have zero identity.

alias
04-21-2012, 08:47 AM
didn't really hit me until last night but we may have just seen Lidstrom's last NHL game. The things he was able to accomplish especially the last few years with his age are incredible. Truly a legend, will be sad to see him hang 'em up if he decides to do so.

chgorman
04-21-2012, 09:17 AM
didn't really hit me until last night but we may have just seen Lidstrom's last NHL game. The things he was able to accomplish especially the last few years with his age are incredible. Truly a legend, will be sad to see him hang 'em up if he decides to do so.

Babcock is pretty confident he'll be back, but ultimately it's up Nik of course.

Personally, I think he'll be back, as the loss last night was a pretty disappointing way to go out. I'd want my career to end on a higher note, and the Wings are going to be a better team next year than they were this year with all the cap space they have. Hopefully Nik doesn't take too long to decide.

Tough loss last night. I could tell right from the start that they weren't going to win that game, even though I was hopeful that they would. NSH is gonna be a tough matchup for whomever they face next round if Rinne keeps playing like he did this series.

dw13
04-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Well done, Nashville.

two24four
04-21-2012, 09:23 AM
Nashville is my pick to win the West and go to the Stanley Cup.

alias
04-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Nashville is my pick to win the West and go to the Stanley Cup.

they're my pick to win the cup, I think I'm the only one here who picked them to win it all. defense and goaltending wins championships and they most certainly have the goaltending.

two24four
04-21-2012, 10:42 AM
I did not make any picks here, but I also want to see them win it.

WIS
04-21-2012, 02:21 PM
Babcock is pretty confident he'll be back, but ultimately it's up Nik of course.

Personally, I think he'll be back, as the loss last night was a pretty disappointing way to go out. I'd want my career to end on a higher note, and the Wings are going to be a better team next year than they were this year with all the cap space they have. Hopefully Nik doesn't take too long to decide.

Tough loss last night. I could tell right from the start that they weren't going to win that game, even though I was hopeful that they would. NSH is gonna be a tough matchup for whomever they face next round if Rinne keeps playing like he did this series.
2 reasons I see him coming back:

1) He's not going out like this.
2) He's playing in the Winter Classic.

I did not make any picks here, but I also want to see them win it.
I'll agree with this as I didn't make any picks myself.

Doctego
04-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Do you really think that playing in the Winter Classic will have any effect on him coming back or not? I don't see how that has any influence on his decision.

WIS
04-23-2012, 08:16 PM
Do you really think that playing in the Winter Classic will have any effect on him coming back or not? I don't see how that has any influence on his decision.
I think it will be an added incentive, sure. A lot of other factors have to come into place and it's nothing that will swing him one way or the other, but it's something I think he would consider, albeit slightly.

Kyle
04-23-2012, 11:15 PM
Grats Pred, Grats 911, I'll get that card ASAP. Feeling good about what the Wings managed to do with this series. A healthy Wings vs a healthy Preds right now, I still pick the Wings to win. Still think they're the better team and are looking way better going into next season than most project, with or without Lidstrom. Good year boys, all things considered. Heres to the next run!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-24-2012, 03:38 AM
Rinne won this series, no question. Rinne vs Smith next round? That should be a monster goaltending battle.

Have we seen a turning of the tides out west?

Nucks. Sharks. Hawks. Wings. Done.

LA. St. Louis. Phx. Nashville all moving on. This is just fucking strange if you ask me!

Hope Lidstrom gives it another year.

Cheers!