PDA

View Full Version : Ben Bishop - keeper value

gogoayane
03-23-2012, 08:57 AM
With Anderson coming back tonight, I am considering dropping Ben Bishop as our playoff started a week earlier and there are only 4 more games left in our playoff (Sat vs PIT, 3 games next week) and I don't see myself starting him vs the surging PIT.

This is a keeper league and he qualifies as my rookie. Right now I have Bernier, Schenn, and either Bishop or Huberdeau for my 3rd rookie.

Do you see Bishop sharing the crease with Anderson next season? Anderson is going into his 2nd year of his 4-year contract and he's been a workhorse in OTT so far this season.

I have 5 goalies right now (MAF, Luongo, Brodeur, Bernier, Bishop) so I can either swap him for S. Mason or Andy McDonald, who should be back soon.

Thoughts?

Hamsterkill
03-23-2012, 09:18 AM
I honestly don't know whether Ottawa considers Bishop above Lehner in their goalie depth. I feel like relying on Bishop to produce next season would be a fairly high risk.

Not sure how many of those other goalies you can keep, but carrying 5 goalies seems a bit much.

Not knowing the intricacies of your league's keeper system, I'd probably keep Huberdeau over Bishop.

Raja
03-23-2012, 10:30 AM
I wouldn't keep him with the choices you have. The way I see it going is Bishop will be the back up next year, so Lehner can get more AHL time. Neither of them really have anything to prove, but they'll probably want Lehner to get more playing time. If Bishop does well next year they'll look to either re-sign him or trade him or Anderson, but I'm a pretty firm believer that Lehner is the future there.

gogoayane
03-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I'm keeping MAF, Luongo, and Bernier next year and hopefully Bernier gets traded by end of next season. I was thinking if Bishop and Lehner might end up sharing the crease in the future after Anderson is done (which is 3 years from now) but like Raja said, chances are they'll give it to Lehner.

btw I have 5 goalies now because Luongo wasn't getting starts earlier and Bishop was available so I scooped him up for this week. Looking at next week's schedule it's actually pretty light.. i'll see how Anderson do tonight before deciding on the move.

Thanks again guys!