wendel_
03-21-2012, 06:54 AM
FYI

fancy19
03-21-2012, 07:17 AM
waiver is March 23rd if interested

wendel_
03-21-2012, 08:12 AM
Missed out on him in my league without waivers.
March 23rd waivers works out great though - can get him in time for next week's matchup

fancy19
03-21-2012, 08:53 AM
Would Ott or Stastny be worth dropping for him in a roto?

Doctego
03-21-2012, 09:47 AM
Does anyone really have high hopes for him or is this more an indication of how thin RW is?

phaneuf6
03-21-2012, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't think he'd make an instant impact...he's been playing in a far lesser league for the last couple of years, he'll need to get acclimated to the NHL game again. I don't really understand why Nashville even brought him back in the first place. He left for selfish reasons and now they're going to bring him back because he sees a chance to win a Cup? Bad move IMO.

wendel_
03-21-2012, 10:04 AM
I don't expect him to have a big impact - but he has a lot of skill, and got 26 goals in the NHL as a 20 year old. Not sure what to expect the rest of the year, since as phaneuf said, he's gotta get used to the NHL game - I'm not bothering with him in some shallow leagues I'm in, but in somewhat deeper leagues, he should be a better option than your worst player though. Which is the main appeal for him, to me - he's got potential...might not do much this year, but then again, he might. But if all it's costing is your worst player, then it's a low risk and potentially high reward move

gogoayane
03-21-2012, 10:29 AM
For Nashville, this is pretty much the only time Radulov would even consider coming back (the playoff run, KHL season over, great chance for him to burn that last year of contract). To me, this guy is all about the money and by burning the last year of contract now this gives Nashville the chance to renegotiate with him for a bigger contract which NAS can afford. Let him taste the NHL again to remember how different it is playing with men than boys.

It's sad but it's really a win-win situation to bring him back now.

Dubz
03-21-2012, 11:47 AM
I hope it fucks with the chemistry the team has and they make an early exit post season. Rads is a good little player but the distaste he has done to the NHL and the Preds is not forgotten. Fk em both. The preds are bend over biatches and Rads is a puke.

wendel_
03-21-2012, 12:18 PM
Agreed - he's the definition of a greedy bastard.
He even waits until the year when Suter and Weber are gonna be UFA/RFA's to put more pressure on Nashville to allow him to pull this bitch stunt.

lektrix
03-21-2012, 01:02 PM
BTW, how is he a top-20 player in the world? I read somewhere, can't remember where, but top-20?? He's not even top-50 in my books.......

gogoayane
03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
BTW, how is he a top-20 player in the world? I read somewhere, can't remember where, but top-20?? He's not even top-50 in my books.......

I read that too yesterday from somewhere... it's kinda hard to judge since he missed a few years here where we can monitor his progress.. it's anybody's guess now on how he'll perform with the handful of games and playoff.

wendel_
03-21-2012, 01:22 PM
He's not. If you read it somewhere it was probably from a Nashville source trying to pump this up, hoping to get Weber and Suter to like Nashville. Or it was written by Radulov's mother.
His development during his key years has been stunted by going to an inferior league. Sure, he's got the most points in that league, and it sounds sexy to say that he's the best player not in the NHL right now. But that doesn't mean all that much when you factor in that fourth in KHL scoring is Brandon Bochenski (with only 5 less points). And that Bochenski also has more goals than Radulov.

In fantasy hockey, I'll try to pick him up depending on what league (ie i have a waiver claim in a deep one year league where the guy I'm dropping is Cody Hodgson - worth the risk there). He could boost the bottom end of your lineup. But until he proves he can play in the NHL, I agree, even top 50 is a stretch.