PDA

View Full Version : Radulov return

nords
03-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Looks like Radulov may return to the NHL for Thursday....but he is not yet in Yahoo's list of players yet so likely won't be useful this week. He could be a nice boost for the playoffs, though Nashville's schedule in the final two weeks is not great (3 and 3).

Alexander Radulov could return to the NHL by Thursday.

Radulov has spent the last four years in the KHL after bolting
the Predators with a valid contract. Apparently Radulov's agent and the KHL have
made an agreement that will allow Radulov to play for Nashville the rest of the
season. He will become a restricted free agent and then it is up in the air as
to what will happen as he could return to the KHL next season or see what
happens to him in the NHL. In any case, the Predators get a stud scorer the rest
of the season and in the playoffs. He is a must-get once he returns for the rest
of the season in all formats as he can score.

Source: The Nashville Tennessean (http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120319/SPORTS02/303190018/Predators-confident-Radulov-will-back-week?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Sports%20Nashville%2 0Predators)

Dubz
03-19-2012, 11:56 AM
Not fantasy related but fk smashville for pulling this shit out of their jockstrap heading into post season. Obviously its legal and im just a bitter old man but fk them!!! :tantrum:

jeffoule
03-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Not fantasy related but fk smashville for pulling this shit out of their jockstrap heading into post season. Obviously its legal and im just a bitter old man but fk them!!! :tantrum:

why?

Boogaard
03-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Anyone have an idea of when he'll be added to the FA list? Also, will he need to go through waivers? I figure he won't considering his contract status in the NHL is that of a suspended player who was signed previous to this year.

nords
03-19-2012, 01:11 PM
He won't have to clear waivers in the NHL. The NHL has already ruled on that.

He will likely go into Yahoo after his first game on Thursday. Most Yahoo leagues require new players to go through waivers so he won't likely become an immediate FA. We will go on waivers as if someone dropped him. I have the #1 waiver in one pool and figure I might as well use it on him.

phaneuf6
No waivers.

I would imagine once he is listed on their official roster he'll be added to Yahoo.

toronto1979
Anyone have an idea of when he'll be added to the FA list? Also, will he need to go through waivers? I figure he won't considering his contract status in the NHL is that of a suspended player who was signed previous to this year.
Once he gets added to an NHL roster (prob Thursday), Yahoo will add him during their midnight routine. So he'll show up Friday. Then most leagues have a 2 waiver period (check your league to see what the settings are) so he'll clear Sunday in time for week 2 of the fantasy playoffs.

In Nashville adds him sooner than Thursday (so he's eligible for insurance should he practice with the team) this who schedule gets pushed back.

*edit* notice the question was about NHL waivers, not fantasy waivers. Nashville had him listed on their reserve list and he has a contract with the team in place already. So there is no NHL waivers necessary. Fantasy waivers still apply.