PDA

View Full Version : Havlat activated

toronto1979
03-15-2012, 12:24 PM
I think I just leave him on the IR for now though.... if I were going to drop anyone my worst 2 performers over the past month are his teammates Pavelski and Clowe.

C: Pavelski, Ribeiro, MacDonald, Desharnais
L: Zetterberg, Clowe, Perron
R: St. Louis, Neal, Carter, HavlatIR
D: Wideman, Campbell, White, Enstrom
G: Niemi, Pavelec, Tokarski

jeffoule
03-15-2012, 12:36 PM
Andy Mac .. but leave him on IR

toronto1979
03-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Andy Mac .. but leave him on IR

Funny you should say that, because the 3 choices I looked at with my immediate gut are my team's 3 best players over the last month (Andy Mac, Desharnais, & Ribeiro). Which is why I made this post.

Andy Mac is actually my scoring leader over the past 30 days (9G, 7A). Barring times when he's trying to play through injuries he's almost a point-per-game player and one of the most underrated fantasy players in the game. He's been a one-man wrecking crew in March:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2175/gamelog

But I think we're in agreement that the safest move right now is to have Havlat stashed on my IR in case a player gets injured so I'm not scrambling on the waiver wire for a replacement.

jeffoule
03-15-2012, 04:27 PM
wow didnt realized how good his past month was ...

Doctego
03-15-2012, 04:30 PM
wow didnt realized how good his past month was ...

I was just going to call you out on your lack of love for him. He has been solid for me since he came back.

jeffoule
03-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Andy has never been my favorite, but what more can you ask for :P

toronto1979
03-15-2012, 05:20 PM
Andy has never been my favorite...
... maybe he should be! LOL :lol:

bearcats
03-15-2012, 07:53 PM
I dropped Ribiero for Deharnais on a team that I have andy mac on.........

having said that I would wait a few games to activate havlat...

jeffoule
03-16-2012, 08:22 AM
oups Andy got hurt last night ... dont know how serious it is thought

toronto1979
03-16-2012, 03:11 PM
oups Andy got hurt last night ... dont know how serious it is thought

Balls.

Mar 16 McDonald (shoulder) is week-to-week, St. Louis Post-Dispatch writer Jeremy Rutherford reports.
Recommendation: In other words, his regular season might be over. McDonald has been productive for the Blues this year but just couldn't stay healthy, appearing in just 21 games to this point. The team thinks he'll be available for the playoffs, however.

Doctego
03-16-2012, 10:31 PM
Has anyone heard anything positive about McDonald? Ironically, I have to activate Havlat off of IR and can drop him if he's definitely done for the year.

Nomad_0024
03-16-2012, 10:56 PM
He's week to week, so probably the majority of the rest of the season.

Doctego
03-16-2012, 11:17 PM
He's week to week, so probably the majority of the rest of the season.

Yeah. That's what I have seen but, if he has a chance to come back, I can probably stash him if need be. There's a decent chance that I will have a bye next week so he could be out for 10 days and not really hurt me.

nords
03-17-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah. That's what I have seen but, if he has a chance to come back, I can probably stash him if need be. There's a decent chance that I will have a bye next week so he could be out for 10 days and not really hurt me.

It looks like Andy Mac is out for at least two weeks.....so will likely affect you in your semifinals. I am in the same situation with a bye and will likely only keep Andy if he is IR'd pretty quickly.

https://twitter.com/#!/NormSanders/status/180698107036704769

Doctego
03-17-2012, 10:56 AM
It looks like Andy Mac is out for at least two weeks.....so will likely affect you in your semifinals. I am in the same situation with a bye and will likely only keep Andy if he is IR'd pretty quickly.

https://twitter.com/#!/NormSanders/status/180698107036704769 (https://twitter.com/#%21/NormSanders/status/180698107036704769)

If I dropped him, I could have had Havlat in for tonight's game. If that causes me to lose and not get a 1st round bye, it wasn't meant to be. I guess that I will hope that he gets IR'd and can help me later. If he doesn't get IR'd by next week or I don't get any definite ETA, I can drop him at that time.

toronto1979
03-17-2012, 12:15 PM
Yeah. That's what I have seen but, if he has a chance to come back, I can probably stash him if need be.
Probably not. Teams don't use the IR after the trade deadline because the roster limit is lifted (there's a 4 move limit instead). So chances are St Louis will not put him on the IR and he will remain DTD for at least the next 2 weeks and he'll be burning a spot on your bench.

I dropped him to activate Havlat already.

Dubz
03-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Funny you should say that, because the 3 choices I looked at with my immediate gut are my team's 3 best players over the last month (Andy Mac, Desharnais, & Ribeiro). Which is why I made this post.

Andy Mac is actually my scoring leader over the past 30 days (9G, 7A). Barring times when he's trying to play through injuries he's almost a point-per-game player and one of the most underrated fantasy players in the game. He's been a one-man wrecking crew in March:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/players/2175/gamelog

But I think we're in agreement that the safest move right now is to have Havlat stashed on my IR in case a player gets injured so I'm not scrambling on the waiver wire for a replacement.

Andy Mac is not under rated at all!!! Hes constantly on IR and is not worthy of a top 12-15 spot on almost any fantasy roster. Ironic how he is the one you can us Havlat to replace here.