PDA

View Full Version : Trade offers....rejects but any counter offers?

nords
03-05-2012, 02:58 PM
I am in 2nd in both my H2H keeper pools and I have friends that are out of the playoffs looking to improve their keepers before the trade deadline. In both cases, I could look to improve my team for the playoffs if I was willing to downgrade one of my keepers. Right now, I am thinking NO on both offers, but I wanted to see what people thought on any possible counter offers.

LEAGUE 1: Team 1 in Signature

OFFER: HIS Thornton + Brodeur for MY Stamkos + Henrique
MY THOUGHTS: Before Backstrom and Howard got injured, I thought I needed a third goalie. Now I am not so sure. I have RNH as my rookie keeper so Henrique is expendable. I do not want to trade Stamkos, Malkin, Giroux or Lundy under any circumstances since I have them for another 2 years each. The other manager made his offer as a "starting point" and would likely give me any non-keeper for an upgrade at keeper.

OTHER MANAGER'S TEAM
C: Thornton, Kesler, Ott (L/C), C Smith (C/R)
L: Hartnell, Lucic, Brown (L/R), Benn (C/L)
R: PKane, Alfredsson, Lupul (L/R), Purcell, Voracek
D: Kronwall, Yandle, Hamhuis, Kuba
G: Brodeur, Nabokov, Gustavsson, Neuvirth

LEAGUE 2: Team 2 in Signature

OFFER: HIS Heatley + Visnovsky + Theodore for MY Karlsson
MY THOUGHTS: My goalies are all volatile and may blow up at any time but I don't want to carry four goalies in a league that has only two bench spots. I think Visnovsky is useless and Heatley is probably not an upgrade to who I would have to drop: Versteeg or Henrique.

OTHER MANAGER'S TEAM
C: Elias (C/L), Krejci, OJokinen, Roy, Bozak
L: Clowe (L/R), Heatley (L/R), Benn (C/L)
R: Seguin (C/R), Perry, Williams
D: Timonen, Visnovsky, Carlson
G: Theodore, Miller, Lehtonen

ovechkin
03-05-2012, 05:04 PM
The first trade I don't like. Don't trade Stamkos in a keeper.
The second trade is not a good one. I recommend rejecting that one. Maybe counter with Perry instead of Heatley.

Lucca Brazzi
03-05-2012, 09:18 PM
I don't like the first trade at all. Stamkos is an uber-keeper and will be an elite guy for a long time. Big Joe is nice and all, but he isn't Stamkos.
And Brodeur at this point isn't a sure thing, although I wouldn't count him out. So I don't think that is a good deal for you.

The second deal needs more than 2012's version of Heatley. Karlsson would a fine keeper in his own right. I don't know if I would part with him.

Dubz
03-06-2012, 02:32 AM
Hartnell/Benn and Brodeur would be nice adds. Skinner, Henrique, Koive, Doan? (i dont see Backstrom or Howard)

Benn/Heater and Carlson....if he wants to send a goalie and you think you need one Jose isnt a bad grab. Maybe ditch Varly in that deal. I thinnk in limited Keepers Dmen have a bit of diminished value. If you draft the first Dman gets taken after the top goalies and forwards are gone.

Maybe i dont understand something but if im sorta in the know id suggest winning at all costs this year.

nords
03-06-2012, 08:01 AM
The first trade I don't like. Don't trade Stamkos in a keeper.
The second trade is not a good one. I recommend rejecting that one. Maybe counter with Perry instead of Heatley.

Thanks. I definitely will reject both trade offers. I think Perry + Theo for Karlsson + Varly would likely be rejected but way be worth a try. Would Perry > Karlsson in the playoffs?

I don't like the first trade at all. Stamkos is an uber-keeper and will be an elite guy for a long time. Big Joe is nice and all, but he isn't Stamkos.
And Brodeur at this point isn't a sure thing, although I wouldn't count him out. So I don't think that is a good deal for you.

The second deal needs more than 2012's version of Heatley. Karlsson would a fine keeper in his own right. I don't know if I would part with him.

I agree with rejecting both trades. In the first trade, Stamkos is a non-starter....so is Malkin, Giroux, Parise, Lundy. I am not sure there is value trying to make a deal for Brodeur. On the second trade offer, Karlsson is one of my best keepers. I would need more in order to go from Varlamov to Theo....which is effectively what I am being offered (since I wouldn't want four goalies). 2012 Heatley barely makes my team.

Hartnell/Benn and Brodeur would be nice adds. Skinner, Henrique, Koive, Doan? (i dont see Backstrom or Howard)

Benn/Heater and Carlson....if he wants to send a goalie and you think you need one Jose isnt a bad grab. Maybe ditch Varly in that deal. I thinnk in limited Keepers Dmen have a bit of diminished value. If you draft the first Dman gets taken after the top goalies and forwards are gone.

Maybe i dont understand something but if im sorta in the know id suggest winning at all costs this year.

For the first league, I have Harding and MacDonald as my 3rd and 4th goalies, which is why I referred to Backstrom's and Howard's injuries....if one of the injuries is serious, I may not need to trade to get Brodeur. If Backstrom and Howard are expected back soon, I would like to figure out a way to get Brodeur on my team. Does anybody have any updates on the injuries?

I would like to get Benn/Hartnell and Brodeur but I am sure that Benn and Hartnell are currently part of his core keepers. I would likely need to involve one of my core keepers (Stamkos, Malkin, Giroux, Parise, Lundy) for him to even consider it and I can't afford to give up any of them for the playoffs IMO.

I could try something like Skinner + Henrique + Harding for Benn + Brodeur or just try Henrique + Harding/MacDonald + draft pick for Brodeur

jeffoule
03-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Skinner + Henrique + Harding for Benn + Brodeur
-> This wont go thru

Henrique + Harding/MacDonald + draft pick for Brodeur
-> worth a try

nords
03-06-2012, 12:33 PM
Skinner + Henrique + Harding for Benn + Brodeur
-> This wont go thru

Henrique + Harding/MacDonald + draft pick for Brodeur
-> worth a try

Thanks. I have emailed the other manager with an offer similar to this. He doesn't currently have a decent rookie and I don't think he plans to keep Brodeur, so I think there may be some potential.