PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Album of the Year

King_Killah
03-03-2012, 02:02 PM
After just spending a few moments in the 2011 AotY thread, I had to give this some time. 2012 is shaping up to be strong. Three records coming out shortly all have potential to become the 2012 Album of the Year. I give you Overkill. They have a new album coming out at the end of the month. Overkill, never fails to produce. For whatever reason they never got the recognition of the "Big Four" but always seemed to fall into that "Next Four" category. The next four?! What's the "Next Four" you ask, also referred to as the "Other Four." Well, they are Testament, Overkill, Death Angel, and Exodus. In my personal opinion, these four trump the "Big Four" with the exception of Megadeth, any day of the week when it comes to material put out. Don't get me wrong, I love Anthrax, Slayer is quality, and even Metallica, but when it comes down to the actual works released by the "Next Four" vs. the works released by the "Big Four," the "Next Four" stands up to any of it. Sorry about that rant. After Overkill, we have released coming from Testament and Death Angel. Testament, I am not concerned in the least bit will come out strong and ready to pound your face in. I know, the expectation was there for Megadeth, too. I have no doubt, none, nunca, zilch, ZERO DOUBT about this new Testament album. If it comes back and bites me, I'll be sure to say it, but as of right now, I don't think so. Death Angel also has a new release coming out in the spring. Their last album was a strong album from front to back, so I am looking at another of the same quality.

Its only March... There is still 9+ months, and I am sure a lot of stuff coming. Looking forward to results of the 2012 AotY already.

ih8music
03-09-2012, 06:45 PM
I've had this one going pretty much continuously since it leaked a couple of weeks ago... if this isn't my #1 for 2012, I'll be shocked (and happily surprised).

now streaming at RS... http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/exclusive-stream-lucero-go-full-on-memphis-soul-on-women-work-20120307