PDA

View Full Version : Confirming Keepers

toronto1979
02-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I love that Yahoo has set it up now so that you can select your own keepers rather than emailing them to the commish.

I'm looking at my roster and having trouble narrowing my list down to 10 keepers. Thoughts?

C: Santana, Vmart (out for 2012)
1B: Konerko
2B: Uggla, Hill
3B: Zimmerman
SS: Andrus
OF: Braun, Ellsbury, Choo, Crawford, Hart, Heyward
SP: Lincecum, Grienke, Shields, Strasburg, Hellickson, Jackson, Worley, Pomeranz, Westbrook
RP: Storen, Hanrahan, League

I'm thinking 3B is a deep enough position that I can let Zimmerman go, and still be able to draft a serviceable 3B. It's a 10 team league. It's hard to let Heyward go, but I don't think I have a choice.

Snipes16
02-14-2012, 02:44 PM
Are you sold on Crawdad bouncing back after his dreadful 2011? Nick Cafardo in Sundays Boston Globe said there's a good chance he wont be ready for the start of the season because of his late wrist surgery.

Can you afford to wait for Crawford with Braun already suspended untill mid June? You have 4 solid keeper starters but the bats depth aint great for a 10 teamer.

I'd keep Heyward over Crawford who also struggled last year but has much more upside than Crawford does at age 22...Bobby Cox raved about the guy when he had him and its probably the first time the kid struggled in his life...I'm buyin Heyward.

toronto1979
02-17-2012, 03:36 PM
There's not many guys who can get you 50 SBs and a 300 BA, Crawford is one of them.

If he misses a couple weeks, I'm okay with that. It's a 10 team league and 6 teams make it to the playoffs. As long as he performs in the 2nd half I'm okay.

Do you think he'd fall further in a draft than Heyward? They are ranked similarly and drafts often go close to rankings. Choo is in the same ranking situation.

http://i40.tinypic.com/33duy5l.png

Pitchers:
http://i43.tinypic.com/24cv400.png

toronto1979
03-01-2012, 12:51 PM
Are you sold on Crawdad bouncing back after his dreadful 2011? Nick Cafardo in Sundays Boston Globe said there's a good chance he wont be ready for the start of the season because of his late wrist surgery.

Can you afford to wait for Crawford with Braun already suspended untill mid June? You have 4 solid keeper starters but the bats depth aint great for a 10 teamer.

I'd keep Heyward over Crawford who also struggled last year but has much more upside than Crawford does at age 22...Bobby Cox raved about the guy when he had him and its probably the first time the kid struggled in his life...I'm buyin Heyward.
With's Braun's successful appeal, do you think I can wait for Crawford now?

I'm currently leaning toward keeping Zimmer, and re-drafting one of Crawford, Hart or Heyward - whoever is available - with my first round pick.