PDA

View Full Version : 2013 NHL Winter Classic

chgorman
02-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Wings vs. Leafs Tuesday January 1st 2013 at University of Michigan Stadium ('The Big House'), confirmed today

I'm DYING to go to this game but I don't have any special hookups for tix and it sounds like they may be hard to come by despite the monsterous capacity of Michigan stadium.

If anybody has a hookup for tix, or knows of any presales or the best way for me to go about getting tix for this gm without having to go through a scalper, please PM me or post a reply in this thread.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out

moans
02-09-2012, 02:50 PM
The leafs tweeted a site where you could sign up for a presale but it appears to have completely crashed.

EDIT: it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to load.
http://winterclassic.surveyconsole.com/

b_illin
02-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Luckily I have a hookup (sorry though, can't share), but I'm not sure I want to go.

On the one hand, would obviously be a cool experience. On the other, having been to the Big House, I seriously question whether you could actually see anything on the rink...like the actual game.

This won't be a dry event like the football games, would it?

chgorman
02-09-2012, 04:03 PM
The leafs tweeted a site where you could sign up for a presale but it appears to have completely crashed.

EDIT: it just takes a ridiculous amount of time to load.
http://winterclassic.surveyconsole.com/

I found that just after I posted. Thx Mike. I've signed up.

Luckily I have a hookup (sorry though, can't share), but I'm not sure I want to go.

On the one hand, would obviously be a cool experience. On the other, having been to the Big House, I seriously question whether you could actually see anything on the rink...like the actual game.

This won't be a dry event like the football games, would it?

Yeah, I could see that being an issue. I've never been to U of M Stadium so I can't speak from experience, but I could see that being an issue. that said, I'd have to think that they'd have a video board that you could watch the game on if you were too far away and/or had a lousy vantage point. I'd be going more for the event and the experience than the game itself anyway, so I'm not too concerned about being able to see the actual game on the ice, as long as it could be seen on a video board

phaneuf6
02-09-2012, 04:18 PM
I'll probably be going. We've had hotel rooms booked for a couple weeks now. I have enough hookups that I'm sure one will come through for me for tickets.

b_illin
02-09-2012, 04:19 PM
^ it's also the seating or lack thereof. It was all bench seating and you're basically not sitting for the game (you're really rammed in there).

two24four
02-09-2012, 05:28 PM
Word is pretty much every hotel is booked already, so good luck to anyone who is just planning on going now. Bring a tent.

As much as I would like to go, I think I will watch this from home, I would like to see the game.

They were joking on the radio today saying both alumni teams will have to have tryouts.

Go BLUE, haha.

phaneuf6
02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
I'd love to see the following on the Leafs Alumni team:

Sundin, Thomas, Roberts, Tucker, CuJo, Potvin, Sittler, Keon, Clark, Gilmour, Salming, Domi, Lanny, Vaive....to name a few.

two24four
02-09-2012, 06:36 PM
I'd love to see the following on the Leafs Alumni team:

Sundin, Thomas, Roberts, Tucker, CuJo, Potvin, Sittler, Keon, Clark, Gilmour, Salming, Domi, Lanny, Vaive....to name a few.

Nikolai Borschevsky has to play in this game in DET :D

I would also add Andreychuk, Gill, Ellett, Leeman, Iafrate, Gartner, Osborne, Damphousse, Anderson, Macoun, Belfour, McCabe.

phaneuf6
02-09-2012, 06:38 PM
I wanted to say Mogilny too but not sure he qualifies as "Leafs" alumni.

two24four
02-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I hope not, but CBC might push to have Healy in the game.

Chilly_Willy
02-10-2012, 02:40 PM
I have had a chance to go to UoM statium a couple of times when work tickets went up for grabs. The sports were always enjoyable but the enviornment IMO is not. UoM stadium is not a seated stadium it is all benches from row 1 to the top all the way around. Its how they pack people in. The stadium really should be like 80,000 90,000 capacity with seats but they get the 115,000 because of the benches.

I have literally showed up to games trying to find my seat and because I am the last person to the row you can't even see the numbers because everyone's asses are covering them.

Its a cultural preference thing I know a TON of people love UoM statium and leafs wings is a great winter classic.

Just don't be suprized when it draws a lot of people that have never been to UoM statium and the social media lights up with UoM seating = WTF!!!
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/content/articles/2010/07/14/sports/college/doc4c3dd39b5b7f03752854363.jpg

Dexter
02-11-2012, 10:18 AM
I managed to get a room in one of the hotels for the weekend. Here's hoping I can actually land a ticket to the game.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
02-11-2012, 03:34 PM
oops wrong thread, ignore !

Kyle
02-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Word is pretty much every hotel is booked already, so good luck to anyone who is just planning on going now. Bring a tent.

As much as I would like to go, I think I will watch this from home, I would like to see the game.

They were joking on the radio today saying both alumni teams will have to have tryouts.

Go BLUE, haha.

You could just live within an hour of the big house :D

b_illin
02-12-2012, 01:49 PM
If you're looking, try to find a student who will rent out their apartment. Or bring an RV! (or don't sleep)

chgorman
02-12-2012, 02:20 PM
I'll sleep in my car if I have to.

toronto1979
02-13-2012, 05:52 PM
I've already got 10 hotel rooms booked. Booyah!

Dubz
02-14-2012, 12:00 AM
You could also book in windsor and drive over.

b_illin
02-14-2012, 10:04 AM

Say what? Crash at Dubz' place in Windsor? Everyone on HI is welcome?? You're going to set up a shuttle service as well???

What a swell guy! :lol:

fancy19
02-14-2012, 01:33 PM
I have a hook up, time to start saving mooolah!

toronto1979
02-14-2012, 02:38 PM
It's an hour from Windsor to Ann Arbor and the border is gonna be a disaster. Good luck doing that while 18 beers deep. I'll just stay right in Ann Arbor thanks.

Dubz
02-15-2012, 01:54 AM
It's an hour from Windsor to Ann Arbor and the border is gonna be a disaster. Good luck doing that while 18 beers deep. I'll just stay right in Ann Arbor thanks.

OK you are not invited then :lol:

chgorman
08-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Anybody having trouble buying tix for this game through the Leafs window? Got an email from them yesterday stating:

Your name was selected in the contest draw and you have been awarded the opportunity to purchase up to four (4) 2012 SiriusXM Hockeytown Winter Festival™ and
2013 Bridgestone NHL Winter ClassicŪ ticket packages. You will be given a time-limited purchase window to purchase ticket packages, as set out below. This will be your only window to purchase ticket packages through this opportunity. If you do not purchase within your assigned purchase window, then your access shall expire and you will not have other access to purchase through this opportunity.
Your purchase window is: Friday, August 17th 10:00 a.m. to Saturday, August 18th 5:00 p.m.

So I followed all the instructions to the letter, set up my Leafs TicketMaster account, etc, Logged in right at 10am today, but I'm trying to access tix now and it's saying there aren't any available. WTF?!?!?!?

Anybody having the same problem? Any suggestions on what my next step should be?

Called the phone # TicketMaster provided, but the automated greeting says I'm calling the Raptors and I've been on hold for almost 12 mins now.

HELP!!!

chgorman
08-17-2012, 12:04 PM
Nevermind, got the tix eventually. Pretty brutal that they FORCE you to buy tix to the OHL doubleheader or the AHL game at Comerica as part of the package. I understand why they do that, it's a smart business move on their part, but it's still frustrating as a fan who just wants to see the Classic and doesn't have a ton of money to pay for tix that probably won't be used. Had to take cheaper/crappier seats for the Classic so that I could afford to pay for the AHL game tix that I was forced to purchase as part of the package. frustrating.

Kyle
08-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Thats lame.