PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Carter for O. Jokinen/Okposo

volcomdevil
02-09-2012, 11:00 AM
In a salary cap keeper league (we get half the NHL cap to spend on as many players we can at their real life cap hit) I offered a guy Wheeler/Jokinen for Jeff Carter a few days ago. Today he countered with Okposo/Jokinen for Carter.

Just wanted to get some thoughts on the trade from some other people, my team is in the signature below with the league stat categories. I was mainly interested in Carter with the hopes that he gets traded. I think he's a little overrated personally but I need to open up some roster space for guys coming off IR (Koivu) and it seemed like Carter might be one of the better potential buy lows depending what happens at the deadline.

Would I be giving up too much considering I probably won't keep Carter? I know Jokinen's name scares off a lot of people but I've had no complaints this year.

Thanks!

Rocklobster
02-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Carter > jokinen/okoposo

Raja
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
If you're not keeping Carter no.

ovechkin
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't know the salaries or anything like that, but in a normal keeper league I'd rather have Carter.

jeffoule
02-09-2012, 02:29 PM
I think it worth the risk ... I'd take it

volcomdevil
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
Thanks everyone.

Jeff Carter is about $5.3 million. We also add $1 mil each year a player is held after the first (this is the first year of the league so everyone is worth their true cap hits). So Carter would be $5.3 for '12'-'13, $6.3 for '13-'14 and so on. Right now I can keep Ovechkin, Crosby, Ryan, Kesler, RNH and Howard and just make it under the cap. Carter won't replace any of those outside of Crosby being shut down.

If I didn't do the deal, who would I drop to make room for Koivu? Would it be Okposo anyway (Wheeler is a good source of hits for me)? If I were to drop Okposo then at that point would that make taking the chance on Carter more worth it since it essentially becomes Jokinen for Carter?