PDA

View Full Version : Planning for next year....

alias
02-08-2012, 03:49 PM
In my contract league I'm looking ahead to see who I will sign to what contract and I'm stuck. I have room for one 4 year deal & two 3 year deals with Backes, Doughty, & MAF unsigned. Who gets the 4 year deal? You could make a case for each one of them. Backes is the oldest but that's hardly a factor with him turning 28 this May. Backes contributes to the most categories, but elite defensemen like Doughty are rare, and solid goalies are important & hard to come across in this league. This is much harder than I thought. :confused: Here's my league's cats:

G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, GWG, HIT
W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO

Raja
02-08-2012, 03:53 PM
If they're unsigned and you can re-sign them, can you do the same when their contract is up or what? I'd say Fleury

nords
02-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Fleury for me. Locking up goalies, especially good young goalies locked into a great team, are key.

alias
02-08-2012, 08:05 PM
If they're unsigned and you can re-sign them, can you do the same when their contract is up or what? I'd say Fleury

no you cannot resign a player when their contract expires. you either trade them before their contract expires or lose them to FA. I just traded for these guys this season so I have to sign them to new contracts during this off-season.

DatsyukRules
02-09-2012, 02:13 AM
It's a difference of one year...three years from now?

Seem like a lot of 'unknown' to account for. Who knows what opportunities will present themselves over the three years, your team could look completely different.

I guess my vote is MAF, but you probably can't go wrong either way.

jeffoule
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
Fleury for me pretty easily

Roy Hinske
02-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Fleury for me.