PDA

View Full Version : Veto?

Bure96
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Two teams in my league just made this trade. Should I veto it?

Team 1 gets:
Patrick Marleau
Francois Beauchemin
Tomas Vokoun
Brian Elliot

Team 2 gets:
Marian Hossa
Dion Phaneuf
Craig Anderson
Antti Niemi

EDIT: I accidentally mixed up the two teams!

gogoayane
02-03-2012, 01:07 PM
I like what Team 1 gets... but overall i think it's a fair trade

Marleau = Hossa
Beau < Phaneuf
Niemi + Anderson > Vokoun + Elliot

It looks like it's a trade to fit the teams' needs

jeffoule
02-03-2012, 01:08 PM
not veto worthy at all

Marleau <= Hossa
Beauchemin << Phaneuf
Craig Anderson >= Elliot (depending on stats)
Niemi >> Vokoun

Sometimes it's hard to get a top end goalie

jeffoule
02-03-2012, 01:09 PM
I like what Team 1 gets... but overall i think it's a fair trade

Marleau = Hossa
Beau < Phaneuf
Niemi + Anderson > Vokoun + Elliot

It looks like it's a trade to fit the teams' needs

you beat me, but same logic behind

b_illin
02-03-2012, 01:13 PM
b_illin

Bure96
02-03-2012, 01:22 PM
WHOOPS! I mixed up the trade. The OP is fixed. Team 1 gets Marleau, Beauchemin, Vokoun, and Elliot. Team 2 gets Hossa, Phaneuf, Niemi, and Anderson.

The biggest problem I have with the trade is that the team giving up Hossa is in her first season ever of fantasy hockey and texted me after she made the trade that she didn't want to do it but that the other manager was harrassing her on Facebook for days about it.

The way I see it:

Hossa > Marleau
Phaneuf >> Beauchemin
Niemi >> Vokoun
Anderson > or = Elliot

Not fair.

gogoayane
02-03-2012, 01:29 PM
Does Team 1 have Halak or something? otherwise then ya it doesn't make sense...

Bure96
02-03-2012, 01:30 PM
Does Team 1 have Halak or something? otherwise then ya it doesn't make sense...
No. She has Montoya as her remaining goalie. To be honest, the manager getting ripped off is my little sister and she's never done fantasy hockey before this year. She is doing very well and is learning a lot about the players and teams, but she is much younger than most of us and as this is a family/friends league, I don't want a friend of mine taking advantage of her and screwing up the balance of the league. It would set a bad precedent to allow it.

Rocklobster
02-03-2012, 02:06 PM
you have to fix this trade for your league, it's not even close.

Patrick Marleau >= hossa
Francois Beauchemin < Phaneuf
Tomas Vokoun < Niemi
Brian Elliot < Anderson

Bure96
02-03-2012, 02:10 PM
you have to fix this trade for your league, it's not even close.

Patrick Marleau >= hossa
Francois Beauchemin < Phaneuf
Tomas Vokoun < Niemi
Brian Elliot < Anderson

I certainly agree with your conclusion, but do you really think Marleau is better than Hossa? Hossa has 53 points and is ranked 9th overall in Yahoo. Marleau has 39 points and is ranked 39th overall.

Rocklobster
02-03-2012, 02:12 PM
he's about the same, more of an edge I'd say with dual position. plus 38 and 41 goals that past 2 seasons, scores more than hossa

wendel_
02-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Niemi side wins, but no veto for me
Hossa > Marleau this year
beau < Phaneuf
Niemi > Vokoun this year
Elliot > Anderson

I think a reasonable (likely wrong, unless Niemi's injury ends up being more serious - but still, reasonable) explanation can be given for why a person would want to do the trade. There will almost always be winners and losers in deals. It's the collusion or gm's that don't give a shit and just accept but have no reason for doing so, that should be vetoed.

jeffoule
02-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Niemi side wins, but no veto for me
Hossa > Marleau this year
beau < Phaneuf
Niemi > Vokoun this year
Elliot > Anderson

I think a reasonable (likely wrong, unless Niemi's injury ends up being more serious - but still, reasonable) explanation can be given for why a person would want to do the trade. There will almost always be winners and losers in deals. It's the collusion or gm's that don't give a shit and just accept but have no reason for doing so, that should be vetoed.

I totally agree with you here

Dubz
02-03-2012, 05:29 PM
She said yes....so its a done deal. You can not renege in fantasy hockey because your brother thinks you got ripped off after the fact. She should have talked to you BEFORE accepting the deal.

I do agree team two rocks this trade but its done. Setting bad precedence would be vetoing for the reason above imo

toronto1979
02-03-2012, 06:11 PM
The trade doesn't look like it's malicious or a player dump. I wouldn't veto that.

Clearly there's a winner, but there is in every trade.

ovechkin
02-04-2012, 08:02 PM
I've posted several trades that I thought needed to be vetoed, and some threads I think concluded that I had to veto the trade. However, this isn't so unfair and seems fine to me.
The trade itself is fine, but if you want to veto it because of duress or harassment that's a different issue.

Roy Hinske
02-05-2012, 11:37 PM
This is a really bad situation but is not a trade which should be vetoed. It sounds like a family matter more but harrassment should notbe tolerated either. Get her to check with you before the trade and not after next time.