PDA

View Full Version : I need goalie help - TRADE

ovechkin
01-31-2012, 05:36 PM
I need to get another goalie because I'm wasting Lundqvist if my GAA is spolied from Anderson and Khabibulin, although we'll see if Anderson has started to turn it around.
This was proposed to me, what do you think.

Luongo, B. Richards, Iginla, and Cammalleri for Parise, Ryan, Datsyuk, and Anderson.

I'm fine trading Datsyuk for Luongo (for some context, the best available goalie is S. Mason).

I'm also fine with Ryan for Iginla because I could use some help at RW right now and I need SOG and PPP that Ryan is not getting right now.

I would lose the Parise/Anderson for Richards and Cammalleri, but honestly I've been disappointed with Parise so far this year.

He said he would be fine switching Richards for Eric Staal if that makes any difference.
He also has Mike Richards on his bench that I might be able to get instead of Cammalleri, and Niemi who I might be able to get instead of Luongo.
Does this trade make sense for me in its current state (or with Staal instead of Richards)?
My team is below.

wendel_
01-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Ya I think something along those lines makes sense. You're not getting a top end goalie without giving up a lot.
Datsyuk/Luongo is fair and just depends on team needs
For a one year I prefer Iggy to Ryan
I wouldn't want to take on both Cammalleri and Iggy - unless it's an elite duo, I find it better to spread things out more, so if you could get M Richards instead of Cammy, then that would be better.

Then I would save Khabi only for weeks where Schneider gets more than one start and you need Khabi to reach your min starts

ovechkin
01-31-2012, 07:03 PM
He agreed to the trade of Luongo, Iginla, B. Richards, M. Richards for Anderson, Datsyuk, Ryan, Parise.
Does it make sense to do this?
I've updated my signature to show my current roster. Thanks for the help.

jeffoule
01-31-2012, 07:32 PM
He agreed to the trade of Luongo, Iginla, B. Richards, M. Richards for Anderson, Datsyuk, Ryan, Parise.
Does it make sense to do this?
I've updated my signature to show my current roster. Thanks for the help.

Who will play LW on your team?

ovechkin
01-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Well, Sharp, M. Richards, Fleischmann, and Ott can all play LW. The top two would be Sharp and Richards. I also just activated Sharp and picked up E. Kane who could also be good once he comes off the IR.
I understand that I lose my LWs but it still helps me at RW and G.

toronto1979
02-01-2012, 08:41 AM
I like it. Anderson is junk and the Sens are bound to collapse.

The skaters are pretty even:

B. Richards =< Datsyuk
Iginla = Parise
Cammalleri < Ryan

He gets a slight edge, but not enough for you to consider turning down Lu for Anderson. You're still getting back 3 damn fine forwards.

Though I do like Mike Richards more than Cams.

wendel_
02-01-2012, 08:50 AM
Ya I'd go for that. Having both Lundy and Luongo puts you as a favourite to win almost any weekly goalie matchup.
Getting a top goalie without giving up your #1 goalie is very tough, so generally speaking if I get a deal that I like for a goalie I'll do it and then figure out my forward positions after. It's a lot easier to trade around for different forward positions (especially this year where 3/4 of the league has dual eligibility) if you're not happy with your forward distribution

jeffoule
02-01-2012, 10:23 AM
I'd probably take it, but if you can swap Camms for Richards then it's a clear yes for me

ovechkin
02-01-2012, 02:24 PM
Thanks guys. I did the trade. I hope it works out. As you can see from my signature the only player left from my original draft is Patrick Kane.

toronto1979
02-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Solid team. You've now graduated from the public leagues. Play something more challenging next year.

ovechkin
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
It was a last minute thing That I made a team this year, after some of the people from last season wanted me to renew the league. There are definitely a few rosters full of bad players.
If I decide to make a team next year I'll make sure to make it a bit harder to win, but as long as I'm in this league for now I'll try to improve my team as best as I can.