PDA

View Full Version : Louis C.K. Live at the Beacon Theater

ih8music
12-11-2011, 01:23 AM
Best $5 I've spent in a long time...

https://buy.louisck.net/purchase

To those who might wish to "torrent" this video: look, I don't really get the whole "torrent" thing. I don't know enough about it to judge either way. But I'd just like you to consider this: I made this video extremely easy to use against well-informed advice. I was told that it would be easier to torrent the way I made it, but I chose to do it this way anyway, because I want it to be easy for people to watch and enjoy this video in any way they want without "corporate" restrictions.

Please bear in mind that I am not a company or a corporation. I'm just some guy. I paid for the production and posting of this video with my own money. I would like to be able to post more material to the fans in this way, which makes it cheaper for the buyer and more pleasant for me. So, please help me keep this being a good idea. I can't stop you from torrenting; all I can do is politely ask you to pay your five little dollars, enjoy the video, and let other people find it in the same way.

Sincerely,
Louis C.K.

heliosj
12-11-2011, 02:54 AM
You're the second person today to mention this to me [and others].. I love his stuff, so I went ahead and spent the $5. Downloading now. :)

pjm
12-11-2011, 03:03 AM
Yeah i bought it earlier today too. Awesome idea - i really hope he makes enough money from this that others can model similar content distribution systems. Skip the middleman.

And of course it was hilarious

CayugaPosse
12-12-2011, 11:37 PM
Glad to see this popping up alot places I visit, and in this manner. Makes me hopeful that people will be largely receptive to it, he deserves it. There's no better comic in the world right now.

ih8music
12-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Thank you note to the fans & info about how successful it's been:

https://buy.louisck.net/index.php/statement?utm_source=loopinsight.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+loopinsight%2FKqJb+%28The+Loo p%29

$550k gross (about $200k profit) in just a few days. Wow.

phaneuf6
12-15-2011, 11:58 AM
I didn't like it. Maybe it's because I've seen all of his work, but I laughed maybe twice during the whole show. Seems to be getting old.

Doctego
12-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Finally got my hands on $5. Downloading now.

ih8music
12-15-2011, 04:02 PM
I didn't like it. Maybe it's because I've seen all of his work, but I laughed maybe twice during the whole show. Seems to be getting old.
It's certainly not his best stuff, but I thought there were plenty of good bits. A lot of his material is targeted to the old dad / old guy crowd, that's for sure.

phaneuf6
12-15-2011, 04:10 PM
It's certainly not his best stuff, but I thought there were plenty of good bits. A lot of his material is targeted to the old dad / old guy crowd, that's for sure.

I can understand the "being able to relate" laughs, but at the same time, most of his jokes now seem to end with cumming on someone's face... I got maybe 2, 3 laughs out of this one at most.

I look at his other HBO specials and I die laughing almost continuously through the whole thing.

I suppose every comedian hits this stage... Russell Peters was hilarious at first because of the novelty of his jokes, accents, etc. But now, it's the same old every time from him so it's just not funny anymore.

ih8music
12-21-2011, 11:43 AM
Looks like C.K. is going to host the WH correspondent's dinner.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1211/70679.html

I remember Lewis Black saying that was one of the toughest gigs to prepare for because he wasn't allowed to swear in front of the President/VP/members of Congress. I can't imagine a Louis C.K. act without a few f-bombs and graphic descriptions of bodily functions; I assume he's under the same restrictions.

This will either be great or a complete train wreck.

Doctego
12-21-2011, 02:08 PM
It is supposed to be for around 15 minutes. I'm sure he will be fine.