PDA

View Full Version : Crabtree or Andre Johnson

chgorman
12-01-2011, 08:21 PM
Who do I start this weekend?

Crabtree vs. STL

or Andre Johnson vs. ATL

Obviously, going strictly by name, Johnson is the clear choice, however I need to win this week to get into the playoffs (and even then it's not guaranteed) so I can't afford another week of 3 fantasy points from Andre Johnson, and he's been limited in practice the past couple days, with an inexperienced QB throwing to him, so there's definitely a risk there.

Do I play it safe and go with Crabtree up against a weak pass D or do I risk playing Johnson based on name and reputation only, and hope for the best?

FlyGuy78
12-01-2011, 10:30 PM
Anyone other than Crabtree? I think you will see a heavy dose of running from SF and I just don't trust Crabtree to get you more points than AJ even with a 3rd string QB and playing hurt.

Dubz
12-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Id go by targets in the past few games. I know Crabtree has had alot. Unfortunately i dont know much about AJ.

chgorman
12-02-2011, 09:33 AM
Anyone other than Crabtree? I think you will see a heavy dose of running from SF and I just don't trust Crabtree to get you more points than AJ even with a 3rd string QB and playing hurt.

Not really, nobody available or on my roster (other than Andre) who is the #1 WR on a decent team with a chance to put up big #'s. Crabtree had 6 catches for 122yds and a TD vs. STL last December, and that was with a much better - or at least healthy - secondary covering him then they have this season.

Id go by targets in the past few games. I know Crabtree has had alot. Unfortunately i dont know much about AJ.

Not sure how many targets Andre had last week, but he only had 2 catches for 22 yds, no TDs, coming off a serious hammy injury with a 3rd string QB throwing to him, so I imagine he probably wasn't targetted much based on those stats.

If Andre had practiced in full all week and Schaub was playing or HOU brought in a capable QB, I'd be a lot more confident in rolling him this week, but the QB situation and the fact that he's been limited all week really worries me.

Anybody else have some input? Start the stud, or go with the guy in the better situation with the nicer matchup?

Hamsterkill
12-02-2011, 10:01 AM
Is Eric Decker available in your league? I might take a chance and play him this week instead of those two. He needs to score to do well but he scores more often than not -- even with Tebow. And the matchup doesn't get any friendlier than his this week.

chgorman
12-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Is Eric Decker available in your league? I might take a chance and play him this week instead of those two. He needs to score to do well but he scores more often than not -- even with Tebow. And the matchup doesn't get any friendlier than his this week.

Decker isn't available.

FlyGuy78
12-02-2011, 02:25 PM
I would say crabtree is the safer play, but if you need the bigger upside go with Andre. From what I read though it seems like HOU will be doing a lot more short passes with Yates at the helm.

chgorman
12-02-2011, 03:35 PM
Thx Fly. Sounds like Andre practiced in full today, so that's good news, but I'm still concerned about the QB situation. Not that Alex Smith is the next Joe Montana or anything, but I think he's a little more reliable than a 3rd string QB I've never heard of before.

Damn, I just can't decide, and I need to make the call by 6pm tonight because I'm going to be away for the weekend without internet access, so I have to set my lineup before I leave tonight.

I like Andre's upside, but another 3 pt performance isn't going to get me into the playoffs, and I have to think Crabtree will be good for minimum 8-10 pts vs. a depleted STL secondary. This sucks, haha.

anybody else have any input that'll sway me one way or the other within the next few hrs?

chgorman
12-04-2011, 06:34 PM
Damn, shoulda gone with Crabtree. Probably won't matter anyway. Started Beanie Wells and J.Stewart over S.Greene and Helu at RB which was the wrong decision too anyway. Bye bye playoffs.

Hamsterkill
12-05-2011, 02:41 PM
No one should have predicted Greene's big day. Half of his points were gifts. I know I had him riding the bench in favor of Wells, too.

chgorman
12-05-2011, 03:25 PM
On the brightside, looks like I might actually squeak into the playoffs, as I was sitting in the last playoff spot prior to the week and everyone else that had a chance to pass me and take the last playoff spot also lost, so looks like I'll probably hold onto that final playoff spot. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.