PDA

View Full Version : Trade Welker for Mendenhall?

chgorman
11-17-2011, 03:47 PM
0.5 PPR league. I've got Megatron, Fitz and Welker starting every week with B.Lloyd rotting on my bench every week. My RB's right now are Beanie Wells, BJGE, Moe Morris and Best, so I definitely need an upgrade at RB since it sounds like Best isn't going to be back anytime soon.

Sent out some emails to couple teams offering LLoyd for a decent RB, got and offer back - Welker for Mendenhall. Should I take it? I'm hesitant to move Welker as he's the #2 WR in this league behind Megatron and aside from last week, Mendenhall has been pretty mediocre. However I'm desperate for a decent RB so I'm seriously considering it. I'm going to counter with Lloyd for Mendenhall, but I doubt he goes for it.

If that's the case, should I just take the Welker for Mendenhall offer, or am I better off just holding on to both Welker and Lloyd in case of injury to CJ, Fitz or Welker?

He also has Forte (who he won't move), Mathews and Sproles, and his WR are Austin, Antonio Brown, Julio Jones, James Jones and Damian Williams.

Hamsterkill
11-17-2011, 04:05 PM
I feel like you should be able to get more than Mendenhall in return for Welker. Still, it does look like you're more desperate for a RB right now than he is for a receiver. I'd probably do it if I couldn't find a better return for him.

habsfan1
11-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I also think you can get more, maybe a Gore, McFadden, or a S. Jackson, especially in a ppr league. The other option is to trade Megatron for a Fred Jackson, McCoy, Forte.

eff1ngham
11-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Mendenhall sucks, if he doesn't get into the endzone he's worthless.

Offer Calvin Johnson for Forte and see what he does

looch17
11-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Aim higher than Mendy. He has been a bust this year.

chgorman
11-18-2011, 01:00 PM
thanks for the input guys. I'm likely keeping Megtron for next year (as well as Fitz) so I won't be making any trades involving them. If I move somebody, it's going to be Welker or Lloyd.

I rejected his Welker for Mendy offer and went back to him with Welker for Forte. I doubt he accepts, but they've scored almost the identical amt of fantasy pts so far, so it's not completely unreasonable. If he doesn't go for that, I'll try Lloyd for Mendy as a last resort.

looch17
11-18-2011, 02:11 PM
If he don't accept your latest offer then trying offering BGE/Welker for Forte +

chgorman
11-18-2011, 07:29 PM
Just got an offer from another guy - Turner for Megatron. Not gonna happen since I'm keepeing Calvin forever, but I'd like to get Turner. Is Welker too much to offer for Turner? I already know the other guy won't go for Lloyd.

Hamsterkill
11-18-2011, 07:39 PM
Turner's a better return for Welker than Mendenhall. I'd say take it if you can do that.