PDA

View Full Version : Which RB to start?

looch17
10-14-2011, 06:56 PM
I already have Forte going now I need to decide between these 3 for my 2nd RB? Standard settings, NO ppr and all TD's = 6pts.

Mendenhall vs JAC
Torain vs PHI
Thomas @ NYJ

Mendy is my 1st round pick and an easy start most weeks, but coming off of a hammy injury and they have already said they will "monitor" his work load. Torain I feel could go off this week, but you never know with Shanny what he will do with his RBs, Hightower? Thomas was limited in practice again today, but I have to think he will play and have a big role. Tough call what do you guys think?

FYI I have lost my last 2 weeks matchups my a combined total of 1.30 points so I am very hungry for a win.

FlyGuy78
10-14-2011, 09:33 PM
I go with Torain

Hamsterkill
10-15-2011, 12:01 AM
I gotta go with Mendenhall.

eff1ngham
10-15-2011, 02:53 AM
The only reason I'd say not to take Thomas is because of the Monday night game, and I don't like iffy player in late games. So I say Torain

Hockeyis#1
10-15-2011, 04:26 AM
I like Thomas here. Miami's passing game is questionable with Matt Moore at the helm (not like it was smooth sailing with Henne there to begin with) Thomas has been very effective vs Reggie Bush who has been his typical underwhelming self. While VS the Jets in NY certainly doesn't excite me, and they'll probably be behind and passing more, To me he's got the best shot for a full workload and good production.

I don't mind Torrain. Even if they split the workload, Shanny would be insane to not run the ball on the Eagles. Torrain SHOULD get his opportunities.

The fact that Mendenhall is your first round pick is irrelevant to whether or not you start him. There are a multitude of reasons to bench him this week though:
A) The O-Line has been awful at run blocking
B) He's coming off a hammy injury
C) Tomlin's said his workload isn't guaranteed
D) Redman is NOT on the injury report
E) The passing game looked great last week
F) Jacksonville has given up the 8th fewest fantasy points to RB in standard scoring leagues
G) I'm running out of letters....

looch17
10-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys I think I am going with Torain.