PDA

View Full Version : Andre Johnson on waivers

suckerpuncher
10-07-2011, 05:21 AM
In one of my leagues some dropped Andre Johnson.

Since we use the FAAB we have to put in a bid to claim someone from waivers. I still have my complete $100 budget.

Since it's only an 8 team league rosters are pretty good.
There are 2 other teams with $100, one team with $97, 2 with $75 and two teams with $47.

My team:
QB: Josh Freeman(QB)
WR: Hakeem Nicks(WR), Dwayne Bowe(WR), Santonio Holmes(WR)
RB: Adrian Peterson(RB), Fred Jackson(RB)
TE: Kellen Winslow(TE)
W/R: LeGarrette Blount(RB)
W/R/T: Frank Gore(RB)
BN: Tony Romo(QB), Reggie Bush(RB), Knowshon Moreno(RB), Mike Thomas(WR), Danny Amendola(WR), Sidney Rice(WR), C.J. Spiller(RB), Marcedes Lewis(TE)

K: John Kasay(K)

D: Stephen Tulloch(LB), Charles Tillman(CB)
DB: Eric Weddle(S), Donte Whitner(S)
DL: Trent Cole(DE), Jared Allen(DE)
LB: Brian Urlacher(LB), Derrick Johnson(LB)

Obviously Amendola is the one to boot since his done for the year.

How much of my $100 should I put in to claim him?

Snipes16
10-07-2011, 08:15 AM
With so many bench spots (8) I'd bid the whole Benjamin if I thought I were close to winning it this year...the weeks 12+ potential reward from AJ could trump his $100 injury risk and with 2 other owners sitting on 100..i'd be all in and pray he's got a hypobaric chamber to saw wood in.

looch17
10-07-2011, 08:44 AM
I agree with Snipes. I would be spending all my cash on Andre.

habsfan1
10-07-2011, 08:52 AM
I thought when I read the title this was going to be a should I pick him up thread, I guess I don't give people enough credit.

Anyways I agree with the 2 above me, spend it all on AJ.

Bubbles & Conkey
10-07-2011, 11:20 AM
I agree too... spend it all. What are the chances that another stud player will come available. even if he sits for a couple of weeks.

Get AJ!!! Money well spent!

b_illin
10-07-2011, 12:06 PM
The only problem that I have with blowing your wad is if you face a major injury later in the season, you're left with only FA options as you will not be able to bid on anyone else.

Dubz
10-07-2011, 12:28 PM
The only problem that I have with blowing your wad is if you face a major injury later in the season, you're left with only FA options as you will not be able to bid on anyone else.

How many 1st rounders do you think will become available. Maybe one more due to injury? Maybe two? OR Maybe NONE:p Its a pretty deep team hopefully he could manage a big injury.....at least thats the chance i would take.

eff1ngham
10-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Spend the whole thing, no question

King_Killah
10-09-2011, 09:17 AM
I would see if you could borrow a $1.00 from someone else and spend $101 on him.

suckerpuncher
10-09-2011, 03:27 PM
Got him. Thanks guys.

Now D. Williams and Schaub are on waivers and I'm out of money. Probably won't get them but still put in a $0 for each.