PDA

View Full Version : How does Dustin Brown compare to these wingers?

lektrix
10-01-2011, 09:13 AM
How would you compare Brown to these wingers?

Burrows
Jagr
Selanne
Doan
Hartnell
Cammalleri
Morrow
---
And compared to defensemen - Karlsson and Burns?

This question is for my Team #2 which is standard roto. I'm losing sleep because I keep thinking to myself - "Why did I draft this 55pt dud?"

TheGreatDane
10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, I'd definitely put him below Burrows, Selanne and Jags. He'd be even with Doan, Cammalleri, Doan and Hartnell.

He will be skating alongside Richards and Gagne, so who knows? I've always thought he's capable of 65-75pts pretty consistently, so maybe this year's the year.

lektrix
10-01-2011, 11:07 AM
Well, I'd definitely put him below Burrows, Selanne and Jags. He'd be even with Doan, Cammalleri, Doan and Hartnell.

He will be skating alongside Richards and Gagne, so who knows? I've always thought he's capable of 65-75pts pretty consistently, so maybe this year's the year.

Burrows yes. Selanne/Jagr, I don't know, just as risky. I'm kicking myself for taking Brown over Burrows, and he's a freakin' LW. What the hell was I thinking :\? Completely forgot that Kesler was hurt.....

This is going to sting for a while unless Brown can get me 70 points, 80 PIMs, 250SOG this season.

Raja
10-01-2011, 11:19 AM
they're all in the same bracket. selanne has the most upside but all of the players you listed will likely get between 55-65 points. don't sweat it.

Top_scorah
10-01-2011, 12:30 PM
But will Burrows get more PP time this year?

lektrix
10-01-2011, 01:00 PM
But will Burrows get more PP time this year?

And will he get +30 again and 100 PIMs...

Raja
10-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I don't think he'll get much more PP time. Brown's PPP and SOG will make up for any production (if any) missed. Burrows really settled down last year with the PIM's, I don't see them going much higher again. Dual eligibility is another bonus, especially if/when Hemsky gets hurt. Cup run hangover could also factor into any Canuck player's production. Brown with a full season of Kopitar/Richards instead of Stoll or Handzus half the time should help too. Burrows has only broken the 60 point barrier once, his offense isn't that much better anyways. Brown is entering his prime as well, but I'm not sure that will really matter much.

StoneyBlue
10-02-2011, 01:43 AM
As a Canucks fan I can tell you that Burrows will get you plenty of goals (think 30+), great +/- (think 30ish again), solid PIMs (80, maybe less), some SHP and around 60-65 pts. He is also quite durable.

Regarding his PPP:
With Kesler out to start the season, he will have an opportunity to replace him on the first unit as a screen but the question is, when will Kesler be back? His contribution on the 2nd unit is measly but if given the role, which he only started getting last year, he might be given a little boost if Hodgson can stick with the team as the QB on the second unit.

Conclusion:
Burrows got 67 pts in 09-10 with only 6 PPP. He has the talent, work ethic and the right teammates. The long playoff run however might have an effect on the entire team.