PDA

View Full Version : 1st Overall Pick, Keeper League, Draft Help

Core
09-28-2011, 04:10 PM
So it's the 3rd year in this keeper league I'm in and I landed 1st overall pick this year. I think I'm pretty set on choosing a goalie, since I need an upgrade, but I'm not sure who to pick. I suppose if someone sees something in the skater position that they think I shouldn't pass up let me know.

My Keepers right now

F - Thornton, Datsyuk, B. Ryan, Voracek, Boyes
D - Carlson, Campbell
G - Lehtonen

We can only keep 1 goalie each year, and I think Goalie is my biggest need as it stands right now. Here is who I have to pick from:

Vokoun, Hiller, Halak, Backstrom, Varlamov, Reimer, S. Mason, Rask, Schneider, Pavelec

There are more but those I think are probably the best available.
For skaters there isn't too much, at least I can't see taking anyone of these guys over a goalie.

Visnovsky, Ehrhoff, Eriksson, Brown, Hornqvist, Krejci, P. Bergeron, J. Neal, Stafford, Bourque, Kaberle, Moulson, Hornton

So the draft's today, and I'm leaning towards Halak. Any other opinions?

gogoayane
09-28-2011, 04:19 PM
Hiller or Halak are the best options... I prefer Hiller over Halak though.

Any chance you can trade that 1st round pick for a goalie? Trade your 1st and Lehtonen to a team that needs offense help? Are rookies like RNH, Schenn, Landeskog available for draft?

boredguy
09-28-2011, 04:21 PM
I prefer Hiller slightly over Halak but you should definitely take one of those 2.

toronto1979
09-28-2011, 05:20 PM
I'd lean the other way and go with Vokoun. He'll kick some ass with Washington this year and you can draft a new goalie next year since teams are only allowed to keep 1. The available list of goalies will be just as rich next season.

Core
09-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Hiller or Halak are the best options... I prefer Hiller over Halak though.

Any chance you can trade that 1st round pick for a goalie? Trade your 1st and Lehtonen to a team that needs offense help? Are rookies like RNH, Schenn, Landeskog available for draft?

Yeah all the new rookies will be available, don't think I'll be able to work a trade though.

bearcats
09-28-2011, 06:40 PM
oh man you know i would go with Halak, I think he finds his grove with the young St louis team and I am concerned about Hiller's Vertigo issues....that may sideline him again this season...

jeffoule
09-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Halak for me

looch17
09-28-2011, 09:15 PM
Hiller or Halak is who I would go with. Hiller if I had the choice.

Habber82
09-28-2011, 11:32 PM
Hiller for me, but you can't go wrong with Halak either....