PDA

View Full Version : Yet Another How Did I Do Thread

nords
09-28-2011, 07:12 AM
I picked 11 out of 12 in a keeper H2H pool. We keep 4 and will likely expand that to 6.
Stats: G, A, +/-, PIM, PPG, PPA, SOG, W, GAA, SV, SV%
POS: 2C, 2L, 2R, 4D, 3UTL, 2G, 2BN

My strategy going in:
- Focus on PP players with good SOG totals.
- Sacrifice PIM for offence and decent +/-
- Take dual eligibility as a tie breaker
- Take only 1 goalie later to go with keepers and only 3D

C: Crosby, McDonald (C/L), Berglund, J Staal (C/L)
L: Sharp (C/L), Doan (L/R), Hall, Whitney
R: St. Louis, Selanne, Hossa
D: Yandle, Seabrook, Wideman
G: Bryzgalov, Hiller, Varlamov

I think I ended up with more concentration than I would like in Chicago and Phoenix.

nords
09-28-2011, 07:32 AM
Not sure if I should do any moves but here are the top FAs:

Centers: O Jokinen, Peverley, Stoll, Marchand, Fisher, Little, Boyle, Zajac, Frolik (C/R), Stepan, Horcoff, Oshie, Gomez, Legwand, Antropov, Gerbe, Nugent-Hopkins, B Schenn, Gagner

LW: Versteeg, Omark, Laich, Smyth, Gagne, Bertuzzi, Kennedy (L/R), Carcillo, MacArthur, Malone, Prust, Ruutu

RW: Little, Setoguchi, D'Agostino, Okposo, Clutterbuck, Knuble, Purcell, Ryder, Wheeler, Brouwer, Neil, Kopecky, Cleary, Kennedy, Upshall, Holmstrom

D: Souray, Bieksa, Carle, Leopold, I White, Bouwmeester, Babchuk, Meszaros, M Staal, Foster, Robidas, Zidlicky, Girardi

Goalies: Bernier, Nabokov, Dipietro, Bob, Khabbi, Hedberg, Clemmenson, C Mason, Enroth, Lindback, Garon, Ellis

I like Gagne and I White but don't know who to drop. Also B Schenn would be good but I doubt he is worth a spot this year in this limited keeper.

toronto1979
09-28-2011, 11:09 AM
I'd consider dropping Varlamov for Bernier - but with Saves as a category you might be better of with Varly since he's going to see a lot of rubber.

Wideman would be the only guy I'd drop for White (Green might play with Hamrlik), but I wouldn't take Gagne or Schenn with that limited amount of keepers.

nords
09-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Thanks toronto. With the save category, I think I would prefer to keep three starters. I plan to only use Varly sparingly depending how the week is going but his advantage over Bernier is that he will likely start when I need him to play....which Bernier may not.

I agree that I should watch Wideman closely. If he doesn't get PP1, I think White could be a better option. I hope to make the call early on that one.