PDA

View Full Version : Kulikov or Rundblad

looch17
09-24-2011, 11:07 PM
Rundblad is currently my 6th D and we have to have all 6 D spots full. They have to be active players though. If Rundblad gets sent down, goes to Sweden then I am screwed and have to drop him, someone else from my roster.

I put him on the block today and I got offered Kulikov. He unlike Rundblad is guaranteed playing time and he is still only 20 years old. Should I take my chances with Rundblad or take Kulikov?

Rest of team and settings in sig below.

bearcats
09-24-2011, 11:22 PM
ya do it IMO

moans
09-24-2011, 11:27 PM
No doubt in my mind that Rundblad will be the better player but I think he gets some time in the AHL to start the year. I'd probably make that move.

looch17
09-24-2011, 11:30 PM
Thanks guys. Another option is for me to drop one of my players (not sure who though) for a FA D which are very, very slim pickings. That would allow me to hold Rundblad for now, but since I don't really have anyone to drop I am thinking trade is the way to go. What should I expect with Kulikov?

bearcats
09-24-2011, 11:36 PM
8 goals, 28 assists....-18, 50 PIMS...I would say he could improve on those numbers but it really depends on whom he plays with and whether the crap load of mediocore talent the Tallon brought in works as a team...

looch17
09-24-2011, 11:38 PM
Those numbers don't look too exciting. Maybe I ought to just wait it out.

Raja
09-25-2011, 01:30 AM
Kulikov will be leaps and bounds better than Rundblad this season.

looch17
09-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Yeah I figured that much, but think more along the lines of Rundblad helping me a little this year and more in the future. If you guys think that Kulikov will help me more now and in the future as well i guess I should make the deal.

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:01 AM
He has Hamonic too should I ask for him instead of Kulikov?

bearcats
09-25-2011, 09:13 AM
I like hamonic more than kulikov for sure...try it

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks just made the offer while still keeping Kulikov one on the table in case he says no. I could always send Kulikov to a team I know is looking to get younger on the blue line for a more proven player.

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Just got a trade offer from a different team for Souray. Better or worse option than Kulikov and maybe even Hamonic?

bearcats
09-25-2011, 09:29 AM
meh...souray is a gamble for sure...only markov has a higher risk/reward this year than sheldon on D IMO......but bombs from the blue line fed from goligoski and PIMs are nice but IMO Hamonic is the better bet here...

Raja
09-25-2011, 09:31 AM
I don't like Hamonic as much as either of those guys, and I don't like Souray more than any. I really like Rundblad, but I don't think his upside is much higher than Kulikov, and at this point he'll likely take at least a year or two longer to reach it. Hamonic has to deal with a healthy Souray this year, McDonald emerging, and de Haan coming up as well.

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:32 AM
OK so I will go after Hamonic first, if he says no take Kulikov or Souray?

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't like Hamonic as much as either of those guys, and I don't like Souray more than any. I really like Rundblad, but I don't think his upside is much higher than Kulikov, and at this point he'll likely take at least a year or two longer to reach it. Hamonic has to deal with a healthy Souray this year, McDonald emerging, and de Haan coming up as well.
Isn't Souray playing for the Stars while Hamonic plays for the Isles?

EDIT: you probably meant to say healthy Streit.

bearcats
09-25-2011, 09:34 AM

you mean streit?

for me this year I would take

hamonic
souray
kulikov in that order

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:35 AM
you mean streit?

for me this year I would take

hamonic
souray
kulikov in that order
Right, but I am looking big picture somewhat too (keeper league) which I why I am leaning towards Hamonic/Kulikov over Souray.

bearcats
09-25-2011, 09:40 AM
IMO if you are looking at the big picture Rundblad really is the only choice.....kulikov IMO will never be a premier fantasy Dman....Hamonic as Raja stated will have alot of competition for offensive production...but what he has is a 30-40 pt production with over 100 PIMS and that sets him way above kulikov...Souray is really only in the discussion if you want potentially big production this year at risk of losing a young dman...

Raja
09-25-2011, 09:44 AM
Yes I meant Streit. Kulikov should get around 35 this season, he's had decent progression. Why don't you like him bearcats?

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:45 AM
Well the thing is if Rundblad goes to AHL/Sweden which it looks like it will happen then I am stuck with having to drop him, someone else for a D. The D available are pretty bad options so looking for a trade. I like Hamonic for the PIMs and decent amount of points he gives. I don't know anything about Kulikov, but I do know he is young and should anchor the PP for a few years in Florida. The young part is intriguing since it allows him to grow into something more. Souray is pretty much for this year yes and the owner pulled his offer atm so it looks like Kulikov, Hamonic or keep Rundblad and drop someone for a crappy D.

looch17
09-25-2011, 09:51 AM
Maybe I will just take Kulikov to be done with it. Then if I can get another team to bite on him for a more proven player that would be another option.

bearcats
09-25-2011, 09:52 AM
if you are going to lose Rundblad then you need to get a replacement...IMO I like hamonic's game and potential more than kulikov's

Raja, I don't dislike him but I feel that Hamonic also being a young guy in a great situation in with a very young promising team is a better fit for fantasy purposes....

Kulikov may have youth, potential and soupy as a mentor but IMO the isles situation is MUCH better than the mess that Tallon has in florida....

I also see that your team could use the PIMS....to compliment stewart, backes, lucic, brown

looch17
09-25-2011, 10:00 AM
if you are going to lose Rundblad then you need to get a replacement...IMO I like hamonic's game and potential more than kulikov's

Raja, I don't dislike him but I feel that Hamonic also being a young guy in a great situation in with a very young promising team is a better fit for fantasy purposes....

Kulikov may have youth, potential and soupy as a mentor but IMO the isles situation is MUCH better than the mess that Tallon has in florida....

I also see that your team could use the PIMS....to compliment stewart, backes, lucic, brown
Yeah the PIMs would definitely help. I could add a guy like Carkner, but I had done that before and it never worked out for me. Rather have a guy that can have a chance to produce on a nightly basis. Plus adding Carkner means dropping someone.

bearcats
09-25-2011, 10:08 AM
PIMS could help....you have a tough choice to make...

looch17
09-25-2011, 10:20 AM
LOL I hear ya man. Thankfully I have a great site like this to help me out.

looch17
09-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Being offered Souray/Comeau for Rundblad/Zuccarello now. Different team from Kulikov/Hamonic offers.

So I have these 3 offers, proposals out there...

Got offered Kulikov for Rundblad
Countered with Hamonic for Rundblad
Got offered Souray/Comeau for Rundblad/Zuccarello

bearcats
09-25-2011, 10:52 AM
I like zuccarello more than comeau....

looch17
09-25-2011, 10:54 AM
I like zuccarello more than comeau....
Me too. Think its going to come down to him accepting my deal for Hamonic or me taking Kulikov if he don't. Thanks to you and Raja for the help. You guys are awesome!

bearcats
09-25-2011, 10:59 AM
no worries...hamonic/kulikov are pretty close so you really can't go wrong either way...travis' PIMS (along with stewart/backes/brown/lucic/jj....will win you that cat many weeks

looch17
09-25-2011, 11:46 AM
Got Hamonic!

looch17
09-25-2011, 11:59 AM
Now hopefully Zuccarello makes the club and I don't have to drop him. Thanks for all the help guys!

bearcats
09-25-2011, 02:29 PM
good job...I think you will like him on your team...I had him on 1 of my teams last season and I liked it..

looch17
09-25-2011, 02:31 PM
Love me some PIM guys so very happy. Plus he is still young and can put up some points as well. Thanks again for your help. Saw you added Oshie in your other thread nice move.

bearcats
09-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Love me some PIM guys so very happy. Plus he is still young and can put up some points as well. Thanks again for your help. Saw you added Oshie in your other thread nice move.

ya oshie could put up some good numbers this year....