PDA

View Full Version : I'm screwed eh??? $$$ Roto League with HTS & BLK...please rate my crap ass team!

lektrix
09-20-2011, 11:26 PM
$$$ Y! 14-team Rotisserie Max 82GP - G A +- PPP SOG HTS BLK | W GAA SV% SHO

1. (14) Sidney Crosby (Pit - C)
-Notable options: Parise, Kovalchuk, Zetterberg - all small gambles - so what choice did I really have?
2. (15) Ilya Bryzgalov (Phi - G)
3. (42) Patrick Marleau (SJ - LW)
-He was the last freakin' Tier 1/2 LW remaining...
4. (43) Jaroslav Halak (StL - G)
-Notable options: Ward, Brodeur, Hiller - Will I regret taking Halak?
5. (70) Dustin Brown (LA - RW)
6. (71) Mike Richards (LA - C)
-Notable options: Gaborik - Will I regret skipping Gabby?
7. (98) Mark Streit (NYI - D)
8. (99) Semyon Varlamov (Col - G)
-Notable options: Benn - Should I have taken Benn as my 2nd LW instead of screwing someone over in goaltending?!?
9. (126) Tuukka Rask (Bos - G)
10. (127) Ales Hemsky (Edm - RW)
11. (154) Erik Johnson (Col - D)
12. (155) James Neal (Pit - LW)
13. (182) Stephane Robidas (Dal - D)
14. (183) Brooks Laich (Was - LW)
15. (210) Steve Ott (Dal - C)
16. (211) Ville Leino (Buf - LW)
17. (238) Jakub Voracek (Phi - RW)
18. (239) Victor Hedman (TB - D)

Team Depth Chart:

2C: Crosby, M. Richards, Ott
2L: Marleau, Neal, Leino
2R: Brown, Hemsky, Voracek
4D: Streit, Robidas, E. Johnson, Hedman
1U: Laich
2G: Bryzgalov, Halak, Varlamov, Rask

-----

-I need Crosby to score 100+ points for a chance of winning....

-I need Brown to continue the 300+ hits and score me some points....

-I definitely need to package Varlamov + Winger to upgrade my offense. There are 3 teams in the league with less than 2 solid starters.

-If not though, I'm confident I can place Top-3 in the four goalie categories easily (by spot starting Varly and Rask here and there)

-My first time playing with HTS & BLK...Lots of WW FA can fulfill those categories it seems..

-I hate drafting f'kin last!!!!!!!!!

Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Much appreciated!

Raja
09-21-2011, 07:33 AM
Your team looks just fine, but 4 goalies was definitely a mistake.

toronto1979
09-21-2011, 08:40 AM
Crosby is a great pick in roto because you have to look at per game production. He'll give you a huge bump once he returns.

Brown and Richards are money.

Your D are a little dicey, but if they perform, you can compete.

phaneuf6
09-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Is Luke Schenn available?

lektrix
09-21-2011, 10:21 AM
Your team looks just fine, but 4 goalies was definitely a mistake.

I didn't know who else to pick, no one remaining stood out unless it was a player specifically for BLK/HTS. With 14 teams in the league and only 20-25 decent starters in the NHL, that's less than 2 starters per fantasy team. With 162GP, you pretty much need 2.5 starters to fulfill all those GP.

FA WW: Hedberg, Ellis, Conklin, Clemmensen, Lindback, Enroth, Holtby, Elliott, Boucher, Salak, Budah, Harding, Raycroft

Here are three potential trading partners with shitty goaltending:

Team 1 Goalies: Dubnyk, Montoya
Trading Assets: B. Richards, E. Staal, D. Sedin, Burrows, Semin, Green, Boyle, Keith, Karlsson, Grabovski

Team 2 Goalies: Luongo, Neuvirth
Trading Assets: Kopitar, Giroux, JVR, Eriksson, Duchene, Carlson, Markov, Fowler

Team 3 Goalies: Theodore, DiPietro
Trading Assets: Backstrom, Kesler, Iginla, Doughty, Visnovsky, Byfuglien, Ehrhoff

What do you guys think? Who should I go after?

Crosby is a great pick in roto because you have to look at per game production. He'll give you a huge bump once he returns.

Brown and Richards are money.

Your D are a little dicey, but if they perform, you can compete.

Streit needs to get me 60 points. Robidas was solid last year with 216 HTS and 135 BLK. Aside from that, I am screwed lol. Which defenseman will help put me over the top? Mike Green?

Is Luke Schenn available?

Nope.

FA D: M. Greene, Peckham, Regehr, Coburn, Hamhuis, Foster, McQuaid, Demers, Boychuk, MacDonald, Martin, Bouwmeester, Brewer, Coburn, Tyutin, Sarich, Gilbert, Stuart, Murray, Beauchemin, Ballard, Hejda, Bogosian

Habber82
09-21-2011, 11:05 AM
Theo Peckham stands out as a hitter and PIM producer.

Otherwise, I think you did OK. I would have taken Benn (who's also a good hitter) in place of Varlamov. You didn't need to take a third goalie that early and Rask is a more than sufficient third.

Habber82
09-21-2011, 11:06 AM
3 D that would put over the top in this league: Chara, Subban, Letang

lektrix
09-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Theo Peckham stands out as a hitter and PIM producer.

Otherwise, I think you did OK. I would have taken Benn (who's also a good hitter) in place of Varlamov. You didn't need to take a third goalie that early and Rask is a more than sufficient third.

No PIM in my league. Peckham over Hedman?

Yes I might regret not drafting Benn. If he plays 2C as most sites state he would, I may not feel too too bad.

I may have dodged a bullet. I compared Benn and Neal's statlines....they are very similar.

Neal has more hits, 200+ SOG, and almost two 30G seasons under his belt. Entering his 4th year this season. Hopefully a healthy Crosby or Malkin can get him to 70 points this year....

3 D that would put over the top in this league: Chara, Subban, Letang

Probably can't get any of them......what about players from these teams?

Team 1 Goalies: Dubnyk, Montoya
Trading Assets: B. Richards, E. Staal, D. Sedin, Burrows, Semin, Green, Boyle, Keith, Karlsson, Grabovski

Team 2 Goalies: Luongo, Neuvirth
Trading Assets: Kopitar, Giroux, JVR, Eriksson, Duchene, Carlson, Markov, Fowler

Team 3 Goalies: Theodore, DiPietro
Trading Assets: Backstrom, Kesler, Iginla, Doughty, Visnovsky, Byfuglien, Ehrhoff

lektrix
09-21-2011, 11:40 AM
Other notable FAs

Brian Boyle - 35pts, 218SOG, 240 Hits, 86 Blocks - Should I drop Ott and pick him up?!?
Teddy Purcell - 50 points, 200 SOG, but no Hits or Blocks
Fisher - 36 points, 192 SOG, 135 Hits, 90 Blocks
Okposo...

toronto1979
09-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Play it cool for now and stick with what you have for the first couple weeks then re-assess based on where you stand in each category.

The guys on the WW aren't going anywhere any time soon otherwise they would've been drafted.

Don't over-react.

Habber82
09-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Agree, give your team some time and see how you start out. You can always tinker via trade in a couple months.

Just out of curiousity, are Hamonic, Seidenberg, or Matt Martin available?

Doctego
09-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Don't go crazy with goaltending in a roto league, especially 1 that big. No one will come close to hitting their games played number in net.

lektrix
09-21-2011, 02:49 PM
Agree, give your team some time and see how you start out. You can always tinker via trade in a couple months.

Just out of curiousity, are Hamonic, Seidenberg, or Matt Martin available?

Only Martin.

The teams with crappy/no goaltending are starting up trade proposals.

lektrix
09-22-2011, 04:37 PM
What do you guys think of this trade proposal?

My Halak and Richards for his Green and E. Staal......
Or
My Varlamov and Laichs for his Green (long shot)

toronto1979
09-23-2011, 07:11 AM
What do you guys think of this trade proposal?

My Halak and Richards for his Green and E. Staal......
Or
My Varlamov and Laichs for his Green (long shot)

Guys won't overpay for goaltending yet. They will later. Put the mouse down and walk away.

szuturon
09-23-2011, 09:52 AM
If you can get away with dealing Varlamov only, I'd do that. I would keep Halak.

habsfan1
09-23-2011, 10:00 AM
I think you should be patient, also. You've got a good team IMO fit a 14 team league and if Crosby comes through you'll be very happy about getting the best player with the lag pick in the first round. Wait for few weeks into the season and them start making trades when the other owners fully understand how dire their goalie situations are.

lektrix
09-23-2011, 11:51 AM
Guys won't overpay for goaltending yet. They will later. Put the mouse down and walk away.

If you can get away with dealing Varlamov only, I'd do that. I would keep Halak.

I think you should be patient, also. You've got a good team IMO fit a 14 team league and if Crosby comes through you'll be very happy about getting the best player with the lag pick in the first round. Wait for few weeks into the season and them start making trades when the other owners fully understand how dire their goalie situations are.

Okay, but this guy messaged the entire league and also initiated trade talks with me. He asked about Bryzgalov and while I gave him the generic "Anyone is tradeable as long as the deal is right for me" response, I also made it known to him that he is not in a position to bargain and he would have to overpay for my goalies. I don't want to miss the opportunity, but I also don't want to waste each others time, you know?

I'm thinking...if it comes down to Bryz, I might propose my Bryzgalov, Hedman, Leino/Laichs for his D. Sedin, Green/Boyle/Keith lol. I'd roll the dice with Halak (65 starts), Varlamov (50-60 starts), Rask (40 starts) maybe.

szuturon
09-23-2011, 12:09 PM
Yea... that would do... could bundle something with Halak, Varly, or Rask if you really need to pick up a goaltender later.

toronto1979
09-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm thinking...if it comes down to Bryz, I might propose my Bryzgalov, Hedman, Leino/Laichs for his D. Sedin, Green/Boyle/Keith lol. I'd roll the dice with Halak (65 starts), Varlamov (50-60 starts), Rask (40 starts) maybe.

Don't trade Bryz. You're being very generous with your projections for Varly and Rask. All you need is for one of those guys to go down with an injury and you're screwed. What do you think the over/under is for Varly's first high ankle sprain? November 20th?

I agree with Suzy. I'd keep Halak. If you really feel the need to trade a goalie, trade Varly or Rask. But Halak and Bryz should remain on your roster unless you're getting a goalie in return.

lektrix
09-23-2011, 01:53 PM
Don't trade Bryz. You're being very generous with your projections for Varly and Rask. All you need is for one of those guys to go down with an injury and you're screwed. What do you think the over/under is for Varly's first high ankle sprain? November 20th?

I agree with Suzy. I'd keep Halak. If you really feel the need to trade a goalie, trade Varly or Rask. But Halak and Bryz should remain on your roster unless you're getting a goalie in return.

In that case, I'd have to pick up Cedrick Desjardins (not too shabby), because I don't see Giguere holding up either. I read somewhere that Rask was getting 35-40 starts. I'm trading with teams that have no goalies, so there is no way I'm getting a goalie return. It's why they must overpay me well for a goalie to make it worth my while.

lektrix
09-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Hedberg and Conklin just got picked off waivers in the first day. They may not seem important, but 10-15GP spot starts with 10W can go along way to gaining 2-3 points in the goalie categories.

Raja
09-23-2011, 04:55 PM
they also take up a roster spot to start 15 games out of 82. wait until a good deal comes along.

bearcats
09-23-2011, 05:01 PM
the only goalies that you should be offering up are rask and varly....bryz and halak can't get moved unless you get a true proven , non injury riddled starter back like ward/miller/price/rinne/luongo/lundy etc..

lektrix
10-04-2011, 11:26 PM
Crosby hit the IR. Should I pick up Marcus Johansson?

lektrix
10-06-2011, 11:37 AM
bump! Who should I pick up?

Raja
10-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Make your own decisions! I only saw a list of 4 forwards and I'd pick up Okposo out of that group. hard to say though with such limited options.