09-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I am still newbie in fantasy football. Here is the team I drafted:

QB: T.Romo, M.Sanchez
RB: R.Mendenhall, J.Stewart, R.Torain, D.Carter
WR: P.Harvin, M.Williams, A.Collie, J.Ford, E.Sanders
TE: M.Lewis
DEF: Giants
K: S.Janikowski

Do you see any WW players that worth a grab. Any help would be very appreciated.

WR:
Randall Cobb, GB WR
Devery Henderson, NO WR
Early Doucet, Ari WR
Doug Baldwin, Sea WR
Brian Hartline, Mia WR
Jabar Gaffney, Wsh WR
Michael Jenkins, Min WR
Devin Hester, Chi WR

RB:
Derrick Ward, Hou RB
Chester Taylor, Ari RB

QB:
Cam Newton, Car QB
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB
Chad Henne, Mia QB
Rex Grossman, Wsh QB

Many thanks

b_illin
09-13-2011, 03:50 PM
Is this a PPR league (where you get points for each reception/catch)? Knowing the scoring setup will help everyone make informed comments...

Without knowing the scoring setup, I'd say that you need a better RB2 - you'll likely have to trade for that need.

I'd drop Sanders and maybe even Ford for Henderson & Doucet...and if it's PPR, Gaffney has value too.

Those QB's would be sideways moves although Newton & Fitz certainly put up crazy numbers last week. Is this a league where you start two QB's?

jeffoule
09-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Is this a PPR league (where you get points for each reception/catch)? Knowing the scoring setup will help everyone make informed comments...

Without knowing the scoring setup, I'd say that you need a better RB2 - you'll likely have to trade for that need.

I'd drop Sanders and maybe even Ford for Henderson & Doucet...and if it's PPR, Gaffney has value too.

Those QB's would be sideways moves although Newton & Fitz certainly put up crazy numbers last week. Is this a league where you start two QB's?

yes it's PPR, we get :
0.5 points per reception.
6 points for a TD
2 points for a TD conversion
1 point for each 20 rushing/receiving yards
2 points bonus for 200+ rushing/receiving yards
etc.

We only start one QB. Sanchez is actually my backup.

King_Killah
09-13-2011, 04:30 PM
I am still newbie in fantasy football. Here is the team I drafted:

QB: T.Romo, M.Sanchez
RB: R.Mendenhall, J.Stewart, R.Torain, D.Carter
WR: P.Harvin, M.Williams, A.Collie, J.Ford, E.Sanders
TE: M.Lewis
DEF: Giants
K: S.Janikowski

Do you see any WW players that worth a grab. Any help would be very appreciated.

WR:
Randall Cobb, GB WR
Devery Henderson, NO WR
Early Doucet, Ari WR
Doug Baldwin, Sea WR
Brian Hartline, Mia WR
Jabar Gaffney, Wsh WR
Michael Jenkins, Min WR
Devin Hester, Chi WR

RB:
Derrick Ward, Hou RB
Chester Taylor, Ari RB

QB:
Cam Newton, Car QB
Ryan Fitzpatrick, Buf QB
Chad Henne, Mia QB
Rex Grossman, Wsh QB

Many thanks

I would take any one of those WW QBs over Sanchez EXCEPT Grossman. I have Sanchez on a team or two, and I am ready to dump him. Do you believe in the hype of Newton?? He won't put up 400+ next week (or any week for the rest of the season) but he will be solid. Fitzpatrick is playing with confidence. Henne is playing with a chip. Everyone has been shitting on him, he's out to prove something.

The RBs on the WW are no better than what you have.

I like your receivers for the most part. I might look at Hester or Doucet to replace Ford or Sanders, maybe.

b_illin
09-13-2011, 09:46 PM
In a PPR with 20yds/pt, I like Gaffney. He should get 70+ REC's which makes him sneaky valuable. Try to get players with lots of REC's at RB/WR/TE as that 0.5pt/reception is valuable. (Eg. 3 REC, 100yds = 6.5pt; 6 REC, 60yds = 6pt)

Get the high volume guys.

habsfan1
09-13-2011, 10:52 PM
Fitzpatrick over Sanchez

jeffoule
09-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Appreciate your comment guys.

I will probably put a waiver on Doucet (dump Ford) and grab Newton (dump Sanchez).

I might take a flyer on Gaffney too, but not quite sure if I want to drop Sanders...

eff1ngham
09-14-2011, 12:14 PM
I wouldn't waste a waiver claim on any of those players. Save it for someone better. Furthermore I wouldn't add anyone other than Firtzpatrick over Sanchez, but even then it's not like you're ever going to play him over Romo except for the bye week so don't waste a waiver claim on them.

Who are the FA TEs, there might be someone better than Lewis out there

jeffoule
09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
TE:
Chris Cooley, Wsh TE
Scott Chandler, Buf TE
Jermaine Gresham, Cin TE
Brent Celek, Phi TE
Ed Dickson, Bal TE
Jeff King, Ari TE
Benjamin Watson, Cle TE
Todd Heap, Ari TE
Fred Davis, Wsh TE
Dan Gronkowski, NE TE
Anthony Fasano, Mia TE
Tony Scheffler, Det TE
Jeremy Shockey, Car TE
Heath Miller, Pit TE

That's basically it. Any upgrades?

b_illin
09-14-2011, 01:54 PM
Keep an eye on Dickson, Watson, the other TE in CLE (Moore?) and Gresham.

Edit: I'd drop Lewis for Gronkowski - with your scoring, you want a TE that scores a lot or has a lot of REC's....Gronk will score a lot in that offense.

Pick them up as FA's though, don't burn your waiver priority unless you're towards the back.

eff1ngham
09-14-2011, 01:56 PM
Maybe Gresham, but not with a waiver, just if he becomes a FA

Hamsterkill
09-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Keep an eye on Dickson, Watson, the other TE in CLE (Moore?) and Gresham.

Edit: I'd drop Lewis for Gronkowski - with your scoring, you want a TE that scores a lot or has a lot of REC's....Gronk will score a lot in that offense.

Pick them up as FA's though, don't burn your waiver priority unless you're towards the back.
No. Dan Gronkowski is not Rob Gronkowski.

jeffoule
09-14-2011, 10:40 PM
No. Dan Gronkowski is not Rob Gronkowski.

Good point!

b_illin
09-15-2011, 09:34 AM
Didn't notice that, just saw Gronk and NE listed as the team....thought Dan played for Denver??? (Edit: didn't know he was released and picked up by NE...my bad)