robbie lu, toews,jeff carter and giroux

as u can see, i have no LW.

i have the 1st overall pick, and the players most likely available are

heatley (RW)
gabby (LW)
benn (LW)
semin (LW)
vanek (LW)

eric staal and dats should also be out there, but grabbing a 3rd C would put me behind the 8 ball. who would u grab with the 1st overall pick?

bearcats
09-11-2011, 08:58 AM
grab datsyuk without question.....he is listed as a LW...in yahoo anyway...

Rocklobster
09-11-2011, 09:40 AM
sounds like it's not a yahoo league.

gabby lw, semin lw...

if those are your set keepers, I would target gabby, semin, vanek in that order but of course high risk of both gabby and semin, but if they stay healthy they have a better upside than vanek.

Of course it's also hard to pass up on staal and datsyuk. if dats does get lw in your league or if he had it previous years, draft him.

Raja
09-11-2011, 09:46 AM
semin.

boredguy
09-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Semin.

Cornholio
09-11-2011, 01:59 PM
datsyuk if he's LW, then semin, vanek, gaborik

dman2143
09-11-2011, 08:33 PM
so everybody believes semin will have a bounce back year? his injury issues, plus his just not caring are hard to bye as a 1st overall. vanek may be streaky, but u know youll get 70 points at least out of him. why the love for semin?

bearcats
09-11-2011, 08:36 PM
semin is better than vanek......

having said that if Datsyuk is on the table if you are not in yahoo and he is only listed as a C.....draft Datsyuk.....use a C to make a trade for a LWer....sometimes you just have to take the best Player available and work out a deal.....

dman2143
09-11-2011, 08:48 PM
C for LW trades are almost impossible based on the fact nobody has a LW to burn. looking at keepers and whos available, im not trading a last rd carter or a 13th rd toews. and nobody will pay a quality LW for a 1st rd dats that they wont keep...

bearcats
09-11-2011, 08:56 PM
so then you need to have a package deal of sorts...IMO if Datsyuk is available take him and work out a deal throught the season.....you need three C's anyway......so what if your loaded to the tits down the middle with toews/dats/carter.......you have a yound keeper stud in Giroux at right...so throughout the year you need to turn a C package into a keeper LW in a deal..should be attainable...

looch17
09-11-2011, 08:57 PM
Semin

Raja
09-11-2011, 10:13 PM
so everybody believes semin will have a bounce back year? his injury issues, plus his just not caring are hard to bye as a 1st overall. vanek may be streaky, but u know youll get 70 points at least out of him. why the love for semin?

Why wouldn't he? Washington in general had a down year, it'll be very hard to believe him, ovy, green, and backstrom don't all improve next year. not caring has nothing to do with fantasy hockey.

i don't know why you think you "know" you'll get 70 points out of vanek. Aside from last year, he hasn't scored more than 64 points for 4 seasons, and that's the only other time. In 77 more games, Vanek only has 32 more points than Semin. Vanek will get less than half the pims Semin does, and probably close to 1/3rd of the +/-. PPP is close to even, GWG is a crapshoot, and depending on how many games he plays semin will out shoot him as well.

I'd much rather take the risk on a player that was on a 94 point pace last year and 104 before that than maybe get 65 points. There's a very good chance Semin could play 15 less games than Vanek and still do better.

habsfan1
09-11-2011, 11:05 PM
I'd take Semin, bounce back year for him and the rest of the Caps, as well he is in the final year of his contract.

My only other option would be Gaborik, big upside playing with Richards.

Vanek's upside won't win you pools and from the sounds of it you would have a hard time trading Datsyuk for something worthy.

Raja
09-11-2011, 11:24 PM
I'd take Semin, bounce back year for him and the rest of the Caps, as well he is in the final year of his contract.

to be fair, this is the third season in a row he'll be in the last year of his contract :p

bearcats
09-11-2011, 11:40 PM
I would still take Datsyuk and make a deal

Dubz
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
Im gonna take a shot at Gaborik here.

Buckethead
09-11-2011, 11:44 PM
I think you know my answer..

75 games for Semin will have him leading this group in points.