PDA

View Full Version : Impact Goalie Prospects

Shtand
09-06-2011, 07:06 PM
I have Price tied down to fill the one goalie spot in my 20 team league, but due to their value and in case of injury, I am hoping to draft a young goalie with the potential to steal some starts this year. (Likely planning to use my extra acquired 2nd round pick, 12th round overall.) I can guarantee any reasonable current starter will not be thrown back into the draft.

Outside of Schneider (likely kept or gone before my pick), Markstrom, Salak, are there any other names I should be targeting?

Lindback looks like a promising young goalie with his starts last year, but is being kept by the Rinne owner in my league.

I saw the name Dekanich thrown out there as well in the sleepers thread, and will have to look into him further.

Thought this might be an interesting discussion for those in deep keepers and look forward to the posts.

Raja
09-06-2011, 07:15 PM
Dekanich for sure. I don't think Markstrom plays this year. Lindback is solid, but I don't think he'll see much time if Rinne is healthy. Montoya or Poulin could be big in NYI. Not prospects, but keep an eye on C. Mason and Labarbera. Desjardins has a pretty good chance as both Varly and giggy are injury risks. I guess Bachman has an outside shot if Lehtonen gets hurt.

bearcats
09-06-2011, 07:22 PM
there are a number of youngsters up and coming but out of the list below I would guess that schnieder/bernier are your best bet to steal games but that is not a suprise...IMO they are ready to #1 g's in the NHL

the one that intrigues me here is Olivier Roy.....with a young edmonton team, they just may give this kid a look to see if he can grow with this young core.....

schnieder
bernier
desjardines
lehner
enroth
dekanich
lindback
karlsson
jack campbell
olivier roy
bishop

alias
09-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I like Karlsson playing behind Kiprusoff. Kipper's numbers weren't great last year and I think I heard they were going to rest Kipper a bit more this year.

Habber82
09-06-2011, 08:52 PM
I really like Enroth. he'll see more time as Miller seemed to fade as the season wore on last year. Surely they'll give Enroth more starts to rest Miller for the playoffs.

Also, I expect Harding to get moved this season or at least see more starts if MIN wants to showcase him.

Lindback is full capable of competing at this level and will for sure see some high quality starts behind Rinne.

Those are my top three, but you might also consider:

Cedrick Desjardins is an interesting one. Won't get full time starter status this year, but could surprise esp. if Varly and Giguere get injured - which they both seem to be quite often.... Liked what he did last year in his few games.

Also, I'll put Holtby's name out there. Doubtful he sees many games *this* year, but is only a Vokoun injury and a Neuvirth slump away from regular time. Really showed that he is capable of playing at this level right now.

Habber82
09-06-2011, 09:30 PM
Also, guys like Dubnyk and Conklin will get their fair share of starts this year.

toronto1979
09-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Not necessarily a "prospect" or even a good goalie for that matter, but if Clemmensen isn't being kept I suspect he'll see a lot of ice playing behind Theodore in Florida*.

* That team should just be exploded.

Cornholio
09-07-2011, 12:27 PM
do you guys think nabokov will play?
is he worth drafting?

Gambit
09-07-2011, 02:05 PM
Joni Ortio(Flames), Brad Thiessen(Penguins) and Ben Scrivens(Maple Leafs) are three lesser known names to watch over the next year.