PDA

View Full Version : Keeper League Question

unhskb4
09-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Hey guys, I am in a Keeper league this year and the rules were set up pretty close to draft date.

One of the rules is when you decide to keep someone you lose a pick one round higher in next years draft. So for example if I draft Tom Brady in round 3 and keep him i lose my second round pick in next years draft. This rule makes it so that you can not keep your first round pick.

My question: If I selected Blount in the 3rd round and Eli in the 6th round and i traded for Mendenhall (1st round) and Big Ben (5th round) how does this work. Does this mean i can not keep medenhall cause he was selected in the first round?

Nobody thought to worry about this before the draft so we are not sure how other leagues that play by these rules handle it. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

habsfan1
09-02-2011, 10:02 AM
IMO, that's correct you couldn't keep Mendy, since he is not a potential keeper for the other owner.

Doctego
09-02-2011, 12:32 PM
And, normally, if you are keeping a player at the cost of a 3rd rounder and you trade for someone that also costs a 3rd rounder, 1 of them would be kept at the cost of your next available pick (4th rounder or later).

eff1ngham
09-02-2011, 01:04 PM
Actually it can be the other way as well where you love the round above (so if you have two 3rd round keepers you lose a 2nd, then a 1st), but obviously that's up to the commish.

But as to the initial question you are correct where you couldn't keep Mendenhall and you could keep Ben for a 4th

Doctego
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Actually it can be the other way as well where you love the round above (so if you have two 3rd round keepers you lose a 2nd, then a 1st), but obviously that's up to the commish.

But as to the initial question you are correct where you couldn't keep Mendenhall and you could keep Ben for a 4th

That's not the way that I have done it. If I have 2 players that cost a 3rd rounder THIS YEAR, I could keep both at the cost of my 3rd and 4th, assuming that I wasn't keeping any other player at the cost of a 4th rounder THIS YEAR.

unhskb4
09-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks guys, we have decided to go with this option:

If you have two people both drafted in the third round and wish to keep them both you lose a second and first round pick.

appreciate the input. Cheers:beer: