PDA

View Full Version : Team Analysis

chgorman
08-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Had my 1st draft of the yr last night. 10 tms, standard cats for the most part, 0.5 ppr, return yds and touchdowns count, QB, 3WR, 2RB, TE, K, DST, 4BN. This is how my draft went:

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Mike Wallace
Shonn Greene
Jermichael Finley
Jahvid Best
Beanie Wells
Matt Stafford
Reggie Bush
Lance Moore
Joseph Addai
NYG DST
Garrett Hartley

so my lineup looks like this:

QB: Stafford
WR: Calvin, Andre, M.Wallace, Lance Moore
RB: Greene, Best, Wells, Bush, Addai
TE: Finley
K: Hartley
DST: NYG

took a bit of a risk waiting so long to take a QB, at which point Stafford was the best available and is the epitome of a boom/bust pick at QB. Also took a risk by going WR with my first 3 picks and basically ignoring the top RBs, but then followed it up by taking some pass catching RBs (Best, bush, Addai) and guys who are the undisputed #1 on their team (Greene, Wells).

Any thoughts on my draft strategy and roster? Should I make any moves? Notable FA's are Pierre Thomas, Fred Jackson, Woodhead, Brandon Jacobs at RB, Jacoby Ford, Amendola, Crabtree at WR. Orton, Fitzpatrick and Henne are the only decent QBs available.

b_illin
08-26-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm not so big on Addai, although F-Jackson is probably going to share touches more than everyone thought and there are question marks over Woodhead, etc. I guess watch things and drop Addai first if you want to make a move. (forgot you have 5 RB's, so maybe Fitzpatrick...but I'd still wait and see)

Solid team...and I like Stafford...if he can stay healthy.

FlyGuy78
08-26-2011, 10:12 AM
I like Stafford too but in a 10 team league you definitely could have gotten a better QB instead of drafting 3 WR. In this league setup guys like Josh Cribbs, Jacoby Ford, etc. will be in the top WR ranks due to return yards and TDs.

I'm not sold on your RB either. I would look to trade one of your top 3 WR for a stud RB. Drop Addai and Lance Moore for J.Ford and D.Amendola.

b_illin
08-26-2011, 10:26 AM
I don't know if return guys will have the same value with the new rules - based on the pre-season I've watched, there aren't nearly as many returns as in the past. Definitely look at Amendola...missed that and in a PPR, I think he should have good value if you believe the hype.

FlyGuy78
08-26-2011, 10:27 AM
I don't know if return guys will have the same value with the new rules - based on the pre-season I've watched, there aren't nearly as many returns as in the past. Definitely look at Amendola...missed that and in a PPR, I think he should have good value if you believe the hype.

True about the returns, but I would still look at guys who are #1 or #2 WR on their team and also return like Jacoby Ford more than guys like Cribbs who don't get as much WR time.

eff1ngham
08-26-2011, 12:07 PM
I think you have a good start here. Stafford is the biggest issue on your team. Yes he's a "sleeper" if he can stay healthy, but that's a big if. Just be ready to pick up someone if/when he gets hurt again. In a 10-teamer with a shallow bench there should be plenty of options for you so it's not a huge deal.

With Andre Johnson in a PPR, you have a WR1 that can score like a RB1, and your other two WRs are excellent. I would keep Moore for now. You never know when Colston will get hurt, and Moore always puts up serviceable numbers. He's a good bench player.

With Finley you have a TE who can put up WR2 numbers, which is nice. Though he's an injury risk as well, but hey, so are Gates and Clark, so whatever.

The only RB I'd drop is Bush. He could put up good number in your league, but I think Fred Jackson is the better choice. Addai is a great bench player for you, hold onto him for sure. 5 RBs isn't too many, even if you don't have a flex RBs will get banged up so I like having a stash of them

King_Killah
08-27-2011, 01:55 PM
Going WR with your top three isn't that much of a bad idea... The fantasy landscape has changed and its a WR game now moreso than the RB. I like the three WRs you grabbed there. I also like Stafford. I would look into a back-up though just in case. As for the new return rules, I am hearing that the teams and fans are all complaining extremely loud and it is presumed that the new return rules will be abolished.

chgorman
08-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Thanks for all the input/advice guys. 'preciate it.

If Stafford can stay healthy (HUGE 'if') I think my team can make some serious noise, but at the very least, by having 3 top tier WR and stable of decent mid-tier RB, I have some decent trade pieces I can move if I need to trade for a QB. Hopefully i won't have to.

Hockeyis#1
09-04-2011, 09:40 AM
Yeah I'd def trade Mike Wallace for a RB, and ship Beanie Wells somewhere else.

As for backups, who has Sam Bradford? Kevin Kolb?

Pickup Fred Jackson, while not a sexy addition, he's pretty consistent in earning mid RB2 points. Especially in PPR

Also, Ford may be a #1 WR on his team and the KR/PR guy, but he still plays in Oakland, who's ONLY fantasy worthy option is McFadden.

jokah03
09-04-2011, 11:29 AM
Pickup Amendola over Moore. He was first in all purpose yards last year because he does KR, PR and is a great slot WR for the Rams. We're talking at least 75-80 receptions, a few TD's and a bunch of return yards.

King_Killah
09-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah I'd def trade Mike Wallace for a RB, and ship Beanie Wells somewhere else.

As for backups, who has Sam Bradford? Kevin Kolb?

Pickup Fred Jackson, while not a sexy addition, he's pretty consistent in earning mid RB2 points. Especially in PPR

Also, Ford may be a #1 WR on his team and the KR/PR guy, but he still plays in Oakland, who's ONLY fantasy worthy option is McFadden.

Giant terd on Kolb. I would have him prove something first.

Hockeyis#1
09-10-2011, 07:29 PM
Giant terd on Kolb. I would have him prove something first. A QB on a team that throws a lot, especially in the RZ, with a top WR and a bad defense in an awful division for a backup I can play matchups with?? Yes please.....