PDA

View Full Version : My 1st team

spoonie luv
08-25-2011, 08:12 AM
Standard Yahoo 10 team league. I had the 7th overall pick.

QB - Rivers
WR - D. Jackson, Lloyd, Ochocinco
RB - Rice, McCoy
TE - Celek
K - Kaeding
DEF - Baltimore
Bench - Cutler, R. Grant, Tolbert, McGahee, Santana Moss, Roy Williams

FlyGuy78
08-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Great team, but drop Roy Williams for anybody else. In a 10 team league there are plenty of better people out there than him. I might even drop McGahee too.

habsfan1
08-25-2011, 09:18 AM
Don't know how you got both Rice and McCoy, that's a great running back tandem.

Agree with flyguy on McGahee and Roy Williams.

spoonie luv
08-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Don't know how you got both Rice and McCoy, that's a great running back tandem.

Agree with flyguy on McGahee and Roy Williams.

Rice fell to me at 7. Alot of WR's and QB's went early. My 1st 4 picks were Rice, McCoy, Rivers, Jackson. Williams and McGahee will definitely be the 1st two guys I drop after Week 1.

Actually just realized Johnny Knox went undrafted so put in claim for him for Williams.

eff1ngham
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I wouldn't ditch Williams for Knox until one of them proves they're the go to guy. And I certainly wouldn't burn a waiver claim for Knox.

If anything I'd drop Cutler. You've never going to bench Rivers, and in a 10-team league there's plenty of QBs available I'd bet who will be as good at Cutler (McCoy, Bradford, Stafford, Orton, etc).

I'd hold onto McGahee too, at least until you need to drop someone. Knowshow could get injured, but even if not I think Willis will be a big part of Denver's offense, especially in the red zone (2 TDs last week, yeah yeah preseason but whatever).

Lastly, there has to be a better TE than Celek in a 10-teamer

rico3994
08-25-2011, 05:17 PM
I'd rather drop Cutler and Williams before McGahee.

Hockeyis#1
08-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Trade Brandon Lloyd.

John Fox is a running first, conservative coach, and both Orton and Lloyd are going to have years that are not what they were last year.

Hockeyis#1
08-25-2011, 11:31 PM
I'd also look to upgrade from Brent Celek, as he was literally the only Eagle to not benefit from Vick. See if you can swing Lloyd and Celek for a top TE and a decent WR with upside like Sims-Walker or Jordy Nelson

FlyGuy78
08-26-2011, 08:44 AM
Trade Brandon Lloyd.

John Fox is a running first, conservative coach, and both Orton and Lloyd are going to have years that are not what they were last year.

While true, Denver is going to suck and be behind in most games forcing them to throw the ball. Also an injury to Knowshown and they won't be that much of a running team even with McGahee there.

spoonie luv
08-26-2011, 11:44 AM
I'd also look to upgrade from Brent Celek, as he was literally the only Eagle to not benefit from Vick. See if you can swing Lloyd and Celek for a top TE and a decent WR with upside like Sims-Walker or Jordy Nelson

Celek will be more involved in the offense this year, especially in red zone as Vick admitted he lost confidence in Celek early on last year which led to the drops in his numbers but has stated he'll be looking his way this year. Only reason drafted Cutler was because guys like Cassel, Orton have the same bye week as Rivers so would've been useless.

FlyGuy78
08-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Celek will be more involved in the offense this year, especially in red zone as Vick admitted he lost confidence in Celek early on last year which led to the drops in his numbers but has stated he'll be looking his way this year. Only reason drafted Cutler was because guys like Cassel, Orton have the same bye week as Rivers so would've been useless.

Who are the other TE available?

eff1ngham
08-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Celek will be more involved in the offense this year, especially in red zone as Vick admitted he lost confidence in Celek early on last year which led to the drops in his numbers but has stated he'll be looking his way this year.

Believe it when you see it. Philly has way too many weapons to say "we going to give our TE more looks." Celek isn't ownable in a 10-team league at this point. Guys like Jimmy Graham, Rob Gronkowsi, Dustin Keller, Chris Cooley, Jared Cook and even Tony Gonzalez are better options, IMO.

Only reason drafted Cutler was because guys like Cassel, Orton have the same bye week as Rivers so would've been useless.

It's still a wasted bench spot for a guy who's going to play once in week 6. An extra RB or WR would be more valuable. Just wait till the bye and add one of Jason Campbell, Joe Flacco, Colt McCoy or Alex Smith

looch17
08-26-2011, 10:36 PM
Is Olsen from Carolina available? Yeah he is not on the greatest team, but his new coordinator is going to make it a point to get the TE involved. He has been targeted quite a bit in the pre season so he could be worth an add to replace Celek.

King_Killah
08-27-2011, 02:03 PM
I'd can Celek, the Eagles are going to need him to block and protect Vick since that OL is horrendous... (all these big names the Eagles bring in and nothing to help needs at OL and LB)

I would definitely hold onto McGahee. He will be productive. Williams can go, I don't give a rat's ass for him. I would hold off until the waivers period is over though. Even if that means you lose out on Knox. Knox isn't worth a top 5 waivers priority spot.

Hockeyis#1
08-27-2011, 02:17 PM
I'd can Celek, the Eagles are going to need him to block and protect Vick since that OL is horrendous....
Exactly this....this is why he didn't anything last year. He was called into block a lot more and the Eagles O Line still looks porous.