PDA

View Full Version : NFL Sunday Ticket

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Now included w/directv at no extra charge?

Did I hear that right?

Time to switch back to direct :beer:

Doctego
08-18-2011, 08:09 PM
Yeah. I saw that. Probably on auto-renew so watch out for that the following season if you don't want to pay for it.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-18-2011, 08:10 PM
Yeah. I saw that. Probably on auto-renew so watch out for that the following season if you don't want to pay for it.

Interesting. I will try and look up some of the fine print etc. to see what's up. Still, a free season is a free season. Super awesome for folks who live out of their home/team markets. That shit was always way over priced anyway, if you ask me....

Doctego
08-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Interesting. I will try and look up some of the fine print etc. to see what's up. Still, a free season is a free season. Super awesome for folks who live out of their home/team markets. That shit was always way over priced anyway, if you ask me....

Definitely a great deal. Unless they changed their policy, it will be auto-renew but it's not like you're fucked. It's in advance so you can just call to cancel. Kind of a PITA if you just set up auto-bill, though.

I remember when it used to be like $159 for the season. Those were the days (at least until I started hacking the access cards).

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Ahh yeah. Just saw another commercial emphasizing "This season nfl sunday ticket...." so you def. wanna watch out for auto-renews.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
08-18-2011, 08:22 PM
Definitely a great deal. Unless they changed their policy, it will be auto-renew but it's not like you're fucked. It's in advance so you can just call to cancel. Kind of a PITA if you just set up auto-bill, though.

I remember when it used to be like $159 for the season. Those were the days (at least until I started hacking the access cards).

Had a friend who used to hack the access cards, started having some trouble with cards being shut down etc. Out of curiosity, is that still a realistic possibility?

Doctego
08-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Had a friend who used to hack the access cards, started having some trouble with cards being shut down etc. Out of curiosity, is that still a realistic possibility?

Hacking the cards? I really don't know. I would think that it still can be done but much less frequently, if at all. Once they switched to the Access Card 4's and made them much less readily available, it almost came to a halt. The newer cards were extremely difficult to crack. It used to be that you could just walk into Walmart and pick up 2 receivers for dirt cheap and then just use the cards. Once it went down the shitter, OTA (over the air) systems took off.