PDA

View Full Version : Country Music Fans?

phaneuf6
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Is anybody a country music fan here? I'm big into country music, just wondering if there's anybody else out there that is.

Some of my favourites lately are Eric Church, the Band Perry, Joe Nichols...along with classics like Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, Blake Shelton, etc.

I saw Brad Paisley last year in concert and it was easily the best concert I've been too (I've seen Iron Maiden, Neil Young, U2, RUSH, The Who, etc). Kenny Chesney is in town this summer and I plan on going to his concert as well as CMT Music Fest in Barrie, ON. There are some big names going to Barrie for that weekend like Lady Antebellum, Blake Shelton, Rascal Flatts, etc.

Anybody else or am I on my own as I suspected?

Hamsterkill
04-20-2011, 02:59 PM
Johnny Cash is among my favorite artists. Apart from him, though, I can't stand most country. Though I will guiltily confess liking to hear the occasional Taylor Swift song.

ih8music
04-20-2011, 03:11 PM
I love a bunch of southern rock / alt-country acts like Lucero, Drive By Truckers, Slobberbone, Glossary, Cory Branan, early Wilco, Son Volt, Uncle Tupelo, Jason Isbell & the 400 Unit, etc... but as for more mainstream country acts like Brad Paisley or Taylor Swift -- not really my thing. I like my twang with a little edge, I guess. :D

b_illin
04-20-2011, 03:21 PM
I like the occasional country artist (and some of the bands Ih8 listed...but I don't consider them country so much as southern), but for most part, not my thing.