Hamsterkill
04-11-2011, 09:36 PM
I think this one's going 7.

Kyle
04-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Wings in 6. Datsyuk terrorizes Phoenix.

Hockeyis#1
04-11-2011, 10:05 PM
Wings in 6 or less. The only way Phoenix pulls this out is if Bryz goes on to win Conn Smythe.

boredguy
04-12-2011, 12:04 AM
This was one of the most entertaining first round matchups last season, hopefully it'll be the same this season. Wings in 6.

chgorman
04-12-2011, 09:41 AM
I think the Wings can finish this one off in 5, assuming they can get Zetts back by gm 2 or 3, but wouldn't be at all surprised to see this one go 7.

NeelyDan
04-12-2011, 09:48 AM
BizNasty2.0 goes on a tear, yotes sweep!

phaneuf6
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Wings in 6.

Cornholio
04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Wings in 5

alias
04-12-2011, 09:57 PM
phoenix in 7, especially if zetts is out for more than 2 games

Dubz
04-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Pho - 7

Hamsterkill
04-12-2011, 10:36 PM
I think Phoenix is gonna strike back against Hockeytown. Yotes in 7.

two24four
04-13-2011, 11:44 AM
Just heard on the radio that Mike Modano will be a healthy scratch tonight.

boredguy
04-13-2011, 06:28 PM
Wish CBC had this game on in the East, i get some CBC west feeds but only in sd and the quality is horrible.

boredguy
04-13-2011, 08:44 PM
Shaky 1st period for the Wings but then Datsyuk just took over the game, impressive performance.

mrtybrodur30
04-14-2011, 12:00 AM
Phoenix got out of there game. They were trying to put away Howard and the Wings early on in the game but Howard made some key saves to keep them in the game then Det just controlled it. Very impressive 1st game from them.

fancy19
04-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Was all excited to watch on CBC HD to find out it was only on in the West, I'm in NS. boo

Kyle
04-14-2011, 11:42 AM
1/1 so far for Datsyuk beastmoding Phoenix. Keep it up! If we can win another game with Z out, that'd be phenomenal.

2/2. Dear lord that was one of the best performances I've seen by any player all season by Datsyuk and most certainly the most impressive individual game of these extremely young playoffs so far. He is absolutely demolishing an entire team on his own.

Datsyuk EASILY could've had a hat trick and a 6 point night instead of just 4. I can't recall how long its been since I've seen a player control a game that effectively.

Doan was scary too. Freaking playoff beast, can he get injured again before the coyotes have a chance to turn this into a series? please?

chgorman
04-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Sounds like Zetts likely out until game 6 at earliest according to MLive.com. Damn.

If they can get out of the first round without him, he'll just be that much fresher for the rest of the playoffs, which is a scary thought for opposing teams.

canuckthug
04-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Wings in 6. Datsyuk terrorizes Phoenix.
Terrorizing the Yotes is right.. he is the human highlite reel.. I usually dont check the point leaders till after 3 or 4 games but im guessing Datsyuk is leading the way. He is the best stick handler in the game hands down and im not sure what the Yotes are gonna do about it.

hmm, this is not looking good at all.. but i think Bryz will and can be a factor in this series. Detroit is playing pretty decent hockey though. Obviously, the next 2 PHX home games are huge and Detroit will do anything to avoid another long 7 games series.

MrScientist
04-17-2011, 12:49 PM
Terrorizing the Yotes is right.. he is the human highlite reel.. I usually dont check the point leaders till after 3 or 4 games but im guessing Datsyuk is leading the way. He is the best stick handler in the game hands down and im not sure what the Yotes are gonna do about it.

hmm, this is not looking good at all.. but i think Bryz will and can be a factor in this series. Detroit is playing pretty decent hockey though. Obviously, the next 2 PHX home games are huge and Detroit will do anything to avoid another long 7 games series.

I'll be happy if Detroit can win in 5, avoids taking another long West Coast flight.

two24four
04-18-2011, 02:01 PM
From the sounds of it this game is close to being a sell out.

PHX fans last chance to see some NHL hockey, or trying to show they want to keep them?

chgorman
04-18-2011, 03:05 PM
From the sounds of it this game is close to being a sell out.

PHX fans last chance to see some NHL hockey, or trying to show they want to keep them?

I think it's more likely the sheer number of Wings fans living in Arizona. Half the fans in the stands at the games in PHX in last year's playoffs were Wings fans. Pretty much the same anytime DET plays in PHX in the reg season. I'm sure the fact that it's playoffs has something to do with the sellout, but I doubt anybody is doing it to try to keep the team in PHX. It's a little too late in the game for that.

Hamsterkill
04-18-2011, 03:15 PM
I think it's more likely the sheer number of Wings fans living in Arizona. Half the fans in the stands at the games in PHX in last year's playoffs were Wings fans. Pretty much the same anytime DET plays in PHX in the reg season. I'm sure the fact that it's playoffs has something to do with the sellout, but I doubt anybody is doing it to try to keep the team in PHX. It's a little too late in the game for that.
As long the city manages to sell those bonds, the team is staying in Phoenix... for at least a while.

At this point, I'd be a little surprised to see the Coyotes move without the city having even been given a deadline.

phaneuf6
04-18-2011, 03:38 PM
As long the city manages to sell those bonds, the team is staying in Phoenix... for at least a while.

At this point, I'd be a little surprised to see the Coyotes move without the city having even been given a deadline.

Been a lot of talk in the Canadian media that Winnipeg is almost a given for next season.

Hamsterkill
04-18-2011, 04:05 PM
Been a lot of talk in the Canadian media that Winnipeg is almost a given for next season.
No offense to the Canadian media, but they've not had the best track record when reporting on the Phoenix situation. I seem to recall multiple instances where the Coyotes were supposed to done in Phoenix only to have reality reveal that was not the case.

I'm inclined to doubt anything in this situation that isn't being reported by Phoenix's news outlets or comes directly from the NHL.

chgorman
04-19-2011, 12:35 AM
Nice win for DET, Jimmy was a rock, but man was the officiating ever bad IMO. Made it tough to watch. Missed calls and phantom calls going both ways all night. The slashing call on Miller was absolute bullshit.

Also nice to see the Mule pot one on a sick snipe. If that guy gets on a roll and Zetts comes back soon... whoa.

dripsey3
04-19-2011, 03:30 AM
The Yotes stop Datsuyk at last, now if only the rest of the offensive hadn't shown up.......The Red Wings are on cruise control.

Kyle
04-19-2011, 04:25 AM
The Yotes stop Datsuyk at last, now if only the rest of the offensive hadn't shown up.......The Red Wings are on cruise control.

They sure had practiced good for Datsyuk. They played the man and not the puk unlike the first two games and really layed him out a couple of times.

dripsey3
04-20-2011, 04:22 AM
You could almost picture the conversation. Yeah we sure stopped Datsuyk, he won't be contributing tonight, um, who's that guy skating toward the net?, surely it isn't playoff loving Johan Franzen, oh shit it is, do we have a plan to stop him?, No?, we're f**ked!!!!!

Quickly followed by Franzen finding the net.....

two24four
04-20-2011, 10:07 AM
Biznasty2point0 says on twitter that he will be playing his 1st NHL playoff game tonight for PHX.

chgorman
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
Really hope the Wings can wrap this up tonight so they can rest up for the Sharks.

Post-game edit: Nice.

dw13
04-20-2011, 11:54 PM
What a headsy goal from Cleary.

canuckthug
04-21-2011, 12:23 AM
Agreed, swift shot by Cleary.. could that be the end of an era for the Coyotes?? Hats off to Shane Doan, He was a monster. Yandle and Turris to mention a few are good players as well...

Lets go Red Wings chants in their own building never a good sign in a playoff game..too bad, whose gonna support the Yotes in the desert after this sweep.
Bryz was not the difference maker he needed to be. Detroit was the better team. Enjoy the break Red Wing Nation, your next round opponent will be much tougher.

edit: swift shot by Cleary but inexcusable for Bryzgalov to let that in.

dripsey3
04-21-2011, 03:17 AM
The Yotes haven't won a playoff series since 1987. They were the Winnipeg Jets back then.

The Yotes lead just once in the 4 games.

The Red Wings scored 6 without Franzen in the lineup.

Make no mistake about it, the Red Wings will never have an easier series than this.

phaneuf6
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
You could see Bryzgalov's upcoming contract number dropping with every shot.

Hamsterkill
04-21-2011, 08:31 AM
I really thought this series would be much, much closer.

two24four
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
You could see Bryzgalov's upcoming contract number dropping with every shot.

Agreed, his value went down for July 1st.

Looking at the Yotes fans faces after the game, some even crying, I tihnk they know this was prob the last game in PHX.

chgorman
04-21-2011, 10:51 AM

I know this was a joke to begin with ( or at least I hope so, haha), but I find it extra funny now, given that DET swept and Bissonette played all of 4 mins all series (all in last night's game) :lol:

two24four
04-21-2011, 10:54 AM
I know this was a joke to begin with ( or at least I hope so, haha), but I find it extra funny now, given that DET swept and Bissonette played all of 4 mins all series (all in last night's game) :lol:

You know what is even better (but sad) outside of Doan a maybe a few others for PHX, he was there best player in that 4 mins, he was hitting everything and trying to get his team going, when they showed the bench you could see him yelling at the guys trying to pump them up, one of the only ones doing that.