Malkin and Crosbyless Pens in 6

Why aren't they playing?

Tampa in 6

Hamsterkill
04-11-2011, 09:36 PM
Why aren't they playing?

Tampa in 6
You must be Rip Van Winkle!

(... Canadians know who that is, right? I know it's kind of an American legend, but still)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-11-2011, 09:39 PM
:lol:

dw13
04-11-2011, 09:43 PM
Tampa in 6.

Hockeyis#1
04-11-2011, 10:04 PM
The Geno/Bing-less pens have somehow not only persevered, but borderline prospered. I know MAF is capable of stealing the show, the question is...does Dwayne Roloson still have magic in those pads? I say no.

Pens in 7

boredguy
04-12-2011, 12:05 AM
Lightning in 6.

Raja
04-12-2011, 12:06 AM
Tampa in 6. Glad nobody is saying a sweep/5 games, that'd be a shame.

HT9
04-12-2011, 12:10 AM

(... Canadians know who that is, right? I know it's kind of an American legend, but still)

Nope never heard of him.

NeelyDan
04-12-2011, 05:48 AM
I don't buy into Tampa. Penguins in 6.

Cornholio
04-12-2011, 02:52 PM
Pens in 5

alias
04-12-2011, 09:59 PM

of course I've heard of him.

Nope never heard of him.

seriously?

TB in 6. No Crosby no Malkin no bueno in a playoff atmosphere.

Dubz
04-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Tb - 7

Hamsterkill
04-12-2011, 10:34 PM
Pittsburgh in 5. Seeing Tampa back in the postseason is nice and all but I don't think they're built well to win a series.

Hamsterkill
04-12-2011, 10:43 PM
Hey Sponge! Get off your ass and get a bracket in to Raja's thread in the Fantasy section! :lol:

dw13
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
TB in 6. No Crosby no Malkin no bueno in a playoff atmosphere.

Ever been to a Tampa game?

It'll definitely be more lively but it's not going to be intimidating, unfortunately.

I still believe Tampa will be able to score on MAF and Pitt. Vinny is playing really good hockey at the moment, it's a huge plus.

dw13
04-13-2011, 10:32 AM
Sounds like Crosby is inching closer and closer.

Possibly game 3?

Raja
04-13-2011, 11:01 AM
He needs to wait a week after being cleared for contact I think, so it should be game 4 at this point.

dw13
04-13-2011, 11:24 AM
He needs to wait a week after being cleared for contact I think, so it should be game 4 at this point.

Hasn't been cleared yet?

two24four
04-13-2011, 11:40 AM
Hasn't been cleared yet?

No not yet, they are just talking about this on the radio right now, he has not had any contact in practice since he went down.

If he comes back in a week from his 1st contact pracitce, they are crazy.

moans
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Pens in 6!

phaneuf6
04-13-2011, 12:02 PM
Tampa in 6.

dw13
04-13-2011, 12:25 PM
No not yet, they are just talking about this on the radio right now, he has not had any contact in practice since he went down.

If he comes back in a week from his 1st contact pracitce, they are crazy.

Yeah, I wasn't sure if he was cleared yet or not. That makes sense, maybe later in the series then, if at all.

I mean, Tampa is going to sweep them and all so probably not this season at all :D:lol:

alias
04-13-2011, 07:15 PM
Ever been to a Tampa game?

It'll definitely be more lively but it's not going to be intimidating, unfortunately.

No, but the mindset is different in the playoffs regardless of where you're playing.

Hamsterkill
04-13-2011, 07:36 PM
With the chances that both teams have had I can't believe the game is still scoreless.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-13-2011, 08:11 PM
now that's what I'm talkin bout willis!

dw13
04-13-2011, 08:33 PM
50 minutes too late to wake up, fellas.

alias
04-13-2011, 08:53 PM
wow, didnt think the Pens D would be that effective against Tampa in the 2nd & 3rd. They made great adjustments, good coaching there. Tampa needs to figure out that D quick.

dw13
04-15-2011, 06:29 PM
Vinny is on fireeeee.

Best start we coulda possibly wished for!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-15-2011, 08:35 PM
Great game by the bolts tonight. Pens looked like shit early and they paid for it. Could be in store for a long series.

dw13
04-15-2011, 08:39 PM
Can't wait til Monday.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Can't wait til Monday.

You going to the game da ?

dw13
04-15-2011, 08:49 PM
You going to the game da ?

Yes ma'am I'll be there for both!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Yes ma'am I'll be there for both!

Awesome! I hope you go home disappointed at least once but have FUN! :D

dw13
04-15-2011, 09:47 PM
It must be said again, Vinny is on fucking fire.

Raja
04-16-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm going to the game monday. wearing my greenman suit. 318 row j.

dw13
04-16-2011, 11:42 AM

I'll make sure to laugh at your dumbass when I see you in the crowd :lol:

two24four
04-16-2011, 11:45 AM
Eric Brewer looked great last night, looked like the old Eric Brewer.

canuckthug
04-16-2011, 06:16 PM
It must be said again, Vinny is on fucking fire.

Lecav on line 1(since the second half) with St. Louis is the major reason why he is getting close to a PPG clip again. But having said that, he is playing better and if TBay wants success in these playoffs, they will need the old Vinny back. Surprised to see Stamkos on the 3rd line.. They probably will keep the same lineups for game 3 and i gotta comment on Rolli's puck handling skills... geez, what was that!!

greenman suit is a Vancouver thing man.. WTH !!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-16-2011, 07:13 PM
Lecav on line 1(since the second half) with St. Louis is the major reason why he is getting close to a PPG clip again. But having said that, he is playing better and if TBay wants success in these playoffs, they will need the old Vinny back. Surprised to see Stamkos on the 3rd line.. They probably will keep the same lineups for game 3 and i gotta comment on Rolli's puck handling skills... geez, what was that!!

greenman suit is a Vancouver thing man.. WTH !!

Not really. Those fools just copied Charlie from Always Sunny so technically if you want to say the greenman belongs to any city it should be Filthy Philly. They pop up all over the place though. Baseball games especially.

dw13
04-16-2011, 07:19 PM

Stamkos is being shuffled around to try to regain his form. He's going to be fine, and it makes things a hell of a lot easier when Lecavalier is playing the way he is. He'll be with Downie and Gagne a lot on Monday.

And it's not just St. Louis, and it's not just his PPG clip, it's the way he's playing. He's been the best player on the ice for the past 15 games. He's scoring goals, throwing his body around, playing great both ways. He's an absurd talent and it's looking like he's finally starting to trust his wrist again. Awesome to see.

He's so great to watch when he plays this way.

canuckthug
04-16-2011, 07:20 PM
Not really. Those fools just copied Charlie from Always Sunny so technically if you want to say the greenman belongs to any city it should be Filthy Philly. They pop up all over the place though. Baseball games especially.

i didnt know that.. thanks.

Raja
04-16-2011, 09:06 PM
yeah, I got the suit for halloween 2 years ago, long before the vancouver greenmen i think. i've worn it to concerts and randomly but not a game, but i've seen a greenman at tampa games.

and on topic...hell yes vinny has been awesome. if stamkos picks it up we'll be even better off than we are now obviously, things can only go up.

dw13
04-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Can't wait to watch it tomorrow. Fuck the Penguins. :)

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-18-2011, 06:51 PM
6 and a half mins into the first period and the pens give the bolts a double donkey punch! Couldn't ask for a better start on the road. Talbot and Asham with two huge goals early. Sure quieted down that boisterous crowd. Keep it up Pens!

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/46000/silence.jpg

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-18-2011, 08:23 PM
great game! In for a hell of a third. Go Pens!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Winning, duh!

boredguy
04-18-2011, 10:25 PM
Downie with a very similar hit to the Torres one last night.

YouTube - Steve Downie's Hit On Lovejoy + Max Talbot Goal - 04/18/2011

Then Kunitz with a really dirty elbow.

YouTube - Chris Kunitz Elbows Simon Gagné To The Head -

Will either get suspended? Who the fuck knows.

dw13
04-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Downie leaving his feet was a bit sketchy. I was on the other end and thought it looked nasty.

The Kunitz elbow was disgusting and blatant (again from the other side of me).

By the way, what a horrible performance by the Lightning. They looked like it was game 40 of the regular season. Lackadaisical, no energy regardless of the impressive crowd. It was pretty freaking pathetic.

J. Staal is shitting all over Stamkos in the series. Stamkos has been playing wing more and more to try to get him away from Staal. Stamkos in general was fucking horrible.

Oh and Mike, I got my sides mixed up. Lightning shoot twice on the other end. Hope you didn't buy tickets just based on that haha.

Hamsterkill
04-19-2011, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see them both get a game off.

two24four
04-19-2011, 12:50 AM
Both have phone hearings tomorrow (today now) around 10-11am, so that means 5 games or less.

I would think they both will get at least a game or two.

The Downie hit looked alot like his hit on McAmmond a few years ago in the pre-season.

phaneuf6
04-19-2011, 12:56 AM
The Downie hit looked alot like his hit on McAmmond a few years ago in the pre-season.

Great f'in hit. :D:p #goleafsgo #senssuck

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
HUGE hit by Downie. Love seeing the smack down but it was def. dirty for bouncing up and leaving his feet in the leaping fashion that he did. Lovejoy took that shit like a mother fucking CHAMP though, even got the assist on the immediate goal from Mad Max. Also I got to say -- that first Bolts goal that came off the Kovy penalty for Goaltender Interference was a big bag of dicks IMO. Kovy was pretty blatantly crosschecked into Rolly -- wtf was he supposed to do? Fly away? Whatever. Refs can't get em all right and there have been a handful of missed calls on both ends so I am certainly not one to blame the refs one way or another. Idiots.

Great series so far. Pens backcheck n D has been pretty solid for the most part. Love the way Bylsma is coaching the boys. Bolts def. need to settle down and worry more about the puck than the body if they want to win this series against a relatively experienced Penguins team... or.. not!

2 more wins! Expecting a long series but it would be fucking sick to take this next one in Tampa and head home to close it out at Consol. :yes:

P.S.

Get well soon Croz!

dw13
04-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Thought the refs were pretty poor last night too, Bonger. I used to be a fan of James Neal, I think he's a shit bag now. Running around pissing everyone off after whistles, in between timeouts, anything. Annoying little bastard.

The Downie hit resembled the one from a few years ago, big difference was the puck was still around Lovejoy when he was crushed. If Downie doesn't leave his feet, he doesn't even get a ring from the NHL. I think he'll be sat down a game though.

Kunitz on the other hand, should be done for the series. Horrendous. Must of been chatting with Cooke before the game. Goes out of his way to elbow Gagne, someone who isn't even deserving.

If the Lightning can start playing with some more energy, and awareness, limit the turnovers in their own zone / natural zone; they could definitely win this series. Stamkos needs to nut-up, he's being bullied again and it's disappointing.

Raja
04-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Both got 1 game each. One of Stammers shifts in the middle of the 3rd was one of the worst I've ever seen.

Did you guys see me? I know there were 2 greenmen behind the south goal but I was up in front of the press box.

MrScientist
04-19-2011, 01:36 PM
Downie suspended for what? His name/history. He left his feet slightly and was getting a charging penalty if not for the Pens goal. Lovejoy came out and said he hit him in the chest. After no suspension for Torres, this is just putrid.

Kunitz only getting a game? Sure, Gagne wasn't injured. However, this sends no message to the players. Should have been two, no more than three games.

boredguy
04-19-2011, 02:32 PM
I can understand the Downie suspension, one game was right. Not a headshot but he continued skating until hitting the icing line then launched himself at Lovejoy leaving his feet. History definitely plays into it to, like it should. Just cause some people (including me) think they completely screwed up the TOrres hit doesn't mean they should just let this go.

Kunitz only getting 1 game is probably logical to the NHL if it follows the 1 playoff game=2 regular season games. 2 games for an elbow seems to be the standard, unless you have a long history and the NHL wants to make a pointless statement and your name is Cooke. The fact blatant elbows to the head only garner 2 regular season games is retarded though.

dw13
04-19-2011, 02:34 PM
Kunitz with only a game? Ha.

No Raja, I didn't see you. Only saw the two green guys by the goal.

Stamkos was awful the whole game. Looked like he didn't care. Staal shit all over him in the first period, they moved him to the wing and he stopped giving a shit. It was pretty pathetic.

dw13
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Why did the league say Downie hit him in the head?

Hamsterkill
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM
Why did the league say Downie hit him in the head?
It looked like he did on video.

dw13
04-19-2011, 04:51 PM
Looks square in the chest to me. I guess it's closer than I'm thinking, though.

phaneuf6
04-19-2011, 06:57 PM
Downie got 20 games for a similar hit 2 or 3 years ago... weird.

dw13
04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
Downie got 20 games for a similar hit 2 or 3 years ago... weird.

Difference was the puck was on the other side of the ice when he cracked Dean.

phaneuf6
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
Difference was the puck was on the other side of the ice when he cracked Dean.

Well not really.. it's pretty comparable, both had just played the puck.

dw13
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
Well not really.. it's pretty comparable, both had just played the puck.

McAdammond had played the puck like 2 seconds before Downie decided to blow him up. Lovejoy had really just played the puck. I don't know. I think there is a definite difference, IMO.

dw13
04-20-2011, 07:09 PM
Fucking pitiful.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-20-2011, 07:10 PM
Mr. Asham is on FIRRRRRE! Looking like a mighty fine pick up right about now. That 4th line is hot right now. Wewt!

dw13
04-20-2011, 09:52 PM
And a softy wins it.

Fuck this.

Raja
04-20-2011, 10:49 PM
crushed.

phaneuf6
04-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Can we rename this thread to the Pittsburgh VS Martin St. Louis? Cause no one else on Tampa gives a fuck.

MrScientist
04-21-2011, 07:55 AM
I don't want Roloson back next year. Someone made a perfect comparison - he's a better version of Ellis. He'll make good saves but every goal yesterday was fucking brutal.

Raja
04-21-2011, 09:15 AM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the first one and call it a screen, but the 2nd and 3rd were definitely awful. Unless we get Bryzgalov/Vokoun, which I doubt, I wouldn't mind getting Roloson back just because of pieces we'd have to give up in a trade to get a goalie better than him to begin with. I definitely wouldn't want to go with Desjardins/Tokarski next year.

MrScientist
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the first one and call it a screen, but the 2nd and 3rd were definitely awful. Unless we get Bryzgalov/Vokoun, which I doubt, I wouldn't mind getting Roloson back just because of pieces we'd have to give up in a trade to get a goalie better than him to begin with. I definitely wouldn't want to go with Desjardins/Tokarski next year.

Vokoun will turn 35 this summer. I doubt he gets more than $6 million AAV. I'd gladly give him a 2 year, $11 milion dollar deal.

And for the record, I want something like Vokoun/Desjardins. Roloson would be a fine backup as well, but something tells me his competitive fire wants to start somewhere.

dw13
04-21-2011, 09:44 AM
I completely agree. We have enough space (even with Stamkos contract needing to be done) to sign Vokoun for 2 years. If we can get that done, I'd do it in a heart beat and let Desjardins be the backup. I haven't been a massive fan of Rolly, he's a good locker room guy for us but on the ice, pretty average.

Can we rename this thread to the Pittsburgh VS Martin St. Louis? Cause no one else on Tampa gives a fuck.

It's unreal. Vinny and Marty about the only two guys that even look into it, along with Dominic Moore. Everyone else has drifted by in this series, it's pathetic to watch really.

Hamsterkill
04-21-2011, 09:54 AM
TB ad campaign:

"Seen Stamkos?

... No really, have you seen him? We're looking for him."

;)

two24four
04-21-2011, 09:55 AM
Pens are doing a great job of shutting Stamkos down, as soon as he gets the puck it seems they are all over him right away, he's just not use to the NHL playoffs yet.

dw13
04-21-2011, 09:58 AM
Pens are doing a great job of shutting Stamkos down, as soon as he gets the puck it seems they are all over him right away, he's just not use to the NHL playoffs yet.

Uh, yeah, to say the least. Not only was he absolutely abused by Jordan Staal in the first few games forcing Boucher to put Stamkos on the wing but since he's done that, Stamkos looks like he just doesn't care. It's pretty brutal and certainly not making many people real happy with him.

I also can't stand him on the point of the PP, but whatever.

two24four
04-21-2011, 10:01 AM
Uh, yeah, to say the least. Not only was he absolutely abused by Jordan Staal in the first few games forcing Boucher to put Stamkos on the wing but since he's done that, Stamkos looks like he just doesn't care. It's pretty brutal and certainly not making many people real happy with him.

I also can't stand him on the point of the PP, but whatever.

Yeah I don't get why they have him the point on the PP as well, he needs to be down low waiting for a one timer.

dw13
04-21-2011, 10:11 AM
Yeah I don't get why they have him the on the PP as well, he needs to be down low waiting for a one timer.

Yeah and you can tell he hasn't played the point much coming up, he looks really uncomfortable.

It's a real shame this series because the Penguins are not that much better than the Lightning but the experience is clearly showing through.

chgorman
04-21-2011, 10:45 AM
I watched some of the game last night - first chance I've had to watch any of this series - and Stamkos was terrible. I don't think I saw him skate hard the entire game. Was out of position a lot, lollygagged around like he couldn't care less that he was in the playoffs, like others have already mentioned. It was the first time I've had a chance to watch much of him in game action aside from highlights and he did NOT make a very good impression on me.

two24four
04-21-2011, 10:58 AM
Malone is playing hurt you can tell, something with his arm/shoulder he does not even look close to 100%, but he's been one of there hardest workers each game, still crashing the net etc....

dw13
04-21-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah, Malone is definitely playing hurt and I think Downie is as well. Gagne also looked dazed and confused after the elbow from Kunitz but he continued to play anyways.

I think Dominic Moore has been the second best player behind St. Louis for us in the series.

Stamkos/Hedman, complete shit.

Raja
04-21-2011, 11:11 AM
Brewer is another good name to mention I think. Stammer has been invisible, he had 1 nice pass to St.Louis but couldn't finish.

dw13
04-21-2011, 11:14 AM
Brewer is another good name to mention I think. Stammer has been invisible, he had 1 nice pass to St.Louis but couldn't finish.

Very true, good call. Brewer has been a rock back there, and Kubina has covered Hedman's ass a good amount.

Raja
04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
Yeah he's been great. I'll re-find the article in a bit, but Bryzgalov has said if the Coyotes move to Winnipeg, he won't even consider a contract because it's cold and there's nothing to do there. I'd be stoked to get him if possible.

Dubz
04-22-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah he's been great. I'll re-find the article in a bit, but Bryzgalov has said if the Coyotes move to Winnipeg, he won't even consider a contract because it's cold and there's nothing to do there.
:lol:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-23-2011, 02:07 AM
4th win is always the hardest.

Raja
04-23-2011, 11:52 AM
Man did we get out worked, great way to end the period though. Stammer's first NHL playoff goal! (finally)

chgorman
04-23-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow, where was all this offence in the first few gms for TB? PIT is getting LIT UP.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-23-2011, 03:03 PM
ouch ! Pens sure have trouble closing out a series at home... what a beat down.

moans
04-23-2011, 03:35 PM
They only lost because they knew I was going to game 6. I've seen the Pens 3 times live and each resulted in a victory for the good guys. Hopefully, Monday is number 4.

two24four
04-23-2011, 04:41 PM
Might not be a good thing for the Pens now that Stamkos has some confidence.

dw13
04-23-2011, 04:56 PM
I can't make game 6. Probably a good thing though.

dw13
04-24-2011, 01:43 PM
They only lost because they knew I was going to game 6. I've seen the Pens 3 times live and each resulted in a victory for the good guys. Hopefully, Monday is number 4.

Didn't see this before. The Pens are the good guys now? Cmon Mike. Don't vacation in my state and not root for our boys, you son of a bitch. :beer:

moans
04-24-2011, 01:49 PM
Didn't see this before. The Pens are the good guys now? Cmon Mike. Don't vacation in my state and not root for our boys, you son of a bitch. :beer:

Haha, I'm all ready to go with my Malkin jersey. Pens have always been the good guys. They're my playoff team since the Leafs haven't made it in a while. Hopefully it isn't a blowout because that certainly favours your firepower. Best of luck :beer:

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-24-2011, 03:27 PM
It's Easter, it's spring, it's time for the Flower to bloom!

dw13
04-24-2011, 06:06 PM
Haha, I'm all ready to go with my Malkin jersey. Pens have always been the good guys. They're my playoff team since the Leafs haven't made it in a while. Hopefully it isn't a blowout because that certainly favours your firepower. Best of luck :beer:

Beers would not be on me if I was going to be down there.

dw13
04-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Rolly the Goalie!!!

Downie!!!

Cmon!

Orpik, Kunitz and Neal. Bunch of bitches.

dw13
04-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Malone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dw13
04-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Too pumped. Game 7, and I fancy our chances.

Love it.

Raja
04-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Sick shot by Malone, sick pass from Moore. Fleury has been terribly average since game 1.

Game 7 boys!

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Starting to think the Bolts take this series. Pens PP is useless without Croz and Geno. Fuck, they shouldn't even BE here without Croz and Geno. You never know in a game 7 and it's cool to be at home but man oh man.. not looking too hot right now! Great game by the Bolts. I miss Bugsy, if anyone is gonna ice the game I guess it was cool to see him get one. Cheers!

Hamsterkill
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm still confident in the Pens. If the defense recovers itself, the Pens defense can beat the Bolts' offense. And apart from Brewer, the Bolts' defense really hasn't been impressive.

MrScientist
04-25-2011, 09:47 PM
Roloson coughed up the puck that led to the first Pens goal and Staal had a nice shot for the other one. I feel like a majority of Pit's goals this series have been on Roli in one way or another.....strap him to the net for Game 7.

boredguy
04-26-2011, 12:43 AM
YouTube - Conner Penalty Shot FAIL (Game 6 Pens/Bolts)

MrScientist
04-26-2011, 02:40 PM
http://bit.ly/hhDTXe

Sea Captain Downie.

Hockeyis#1
04-26-2011, 04:52 PM
Watching game 6, I kept thinking to myself pretty much the same thought.
"Wow, it's really evident how much this team misses Crosby"

It seemed to me like 75% of the 2nd and 3rd period was played in the TB end, with Pitt dumping, recovering and trying to set something up (nearly always unsuccessfully) and TB would start a small rush the other way and quickly lose possession. All that in zone possession time, they created very little offense with it. And while yes, the Pens have missed Crosby the entire time, it hasn't been as glaring a problem to me as it was recently in this series and especially last night.

moans
04-26-2011, 11:00 PM
I can't believe how bad the glass is at the forum. We literally could not watch the action in the opposite corner without getting extremely dizzy. I've never seen glass that terrible in my life. Game was kind of a snoozefest but the better team won. If the winning team scores 3 or less goals, the pens will take it. Anymore and it's the Lightning's game IMO. Best of luck.

dw13
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM
I can't believe how bad the glass is at the forum. We literally could not watch the action in the opposite corner without getting extremely dizzy. I've never seen glass that terrible in my life. Game was kind of a snoozefest but the better team won. If the winning team scores 3 or less goals, the pens will take it. Anymore and it's the Lightning's game IMO. Best of luck.

yeah, I've heard that. My season tickets are up in the top level, so I don't have to deal with it. I suggest sitting up there anytime you go, they're great seats up there.

Also agree with the breakdown of the games.

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
04-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Defense and Fleury are gonna need to go big or go home. Should be a great game 7. Stoked!

dw13
04-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Cmonn!!!

I love Dominic Moore.

Raja
04-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Identical play too. great save by fleury on the PP.

dw13
04-27-2011, 09:41 PM
Out-fucking-standing. Not only did we come back from 3-1, we won all sorts of ways. Unreal. Our 3rd line was sensational for the last 3 games. Ohlund and Brewer were awesome. Rolly very good.

We're moving on, and we're ready.

Fucking right baby.

(Kunitz is a bitch-boy)

Raja
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
hell yeah!

roloson was fantastic

mrtybrodur30
04-27-2011, 09:49 PM
Roloson has been outstanding the last few games.

Hamsterkill
04-27-2011, 09:50 PM
Missed the game for a class, so I can't comment on much tonight other than to say, "Congrats, Bolts."

Hockeyis#1
04-27-2011, 10:03 PM
Out-fucking-standing. Not only did we come back from 3-1, we won all sorts of ways. Unreal. Our 3rd line was sensational for the last 3 games. Ohlund and Brewer were awesome. Rolly very good.

We're moving on, and we're ready.

Fucking right baby.

(Kunitz is a bitch-boy)
I don't understand your excitement

Tampa beat a team full of mid level NHL talent and AHL callups. That team dominated in time on attack. How do you think that plays out against a team with more talent?

chgorman
04-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Wow, Debbie Downer alert. He's happy 'cuz his team won a playoff round for the first time in a while, in a game 7 situation. Give him a break. It's okay for him to be excited.

dw13
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
What is there not to understand? We were down 3-1. We looked down and out. We battled, we won every way possible in the last 3 games. We knocked out a team loaded with experience.

You can put it anyway you want, that Penguins team is just as good as any team in the playoffs this season. They proved it. Over half a season without both Sid and Geno and they still looked as good as anyone.

You don't understand my excitement because you are a Wings and Penguins fan. I'm a Tampa fan.

Pretty big difference between those respective organizations, bud.

MrScientist
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Tampa beat a team full of mid level NHL talent and AHL callups. That team dominated in time on attack. How do you think that plays out against a team with more talent?

:cry:

It was a great series man, no need to go on the offensive.

DarkValiant
04-27-2011, 10:23 PM

To be fair, Pittsburgh has been playing seriously tight defensively.

If those big guns get going on Tampa, look out.

Kyle
04-28-2011, 01:16 AM
You can put it anyway you want, that Penguins team is just as good as any team in the playoffs this season. They proved it. Over half a season without both Sid and Geno and they still looked as good as anyone.

I don't think so. I'm on your side of the fence on this but lets not get silly. That Penguins team was the obvious preferred matchup for anyone entering the postseason. They grinded out a respectable record without Sid/Geno but they didn't look good at all. Besides that I'm entirely on your side of the debate. Go Lightning.

Rocklobster
04-28-2011, 12:07 PM
i blame matt cooke. fuck you

Sponge Bong Beer Pants
05-01-2011, 05:58 PM
Haven't been around much over the past week but wanted to stop in and send some props to the Bolts for coming back down 3-1. Different series if Croz and Geno were out there but you gotta hand it to them. They did what they had to do to advance to the Semis. Good luck the rest of the way. Hope you take out Ovechicken and the caps. Peace!