PDA

View Full Version : How far in advance do you generally know when a pitcher is starting?

Raja
04-11-2011, 12:25 PM
I don't really follow baseball but play fantasy with my friends league, and I try to check it as little as possible. How many days before does yahoo post the ^ on pitchers? I normally update my hockey teams once a week but it's looking like I'll need to check 2 or 3 times a week to be sure.

moans
04-11-2011, 01:05 PM
I'd say you should check at least twice a week. The ^ is usually up 3 days before the start so something like checking MOnday and Thursday/Friday would be best.

eff1ngham
04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't know why you're trying to check as little as possible, but Yahoo goes 4 days out, ESPN goes 5, and CBS goes 7. So if you're using Yahoo, on monday you'll be able to see through thursday. But since games get rained out, starts get moved, etc, it's best to at least check more often. It takes all of 30 seconds to look at your team for the day and make sure that you have your starters in (or use a mobile phone app if you have one)

toronto1979
04-12-2011, 09:08 PM
You can generally figure out when a pitcher is going to start without the ^s

Most teams pitch on a 5 man rotation, so if a pitcher were to pitch today on Tuesday, he'll likely throw again on Sunday (unless there's an off day in between for the team), in which case he'll go on Monday.