PDA

View Full Version : Netflix - Streaming Queue

Spartan
03-11-2011, 03:03 PM
Mine is empty, please recommend titles to fill it back up.

I can recommend:
The Men who Stare at Goats, Food Inc., A/k/a Tommy Chong, Year One, Alice in Wonderland

You may or may not like:
Pillars of the Earth (8 part series), Frozen, Survivors (British series)

Doctego
03-11-2011, 03:56 PM
I just watched Grown Ups and the Roast of Bob Saget. The first was good. The second started good, lost steam fast, and ended well. I also watched Smiley Face, which might have been the worst movie that I have ever seen.

Doctego
03-11-2011, 04:04 PM
Hmmm. Year One isn't available for streaming now. How often do they remove that??

Spartan
03-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Hmmm. Year One isn't available for streaming now. How often do they remove that??Some of the newer films have a limited time available to stream. Not sure why though.

King_Killah
03-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Some of the newer films have a limited time available to stream. Not sure why though.

I wouldn't say Year One is really that new though.

Gern Blansten
03-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Dexter: Season 1 & 2

Spartan
03-14-2011, 02:39 PM
I've heard good things about Dexter.

Is Intelligence a good show?

Also I watched District 9 and it was better than I expected.

The Kite Runner was pretty good too.

canuckthug
03-14-2011, 04:52 PM
I just watched Grown Ups and the Roast of Bob Saget. The first was good. The second started good, lost steam fast, and ended well. I also watched Smiley Face, which might have been the worst movie that I have ever seen.

Repectfully disagree with Grown Ups. Grown Ups is horrible. One of the worst movies i've seen. Barely any laughs and it was bad on so many levels. Selma Hayek was nice addition and the girl fixing car was memorable. I know what im expecting watching a Happy Madison production but this has to be the worst of the whole lot... I heard Sandler bought everyone a cadillac or something just for participating in this movie. this was after the movie was made probably because Sandler realized he butchered everyones career a little.

Also I watched District 9 and it was better than I expected.

The Kite Runner was pretty good too.

Kite runner was a best seller book hey? didnt know they made a movie. whose in it?? District 9 - crazy shit went down with main actor. it was interesting and i agree, better than expected.

Spartan
03-14-2011, 05:09 PM
Kite runner was a best seller book hey? didnt know they made a movie. whose in it?? District 9 - crazy shit went down with main actor. it was interesting and i agree, better than expected.Kite Runner cast was all Arab, the only one I recognized was the arab guy in Crash.

Gern Blansten
03-15-2011, 10:49 AM
Not sure if you'll do foreign films but watch "The Baader Meinhof Complex." It's done by the same group that did "Downfall" (BRILLIANT, btw). The acting is superb and the story is true.

Another in the foreign film catagory is "The Motorcycle Diaries." The story of young Che Guevara and his adventures pre-revolution. Beautifully shot film and also a true story.

If you have kids, check out "Ponyo." Japanese animation with voice overs from a bunch of known actors. A delightful story.

Spartan
03-17-2011, 08:12 AM
Black Dynamite was hilarious to me. If you've never seen blaxploitation movies from the seventies then you will not get this movie at all. If you have seen movies like Shaft (the original), Foxy Brown or Superfly then you will enjoy Black Dynamite.

Unthinkable - A lot of people told me I had to see this. I think that the hype was more for the fact that the issues were current. I didn't care for the movie itself. Way overacted and littered with cliches.