PDA

View Full Version : wideman value increase?

dman2143
02-28-2011, 01:00 PM
now that hes on wash?

PP1?

wendel_
02-28-2011, 01:10 PM
My guess would be no, unless Green is out for an extended period of time. OV usually plays the point right? With Semin-backstrom-laich being taking up the forward positions.
I don't think that Washington would take Laich off the PP and move OV up to forward.

chadw01
02-28-2011, 01:52 PM
Laich doesn't always play PP1.. sometimes Boudreau has Knuble up there - but you're right, they need a body infront of the net, so neither of them are going off in favour of Wideman.

Unless Green is more hurt than we know, Wideman's value is negligible.

dman2143
02-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Laich doesn't always play PP1.. sometimes Boudreau has Knuble up there - but you're right, they need a body infront of the net, so neither of them are going off in favour of Wideman.

Unless Green is more hurt than we know, Wideman's value is negligible.

gonna put this in the injury thread also, but.. hmmm...

Mike Green (head) is out of the Capitals' lineup for at least a week.

Coach Bruce Boudreau spoke briefly about Green while talking about Washington's newest acquisition, blueliner Dennis Wideman. This has been a frustrating season for Green, who has been limited to 49 games due to a variety of injuries. When he has been healthy, he hasn't lived up to the offensive standards he set in his back-to-back 70+ point campaigns, but part of that is due to the Capitals shifting their focus to a more defensive style of play this season. We'll provide you with further updates on Green's status as they become available.

goleafsgo2424
02-28-2011, 02:06 PM
How can anyone argue jumping from the PANTHERS to the CAPS would not INCREASE Wideman's value??? It definitely does, whether or not he plays on PP1, especially his horrid +/-

wendel_
02-28-2011, 03:44 PM
There's no set rule - there are a number of cases where going from a terrible team to a solid team ends up decreasing a players value.
Even on shitty teams, someone has to score. So, getting more ice time than you deserve can end up inflating your stats. Matt Stajan was on a 61 point pace when the leafs traded him last year. He's not a 60 point player, he was just getting too much ice time. Put the Grabovski line on Washington and their stats go down, because they're not getting the quality/quantity of ice time that they're getting on the shitty Leafs.

Granted, sometimes value goes up, but really it depends on the situation.
Ha, this is all moot anyways if Green's out for a while like it looks like he could be. If Wideman's getting PP1 time, no one can argue that his value decreases haha.

toronto1979
02-28-2011, 08:01 PM
The Wideman move reminds me a lot of the Corvo move last year which didn't pan out really well for WSH or Corvo, but still I'd take a chance on Wideman as your #4 D if he's available in your league.