PDA

View Full Version : Kipper, Bryz & Brodeur: Which two stay?

Gern Blansten
02-28-2011, 12:45 AM
Making the final push for the playoffs. Currently, I'm in but would like to square up my team for the first round. We can only roster two goalies at any given time (other than IR; thats were Brodeur is). Our trade deadline is coming up and should be able to deal away one of these guys for an upgrade elsewhere.

When healthy, each of these guys are their team undisputed #1 starter. Between Monday (2/28) and the start of our playoffs (3/21) each team has 10 games. In the playoffs, their games per week schedule look like this for our league:

NJD: 3-3-4
CGY: 3-3-2
PHO: 3-2-3

Which two goalies would you want to take for the rest of the FH season (including FH playoffs)???

bearcats
02-28-2011, 12:53 AM
kipper and bryz..........

off topic....close battle this week Gern...5-5 draw...sick Goalie stats on your part...

Gern Blansten
02-28-2011, 12:57 AM
kipper and bryz..........

off topic....close battle this week Gern...5-5 draw...sick Goalie stats on your part...

That was a tight battle! I didn't want to risk Kipper blowing up tonight....oops! I couldn't hang in the offensive categories. That's nice points for the both of us!

No love for Marty and the re-energized Devils?

bearcats
02-28-2011, 01:35 AM
That was a tight battle! I didn't want to risk Kipper blowing up tonight....oops! I couldn't hang in the offensive categories. That's nice points for the both of us!

No love for Marty and the re-energized Devils?

not really cause he will be losing some games to hedberg....kipper and bryz will NOT lose starts to labarbera/karlsson from here on out...

Raja
02-28-2011, 09:18 AM
I'd keep Brodeur and Bryzgalov, but really, send out offers for all 3. whatever the best return you can get take it, any 2 will do you just fine.

housenuts
02-28-2011, 09:23 AM
ditch brodeur

Habber82
02-28-2011, 12:30 PM
bryz and kipper

looch17
02-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Crazy to say this but Brodeur is the guy to go out of this group. Both Bryzgalov and Kiprusoff have been playing well. Brodeur is healthy and back now, but not sure how much time he gets with Hedberg playing so good right now.

thehockeyguy79
02-28-2011, 09:28 PM
bryz and kipper

bingo!

jeffoule
02-28-2011, 09:42 PM
I'd keep Brodeur and Bryzgalov, but really, send out offers for all 3. whatever the best return you can get take it, any 2 will do you just fine.

this

Lucca Brazzi
02-28-2011, 11:04 PM
A month ago and I'd send Brodeur packing too, but I think at this time I may move Kipper instead. That said, I agree that you should send feelers out for all of them. Whatever gets you the best return is which way you should go and two you end up retaining would be comparable.

Gern Blansten
03-08-2011, 03:10 PM
Quick update:

Took all of the advice to send out multiple offers. Lots of "hemming and hawing" by the other managers but ended up getting Marleau straight up for Broduer. Beats a sharp stick in the eye!

Thanks everyone for the comments!