PDA

View Full Version : Insane Fantasy Thoughts

flyingfrog
02-20-2011, 03:32 PM
Anyone else get insane fantasy thoughts? I do almost every day. Like "hey, it would be great if my team got 20 goals, 25 assists today" or "I think it's a definite possibility that my team gets 5 shorthanded points today". Or "If the last player I have playing today gets 6 points that would really be great." Or "ok, my player has 3 points so far in the first period, I think he might get a history making 13 points tonight!" In the back of my mind I'm all, nah this can't happen, then this other part of my brain is jack shit crazy and actually starts believing the insanity.

bearcats
02-20-2011, 05:33 PM
UHMM nope....not me....

Doctego
02-20-2011, 05:46 PM
When I start thinking like that, I usually go and buy a cat.

ovechkin
02-20-2011, 07:15 PM
Never rule out crazy thoughts; I had Anderson and Reimer both get shutouts last night. If that can happen anything can happen.

Rocklobster
02-20-2011, 07:27 PM
i don't have insane thoughts but I do go with my gut feeling sometimes and pick up a guy I think will tear it up or bench a goalie I think is going to have a bad game. Usually I do pretty well like picking guys up like sterling etc.

:beer:

Shtand
02-20-2011, 08:51 PM
Don't really get grandiose thoughts like that, but whenever I have a roster where every active slot is filled with a player playing that night, I always expect a good stats-line that night. Then I get a little disappointed if I see a bunch of 0's when I check later. I do sometimes keep my fingers crossed when I have one player left to play, and I'm down in a category and maybe 2 goals from him ties it up or something like that.

canuckthug
02-20-2011, 10:05 PM
UHMM nope....not me....

:beer:

When I start thinking like that, I usually go and buy a cat.

so how many cats do you own??:lol:

Never rule out crazy thoughts; I had Anderson and Reimer both get shutouts last night. If that can happen anything can happen.

No, unfortunately, it can't! There is a difference between crazy thoughts and realistic thoughts.. 13 points in 1 game! the fuckin record is 10 by Sittler and everything was going for him that nite. everything. 13 points!!?? jesus H. Christ! :lol:

flyingfrog
02-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Right, I didn't mention a goalie insane thought because I don't think it's possible to have one, 2 shutouts happen. Honestly I pulled some of the numbers out of my ass, I don't really remember what I think, because I'm caught in a insane furor. Or something... :freak:

dman2143
02-20-2011, 10:21 PM
Right, I didn't mention a goalie insane thought because I don't think it's possible to have one, 2 shutouts happen. Honestly I pulled some of the numbers out of my ass, I don't really remember what I think, because I'm caught in a insane furor. Or something... :freak:

dear flyingfrog,

we've never met, but im sure we can help u. we've helped many other people in your situation and stopped many people from making "interesting" decisions in their life. please let us try to assist u.

sincerely,

paxil and prozac.

flyingfrog
02-20-2011, 10:26 PM
Don't worry, I don't plan to hunt down and kill anyone.

Unless of course, you look at my pink stuffed teddy bear Snuffles weirdly.

Gern Blansten
02-20-2011, 10:32 PM
Never, EVER take the smurf acid, dude!

Roy Hinske
02-20-2011, 11:26 PM
Acid doesn't mess you up that bad. Holy Hell!!

flyingfrog
02-21-2011, 04:08 AM
:rolleyes: You guys are taking this thread a bit too seriously. It's meant to be a "fun" thread, if people really have never thought some odd things even for a split second then I'm a bit surprised. It's kinda like thinking your favorite team is a good team, when any sane person knows they aren't, it's just sports foolishness. Though yes I probably should've mentioned less extreme stuff, though I was trying to be funny.

Ah screw it, I'm insane, I'll go and book myself into a nut farm.

Sandman
02-21-2011, 07:40 PM
when I am in tight at the end of the week in an H2H match - I wonder if I could get away with flying to the city where my opponents goalie is playing, securing a sniper riffle, getting into the arena, finding a spot where nobody could see me, and shooting him in the back of leg after a few goals early on so his GAA gets f%$ked for the week.

Is that wrong?

kiLLscaLLion
02-21-2011, 08:21 PM
when I am in tight at the end of the week in an H2H match - I wonder if I could get away with flying to the city where my opponents goalie is playing, securing a sniper riffle, getting into the arena, finding a spot where nobody could see me, and shooting him in the back of leg after a few goals early on so his GAA gets f%$ked for the week.

Is that wrong?

yes

Roy Hinske
02-21-2011, 11:22 PM
not if you use a riffle.:D

flyingfrog
02-22-2011, 12:10 AM

Is that wrong?

I'm undecided, on the one hand shooting someone is wrong, on the other hand yes, you would be screwing up that person's goalie stats bad.

snoopzen
02-22-2011, 12:25 AM

Is that wrong?

I'm undecided, on the one hand shooting someone is wrong, on the other hand yes, you would be screwing up that person's goalie stats bad.For some reason, I find FF's serious response much odder than Sandman's tongue-in-cheek post.

Maybe he should use a hanndgunn instead.

Roy Hinske
02-22-2011, 12:01 PM
A riffle should in all likely hood do more damage but a hanndgunn would be easier to get in the stadium.

Kyle
02-23-2011, 10:41 AM
I'm undecided, on the one hand shooting someone is wrong, on the other hand yes, you would be screwing up that person's goalie stats bad.

:lol: You're a special one.

Snipes16
02-23-2011, 12:07 PM
All this gun talk is foolishness when Shane Stant is just sitting around unemployed looking for work

flyingfrog
02-23-2011, 04:53 PM
This thread is going swimmingly, can we get a sticky?

Roy Hinske
02-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Where do you want to stick it??;)