PDA

View Full Version : E.Johnson and mclement to colorado for stewart and shattenkirk

islesfan
02-19-2011, 02:32 AM
http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354489

Hopefully this lights a fire under stewarts butt!

iceHOLE
02-19-2011, 02:32 AM
Real Big deal, I am really surprised....

The St. Louis Blues have traded defenceman Erik*Johnson, forward Jay*McClement and a conditional first-round draft pick to the Colorado Avalanche in exchange for forward Chris*Stewart, defenceman Kevin*Shattenkirk and a conditional second-round draft pick.

More to follow.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354489

Gern Blansten
02-19-2011, 02:43 AM
WTF??? This makes no sense!!??

niicepooper
02-19-2011, 09:37 AM
BLUUUUUUES killed it on this deal!

Dubz
02-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Stewart must have really pissed somebody off, lol

looch17
02-19-2011, 10:04 AM
Great deal for Blues. Sucks for me because now I have 2 Blues RW's in Stewart/Backes.

bearcats
02-19-2011, 10:11 AM
fab deal for the blues....the addition of shattenkirk along with the emergennce Carlo C and Alex P will make them forget about EJ and Stewart is like another Backes....

Dubz
02-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Piety is the man now....i do believe;)

secol
02-19-2011, 12:28 PM
holy crap

housenuts
02-19-2011, 12:33 PM

ya don't really understand the trade.

BLUUUUUUES killed it on this deal!

i agree. think stewart tilts this in the blues favour.

Piety is the man now....i do believe;)

ya maybe i should pick him up. not sure how the move affects EJ's value.

I have both stewart and shattenkirk and think this trade def helps stewart, and possibly shatts a bit, but not much.

b_illin
02-19-2011, 01:26 PM
It all depends on that 1st I think and if EJ develops into the player everyone thought he would. If that 1st ends up being a #11/12/etc. pick than that may be the difference maker....and we won't know how that turns out for a few years.

Kyle
02-19-2011, 01:58 PM
Unless EJ becomes the next Nick Lidstrom, this was a dominant deal for the Blues. Shatten is just as good and could become much better even. Both of them should have neck and neck career projections.

The chance for the Avs to ever truly benefit from this deal is extremely low. I don't understand it.

housenuts
02-19-2011, 02:11 PM
COL should want St. Lou's pick to be top 10 this year and pushed back to next year. This year's draft isn't that good, and if st. louis falters even more next year, COL could end up with a t10 pick in a likely better draft.

two24four
02-19-2011, 02:24 PM
COL should want St. Lou's pick to be top 10 this year and pushed back to next year. This year's draft isn't that good, and if st. louis falters even more next year, COL could end up with a t10 pick in a likely better draft.

It's not that bad, there are still going to be some good players late in the 1st round early 2nd.

Jensen, Jenner, Lessio, Jurco, Puemple, Musil, Rakell, Prince, Rask, Trocheck, Catenacci, Shore, Khokhlachev, etc....these are players who will go mid to late 1st, early 2nd.

Chilly_Willy
02-19-2011, 02:43 PM
Eklund had predicted this one right?

eff1ngham
02-19-2011, 03:07 PM

The Avs are loaded with young forwards who can score. I'm not going to lie and say that most of them are as good as Stewart right now, but people in the organization questioned if Stewart is still on the rise, or if he's reached his peak. (Plus he's been trying to play way too much of a finesse game since he broke his hand as opposed to the power forward game that we wanted from him). Shattenkirk has great offensive skills, but is a terrible defender (and has been getting worse lately), and the Avs already have plenty of undersized defensemen. Johnson is a potential franchise player, he hasn't lived up to expectations, but if he does then it works out well here.

I do with Stewart and Shattenkirk the best in STL though, they should mesh well there

Gambit
02-20-2011, 12:06 AM
Really scary to think St. Louis now has David Backes, TJ Oshie AND Chris Stewart. I mean freakin' wow!

As far as the Avs/Blues deal goes, as much as I like the Avs, the more I think about this deal the more I think the Blues will end up the winner in this one. This deal basically comes down to whether or not EJ reaches his "potential" in Colorado, for the Avs to win it. Since that is not a certainty, you have to give it to the Blues management for having the balls to make this deal happen. They bring in a power forward one of the best young power forwards in the game plus replace EJ with a younger version with arguably just a little less upside.

I mean Shattenkirk obviously doesn't have the all-around potential to become a dominant defenseman, but is not strictly an offensive defender. Hes played very well for a struggling team in his rookie year.

People keep saying EJ will get better, which I believe he will, but so will Shattenkirk. McClement helps fill a leadership role, hes a true high character indiviual that many Blues fans wanted to be the Captain at one point, and is a top notch defensive player.

niicepooper
02-20-2011, 01:14 AM
The Gods have spoken: Blues win 9-3 (most goals all season) with 2 goals by Stewart and an assist by Shattenkirk. Avs lose 4-0, with no points an a -2 for McClement and EJ. Also Anderson with the SHO vs TOR. Avs in a downward spiral, Blues reinvigorated...

iceHOLE
02-20-2011, 11:54 AM
I think EJ will do good next year when the slate is wiped clean, remember this guy lost a full season due to a foot or leg injury...

Chilly_Willy
02-20-2011, 03:50 PM
This trade needs a couple years before judgement. Not sure what Denver is doing I think they sold the farm a bit early but maybe they see something in Elliot and EJ their franchise needs more than the potentual in Stewart Shat. I would say Mueller being able to maintain a healthy career is more important than ever now. Denver needs to throw in the towel this season and just get a decent draft position.

Habber82
02-21-2011, 12:46 PM
This trade needs a couple years before judgement. Not sure what Denver is doing I think they sold the farm a bit early but maybe they see something in Elliot and EJ their franchise needs more than the potentual in Stewart Shat. I would say Mueller being able to maintain a healthy career is more important than ever now. Denver needs to throw in the towel this season and just get a decent draft position.

Stewart shat?! :lol:

b_illin
02-21-2011, 12:55 PM
(shattenkirk)

Chilly_Willy
02-21-2011, 07:14 PM
Stewart shat?! :lol:

Yes indeed :)